Become a Patron!

Melting Center post Insulators in RDAs while sub-ohm 'ing.

Jaywizzz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, Hello, I don't as a rule cloud chase often. I prefer a magma and some delicious custard ejuice over a cup of coffee. On occasion I do chase, but here recently with 2 of my drippers back to back, I do a dual 22g 6 wrap microcoil build using 1 continuous piece of kanthal, and I melted my center post peek insulator, and my center post sunk into the melted mess. Then a few days later I did dual 22g crazy 8 coils and melted the insulator in my Enigma. Now, Thank God this wasn't my authentic Dominator X, or Mephisto, or my Plume Veil, but I've done 22g builds before and never had this happen. So, what's to stop it from happening in one of my good drippers. Not that I didn't like all of my drippers, but did I do something wrong? coils too close together? too much 22g kanthal? I don't know. Please if you know something about this, or have had similar experience, I would love to hear what you did, what happened, and how do you keep it from happening? And can you get more insulators? and where from?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What was the resistance that they were rated at after the build?

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know fatdaddyvapes.com has replacement insulators, don't know if he'll have the ones you need, but that would be my first go. This has never happened to me, but then again, I've never built below .5 ohm's, I haven't felt the need as my prefered is around .7-.8

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you are pushing what .12 to .14ish or lower with that build?
Yep you are almost shorting shit out with that build or creating a hot spot where it makes connection, melting insulators.
Honestly kind of shocked you have not had a battery vent due to a short.
When I build with 22ga I either use a positive blocked center post like on a trident or plume veil, or I use two coils and lay the legs side by side.

VU Sponsors