Become a Patron!

mega volt min atomizer resistance is .2 ohm, smok mesh coil reads at .19

r3wt

Member For 1 Year
I have been using my tfv8 baby beast mini (22mm) with the new mesh coils by smok. the mod states it only fires down to .2 ohm, but the coils are reading at .19 ohm. I have been using it at 40 watts and it is working amazing, however i am wondering if this is safe? can anyone advise me whether or not this is safe or if i am putting my mod at risk for failure? I am a noob to mods

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not bright, but if yer using Smok and SMok-coils, I would not expect Bright. it actually sounds silly, but if shit "works", then it works.

Fred Carlson

Member For 1 Year
The build and wattage are safe. However, the mod shouldn't be allowing you to fire. So using a broken mod may not be safe.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
He is saying it may be broken because you should of got a Low resistance warning or it shouldn't of worked. According to specs you need a min of a 0.2 ohm coil. With it being 0.19 it must be close enough the mod is letting it pass. I wouldn't go lower even if it did let you fire it.

Fred Carlson

Member For 1 Year
He is saying it may be broken because you should of got a Low resistance warning or it shouldn't of worked. According to specs you need a min of a 0.2 ohm coil. With it being 0.19 it must be close enough the mod is letting it pass. I wouldn't go lower even if it did let you fire it.

Yes, that is what I was saying. So if your regulated mod is not being regulated by the circuit board. Then what exactly is it doing? It might be a brand new mod but it could be a lemon.

I would stop using it immediately. I believe most battery failures and explosions are due to short circuits. Like when a hybrid mechanical mods isn't making a solid connection from atomizer to battery. It can short out.

Would you rather throw out a brand new mod? Or have a nice fat facial reconstruction medical bill. No joke. It's just my words of precaution.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
When a mod says the lowest resistance is .2 it still may go down to 0.18 or so.
Especially these smok mods with smok tanks and smok coils.

it's probably just a firmware glitch or something.

If you were saying it was firing at 0.1 then i'd say it was broken but a 0.01 difference is nothing.

My ohms fluctuate .02 or so just when my RTA warms up.

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been using my tfv8 baby beast mini (22mm) with the new mesh coils by smok. the mod states it only fires down to .2 ohm, but the coils are reading at .19 ohm. I have been using it at 40 watts and it is working amazing, however i am wondering if this is safe? can anyone advise me whether or not this is safe or if i am putting my mod at risk for failure? I am a noob to mods

I just wonder why no search has done on forum before posting.
Even its a little bit weird that senior moderator @5150sick hasn't check threads ;)

Anyway please see same question by me and official answer by COV on below link mate

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/c-o-v-megavolt-and-min-resistance.427787/

Cheers

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have found, that every mod allows a bit of "wiggle" room. Most say lowest is 0.10 ohm but will still fire at 0.09 ohm. I figure this is to allow for resistance change when the coil is heated or something like that.

VU Sponsors