Become a Patron!

Mech vs. Box MODs w/ triton tank

I currently have an aspire triton tank and an eLeaf iStick TC40W box MOD. I used to have a mechanical mod paired with it that I loved because of the streamlined design. The magnets broke so I ended up buying the box mod. Initially I was set on getting another mech mod but a local store said it wouldn't work well with the Triton, saying something about the wattage not being enough.

My question is if there are any updated mechanical mods that I can buy that would work well with my triton tank. The bottom line for me is I want the entire device to be cylindrical without the box aspect ruining the look and feel in my pocket. If there's one that charges by USB that would be even better. Any recommendations are much appreciated. Thanks!

ImmortaliT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sir lancelot has tube mech that can run with attachment 2 batteries in series that should pump some watts up there but if this is aspire triton tank it has ability to use nautilus coils as well and you should be able to find a coil that suits your mod instead of having to find a mod that suits your coil

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure you've got the terminology here - there are two form factors of mods - tube and box. That's just how they look.

There are also two types - mechanical and regulated. A mechanical has no regulation - you push the button and get as much power as the battery can put out, given its charge level. With a regulated device, you set the power level and it stays there until the batteries are done, rather than getting weaker as the batteries wear out. It's also more customizable, so far as being able to pick the power level that works best for your topper.

Most regulated cylindrical mods don't put out a lot of power, so you'd probably be looking at a mech to keep the form factor. What wattage are you running your iStick at? What's the resistance of your coils?

ImmortaliT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also tesla has tube mods that are regulated sir lancelot is unregulated

Responding to years old posts is fun.... I got. amerivape M-2 mech mod with triton tank and .4 ohm coil.... 3000mAh battery.. Stupid amounts of vapour... Dont really go over 30w on the .4's in my eleaf regaurdless

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Responding to years old posts is fun.... I got. amerivape M-2 mech mod with triton tank and .4 ohm coil.... 3000mAh battery.. Stupid amounts of vapour... Dont really go over 30w on the .4's in my eleaf regaurdless
Since we are having fun replying to years old posts, I would mention a correction of an earlier reply and state that the Triton does not have cross-compatibility with Nautilus coils but IS cross compatible with Atlantis coils!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mech are not recommended with tanks with pre built heads since the idea of mechs is to adjust the wattage by adjusting the resistance of your coils, which you can't do with pre built heads.
However if a Triton pre built coil with a specific resistance happens to bring you to the wattage that you like then you're in luck.

If you liked the Triton with one mech then you will get roughly the same result with any other mech with the same battery configuration.
You should only use a non hybrid mech.

VU Sponsors