Become a Patron!

Merry Christmas! Joyeux Noel! Feliz Navidad! Happy Holidays!

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's time to get some holiday spirit going around here!
Enjoy the new Holiday-themed emojis we've added.....

and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS from all the crew at VU :xmastree::xmaslights::santabanana::hohoho:

upload_2018-12-7_18-13-9.png

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
:wave: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everybody :wave:

I haven't been able to be around as much as I would have liked because of a family emergency due to my mother followed by the death of my father on December 26th.
I have a lot of things to do to get my mom straightened out so I've been mostly out. I'll be back around as soon as I can though. ;)

The death of a close family member takes a lot of time. From planning the service to transferring ownership of literally everything to my mom. The only good thing is he had everything in both of their names, I mean everything. That's some serious trust and love right there. It makes it so much easier on me since all I need to do is remove his name from XXX vehicle, policy, account, etc... and leave her name.

So, that's what I've been doing, before that it was long hospital visits. He went in on December 3rd.
Get this, so far zero covid. It was acquired hemophilia. I'll know exactly when the death certificates arrives, of course I had a 2 week long wait because of the backlog. One week down. lol If they slip covid on there I'll literally blank out the identifying info and post it. I have results from the day before he passed that say negative so they better not slip that shit in there.

I have about another months worth of work ahead of me.

Talk to you guys later, :wave:

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I haven't been able to be around as much as I would have liked because of a family emergency due to my mother followed by the death of my father on December 26th.
I have a lot of things to do to get my mom straightened out so I've been mostly out. I'll be back around as soon as I can though
I am so sorry about your Dad passing away may he Rest in Peace-
My sympathies and prayers to you and your Mom during this difficult time. You are such an awesome son to help your Mom thru all of this.
I am sorry I don't know much about the Social Security- you could call them to find out what you need to do with that or visit their website. Here in NY we have to call and do everything online because our SS offices are closed due to Covid.
:hug:

Jimmy Lee

Member For 4 Years
:wave: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everybody :wave:

I have a lot of things to do to get my mom straightened out so I've been mostly out. I'll be back around as soon as I can though. ;)

The death of a close family member takes a lot of time. From planning the service to transferring ownership of literally everything to my mom. The only good thing is he had everything in both of their names, I mean everything. That's some serious trust and love right there. It makes it so much easier on me since all I need to do is remove his name from XXX vehicle, policy, account, etc... and leave her name.

So, that's what I've been doing, before that it was long hospital visits. He went in on December 3rd.
Get this, so far zero covid. It was acquired hemophilia. I'll know exactly when the death certificates arrives, of course I had a 2 week long wait because of the backlog. One week down. lol If they slip covid on there I'll literally blank out the identifying info and post it. I have results from the day before he passed that say negative so they better not slip that shit in there.

I have about another months worth of work ahead of me.

If anyone read this the full way through, had something similar happen to them, and knows the main steps that I need to take with the social security administration please hit me up on a pm if you have time.
The very last thing I need right now is the federal government up my ass.

Talk to you guys later, :wave:
So sorry for the loss of your father, you have my sincere condolence.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to hear about the passing of your father @5150sick. Your family is in my prayers.

The mortuary that is taking care of him should have informed SSN. That is what happens here in CA as my mother-in-law passed in October. Still, I would call them and also have your mother's SSN available in case she is eligible for death benefits.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@5150sick I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, and sorry to be so late in hearing. My mother passed in 2013, and I found out quickly that there's a whirlwind that starts right after the loss, and carries on for a while. You and your mother will be in my thoughts. <3 <3 <3

I don't know what your parents' work lives were like, but if your father's Social Security benefits were more than your mother's, she is entitled to survivors' benefits and should begin to receive the higher of the two amounts. If there are any life insurance policies, annuities, trusts, etc. those entities will probably want certified copies of your father's death certificate, and you will need to work with them to ensure the receipt of any benefits that are due.

You or your mother may want to consult with an estates lawyer in advance of her passing, because when both parents have passed, if everything is not shared with you or one of your siblings, you are plunked down into the territory of having to administer her estate, everything ending up in probate, and that's when things can get very complicated. I won't give advice, just will say that my mother having all her personal property in a trust and having my name on bank accounts and my sister's name on the title of her vehicle made things very much less complicated than they otherwise would have been.

It's really a shame that people get hit with all of this right after a parent's passing. It hardly gives one time to grieve even a little. I always say, let your friends and family help you, if they are trustworthy, and don't take on anything extra that can wait until later. Again, you and your family have my very deepest condolences and I wish you all peace.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If anyone read this the full way through, had something similar happen to them, and knows the main steps that I need to take with the social security administration please hit me up on a pm if you have time.

If your mom isn't working, or getting top shelf income. Be sure you apply for SS widow's pension for her. She's entitled to your dad's SS.

My mom got that from my step dad's. She has to only work or have so much income each month though. It's a case by case basis, just ask and see what's available.

I know the money isn't a real issue, won't bring dad back. Also know it can help your mom living. If it's there y'all may as well use it. He paid in and only right mom can use.

VU Sponsors