1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Michigan flavor ban

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by ace1, Sep 4, 2019.

1. ace1

ace1 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Does any one know how its going to work for the diyers of Michigan new flavor ban

2. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'd say you'll have to place an order with the vendor and see how it goes. From what I've been reading here. That bcf should be Ok as it's a flavor website that wasn't built for vaping. But I read flavorah was a company made for vaping flavors so they may have issues. Hell honestly I have no idea. It's bs for sure and the start to a long road for a lot of us I'm afraid.

3. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Def gonna be tough to get nicotine. Might have to get creative.....

4. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I didn't thi k about that. Ohh gotta hit the stores this weekend then. Crappppppp. Im just gonna stock up. Buy another freezer if I have to. Lol

5. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Maybe...

According to this article...
    https://beta.washingtonpost.com/hea...9-8c1c-7c8ee785b855_story.html?outputType=amp

"Whitmer complained that e-cigarette companies are using sweet flavors, such as bubble gum and “fruit loops,” to hook young people on nicotine, with potentially adverse consequences. Besides sweet flavors, the prohibition will also apply to vaping products that use mint and menthol flavors. It does not cover tobacco-flavored e-cigarettes, the governor’s aides said."

(Can't ban "Big Tobacco" products! (or their re-election campaign donations /lobbying $$) :))

"The ban, which covers both retail and online sales, will go into effect as soon as the health department issues rules, sometime in the next 30 days. It will last for six months, and can be renewed for another six months, according to the governor’s aides. "

So...I guess nothing for sure is known. For me at least.

Michigan: Recreational Mary-wanna sales okay...No Vapeing sweet stuff though! :rolleyes:

Rhianne, misswish, Slots and 2 others like this.
  6. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Yup. I gotta finish stocking up on nic.

MrMeowgi and RonJS like this.
  7. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Total bs. A state with legal recreational and open carry bans flavors?so i can stap a shotgun on my back openly while i smoke but vaping will kill me?

8. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Big tobacco at its best

wildgypsy70, DonBaldy and RonJS like this.
  9. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne and wildgypsy70 like this.
  10. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I guess all the teenagers and everyone else will have to go back to getting their nicotine the old fashioned way but it's so much better. :rolleyes:

11. Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 5 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    So Mi starts the black market for vaping... Brilliant!

The scare tactics worked.. I know a few that will be upset.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  12. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oh no! Froot Loops flavor! Let's get rid of this because absolutely ZERO adults would use that flavor. They should be smoking cigarettes or like real grownups do. /sarcasm

It's a big fuck you to adults who would like a less damaging (flavored) alternative to smoking.

Rhianne, DonBaldy and wildgypsy70 like this.
  13. Dbreezy187

Dbreezy187 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm not understanding how the flavor is any different than when they pushed out fruity dip what grown country guy goes into speedway and says "let me get a can of wild berry skull". money and politics. Or even when camel pushed those fruity Turkish blends.

14. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Because dip is tobacco which is Ok for the kids. But the damn fruit loops will be the death of us

15. Dbreezy187

Dbreezy187 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yea I know it, and there isn't much we can really do but it grinds my gears they say they are doing it bc it's enticing kids to vape. But when I moved to ky from Vegas I looked at all the jocks like they were disgusting because they were dipping. Then my friend was like "it's sour apple give it a try" which I did. Had he not neglected to tell me I wasn't supposed to swallow I'd have probably taken it up. But I got sick as a dog which is also why I can't vape apple.

Rhianne, MrMeowgi and wildgypsy70 like this.
  16. Artemis

Artemis Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think it's absurd what Michigan is doing. However, how are they going to regulate flavorings from a flavoring vendor? Capella, nature flavors, flavorwest, Lorann's (and more) are dual purpose flavorings. They sell flavorings for other applications. I don't know about Flavorah since its touted for vaping. I would be concerned about nicotine at this time.

To me it is just a political tactic to win votes. Sadly, many folks who vape will go back to smoking.
    I'm also thinking of the impact this will leave on vape shops.

Rhianne, wildgypsy70 and misswish like this.
  17. PuffOn

PuffOn Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Wonder when they will realize kids are vaping the Juul for the nic buzz, not flavors.
    They will continue to vape away with tobacco and menthol flavors.

Rhianne, MrMeowgi, MC5 and 2 others like this.
  18. PopcornSmell

PopcornSmell

Blog Posts:
    The big advantage of vaping is that you can vape countless flavors. If all e-liquids are now flavorless, many smokers who just start vaping will just switch back to smoke because cigarette has true tobacco taste and better hit.

Rhianne likes this.
  19. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Hey, I thought that too. I don’t really like menthol, but I like tobacco flavors. And to not smoke, I’d vape menthol and tobacco. Don’t know if that makes me a sell out or not, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PuffOn likes this.
  20. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well, they've been squawking that vaping will lead kids to smoking. I bet they never thought they'd be the cause of that. Such bullshit.

DonBaldy, RonJS, misswish and 3 others like this.
  21. obijuan77

obijuan77 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Nope, they instead will say 'told ya so'

see how convenient that worked out for them?

Rhianne likes this.