Become a Patron!

Mechs

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Now that regulated mods r so powerful and most have a boost feature now for quick firing is there still a point in having a mech mod. My Paranormal I have set on 80 watts boost and I fire a 9 wrap of fused claptons immediately. If I turn up the watts anymore I get a burnt taste. So woth all the new technology and more power then u can ever use why do people still use mechs? Is the flavor better? If I turned my regulated device all the way up Id melt the coils. It has more power then Ill ever need. So if ur out there and u use a mech tell me why. Im curious.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Size. My mech squonkers are tiny. For me anyway. Never used tube mods. Dont like the idea of sticking a potetial pipe bomb to my face.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your paranormal board goes out the mod is toast without evolves help. My mechs will last forever with a little bit of maintenance. Clean the threads and contacts every couple weeks and that's about it. Not all mech buds run super high wattage. Most of my coil builds are around .2ohms. Never came close to melting a coil. You build the coil to the vape you want. Some people are into clouds which is what you're thinking about with high wattage. Have tube mechs and squonkers. Not really much more chance for a tube to vent a battery than a squonker. Most flavor chasers vape at less than 50 watts. Also your 9 wrap fused clapton has a higher ohm than my 5 or 6 wrap fused clapton, so it will definitely fire fast a that high of a wattage.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I didnt know they made a mech sqonker.
If your paranormal board goes out the mod is toast without evolves help. My mechs will last forever with a little bit of maintenance. Clean the threads and contacts every couple weeks and that's about it. Not all mech buds run super high wattage. Most of my coil builds are around .2ohms. Never came close to melting a coil. You build the coil to the vape you want. Some people are into clouds which is what you're thinking about with high wattage. Have tube mechs and squonkers. Not really much more chance for a tube to vent a battery than a squonker. Most flavor chasers vape at less than 50 watts. Also your 9 wrap fused clapton has a higher ohm than my 5 or 6 wrap fused clapton, so it will definitely fire fast a that high of a wattage.

Now that Ive learned about ohms law. I know what build I want. Im thinking about a double stack by Purge.

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Now that Ive learned about ohms law. I know what build I want. Im thinking about a double stack by Purge.
With the build I use now Id be safe on a double stack. I want a double 18650 battery mod. But I cant find many online. The vape shop sells Purges but they start at $350. I cant find many other double stack brands.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jumping to the big-time price tag. I'd go with something cheap first to make sure you like a tube. Purge is a big step in price. There's one for sale in the hardware thread for a few hundred dollars. All my squonkers are mechs. I've had a few regulated squonks but just enjoy the mechs better.

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Jumping to the big-time price tag. I'd go with something cheap first to make sure you like a tube. Purge is a big step in price. There's one for sale in the hardware thread for a few hundred dollars. All my squonkers are mechs. I've had a few regulated squonks but just enjoy the mechs better.

What other brands carry double stacks? I cant find any.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly not sure what other mods can stack. @CrazyChef v2.0 would know better than me. He'll probably reply later after he wakes up

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The Dreamer by Timesvape is a good affordable stackable tube mod. You could always go the route of a series or parallel box mod mech as well if you don’t want to carry around a baton.

My reasons for preferring mechs over regulated:
Size, reliability, looks, simplisity, function. There are pro’s and cons, the pros outweigh the cons for me enough to prefer the vape from a mech. Not a high wattage vaper anymore either, been using single coil RTA’s lately with around a .5 ohm coil/ 25-30 watts.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Mechs are great if putting in the time to learn the safety aspects and learn to dial in your builds. IMO they are one of the simplest and most consistent vapes one can have. Been using them for many years and still my go to mods.

You might consider a parallel box mod to start with if going the mech route. They are IMO a solid starting point for new mech users and are a touch more forgiving on the coil assembly side than a series mod and offer more than a single battery tube. There are tons of options from practical to completely superficial and they just work.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Honestly not sure what other mods can stack. @CrazyChef v2.0 would know better than me. He'll probably reply later after he wakes up

@Ephraim Once I'm convinced you know how to use a series mod properly, I'll be more than happy to recommend a few. They can give a great (if not angry) vape. They can also put you in the hospital if used improperly.

VU Sponsors