MELO coils for Atlantis

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone try these? I found that they fit but I couldn't see anything about people actually using them when I did my quick skim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Haven't tried them since I can get Aspire cotton coils now for the Atlantis. Might try them at some point if they turn out to be just as good but cheaper.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just put a melo coil in my atlantis for the first time yesterday. So far, with only about 4ml run through it, I'm going to say they work very well - better taste with no downside that I have come across yet - running it at 36 watts. They are ever so slightly a different size - the wicking holes are not front and center between the slots in the post, but rather deeper down in the base - I was worried when I saw this, but have had zero problems with them wicking high vg juice at the mentioned 36 watts. Can't say how they compare to the the aspire cotton coils... since they are whole lot cheaper than those linked above I am not sure I will spend the $ to see what differences, if any, there are.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
working good on mine, Like @db3 said, the wicking holes are pretty deep down, but i havnt had any wicking problems with 80 vg. Theses coils do still do the spitback thing quite a bit more than the subtank coils, but much better flavor than the aspire ceramic coils for sure

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
i just got my Melo tank today and dropped the spare coil in my Atlantis for giggles and grins. still has some spitting, but I can run it at 30w with out burning unlike my Atlantis stock coils that I had to keep under 25w. I always found after two hits or so that I tasted burning cotton. so I normally kept my wattage at 22.5. it worked on the atlantis but there was a lot of spitting. Now with the Melo Coils I can run at 30w and there is minimal spitting and no burning taste.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i just got my Melo tank today and dropped the spare coil in my Atlantis for giggles and grins. still has some spitting, but I can run it at 30w with out burning unlike my Atlantis stock coils that I had to keep under 25w. I always found after two hits or so that I tasted burning cotton. so I normally kept my wattage at 22.5. it worked on the atlantis but there was a lot of spitting. Now with the Melo Coils I can run at 30w and there is minimal spitting and no burning taste.

thanks for sharing

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just helped the airflow in the Melo a touch... puled the pin that is in one if the air holes and then turned the three holes into a slot like the atlantis has.. Much better! I actually am liking this Melo a touch more than my Atlantis at this point.

The pin removed...

And now the air holes are slotted...

VU Sponsors