Become a Patron!

Member buttons

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I see a lot of member buttons with certain people, but half the buttons I don’t know what they mean, example VU Swat... the button sounds awesome! Like I want to be a swat member, but what does it mean?

VU contributer is common sense.

I was just curious if there’s a thread somewhere that lists all the buttons and what they mean. If not, could a thread be created in the new members forum so us newbies could learn about them? Probably a small not needed request, but I was curious.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Swat was recently bought in as a way to give members the ability to report faster for spam (without it you have a time delay to report)...they may well be additional access granted with the badge to “swat” spam at some point not sure in that bit?

most badges are just that ...some have additional features that grant them extra privileges

moderator, staff member, admin, VU vendor, swat challenge team have more privileges depending on where it is in the forum and what they want to do.

VU donator and Challenge Team have extra areas of the forum they can see

other than that as far as I’m aware they are to show different things like time on forum, media and other things, and number of posts

:)

hope that helps

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Swat was recently bought in as a way to give members the ability to report faster for spam (without it you have a time delay to report)...they may well be additional access granted with the badge to “swat” spam at some point not sure in that bit?

most badges are just that ...some have additional features that grant them extra privileges

moderator, staff member, admin, VU vendor, swat challenge team have more privileges depending on where it is in the forum and what they want to do.

VU donator and Challenge Team have extra areas of the forum they can see

other than that as far as I’m aware they are to show different things like time on forum, media and other things, and number of posts

:)

hope that helps
Yes, you helped very much! Just one last question and you can delete or lock this thread:

What’s challenge team mean?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
very rarely will you see threads locked ...so if you think of anything else can always come back and ask :)

I'm so glad threads aren't locked often here. Something about that has always rubbed me the wrong way, like we're being censored or something (although I understand sometimes it's warranted).

Just another reason I love Vaping Underground!

Also, I had no idea there were extra thingies for donators. Where the heck do I find those? :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm so glad threads aren't locked often here. Something about that has always rubbed me the wrong way, like we're being censored or something (although I understand sometimes it's warranted).

Just another reason I love Vaping Underground!

Also, I had no idea there were extra thingies for donators. Where the heck do I find those? :)

just a hidden section - very little activity in it though

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
just a hidden section - very little activity in it though
nothing wrong with donors talking among themselves in that section with in the rules of course... i thing that section may see more activity as time progresses.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
nothing wrong with donors talking among themselves in that section with in the rules of course... i thing that section may see more activity as time progresses.

it’s ok mage you don’t need to defend the realm...and yeah I remember those discussions too ;)

it is what it is ....people wanna donate they gonna donate for other reasons, just worth being open about it, ......:.it’s there, but not used much is where it’s at right now

So are there confirmed plans for that section?, what are they?

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it’s ok mage you don’t need to defend the realm...and yeah I remember those discussions too ;)

it is what it is ....people wanna donate they gonna donate for other reasons, just worth being open about it, ......:.it’s there, but not used much is where it’s at right now

So are there confirmed plans for that section?, what are they?
i think only time will tell it is a donor section after all. however i have voiced a few ideas for it...

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
i think only time will tell it is a donor section after all. however i have voiced a few ideas for it...

“We” and staff team discussed would be a more fitting description to use don’t you agree?

not looking for a fight was just answering a question as it stands right now, if there are plans ...great, all that was needed haha

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
“We” and staff team discussed would be a more fitting description to use don’t you agree?

not looking for a fight was just answering a question as it stands right now, if there are plans ...great, all that was needed haha
some staffers voiced ideas a while back that your aware of other than that i am not aware as of yet of any official or unofficial plan for the donors section other than supporting are donors right to use that section.

VU Sponsors