Become a Patron!

Mech mods

hello I was questioning myself if i should use my tiger coils (0.36 ohms) on my broadside tube and goon atty is it safe?

Sent from my SM-A510M using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hello I was questioning myself if i should use my tiger coils (0.36 ohms) on my broadside tube and goon atty is it safe?

All depends on the battery

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my lecture I give new Mech users.

1. Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2. Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a. Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/

b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d. In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you put it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)

6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im using a mxjo yellow is that good

I have had good luck with those batteries. You are going to drain it fast and run it hot if doing a dual coil build with those tigers. Might consider A simpler build and pushing the ohm's up around .3ish. You will get better run time and stress the batteries less.

Need to keep a close eye on those batteries since they have clear wrap and it is harder to tell when they have issues with the wrap. I run a gold sharpie around the edges on the bottom where its clear to give indications of cracking or tears.

I have had good luck with those batteries. You are going to drain it fast and run it hot if doing a dual coil build with those tigers. Might consider A simpler build and pushing the ohm's up around .3ish. You will get better run time and stress the batteries less.

Need to keep a close eye on those batteries since they have clear wrap and it is harder to tell when they have issues with the wrap. I run a gold sharpie around the edges on the bottom where its clear to give indications of cracking or tears.
thanks

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
anyway i can keep contact?

Yep and welcome to VU. Pretty sure you will find a great deal of helpful folks here. Been a pretty interesting spot for the short time I have been here.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

I guess this depends on what you are looking for... IMO no its a rewrap and not up to the quality of like @r055co mentioned I personally only use LG, Sony or Samsung anymore. In fact I have 4 MXJO's on my desk that dont get used for anything now. Mooch has tons of info about batteries and it was his guidance that also ultimately made me decide to not use other brands. It brings me great pain to post this link here but I am trying to help... https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

Also here (below) shows your not getting what you are paying for or they claim on that battery... may not be an issue but you cant build based on what they claim...

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/attachments/3a7aa2d0-653b-4fc8-b731-f5a5f79bb12d-jpeg.735231/

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I certainly wouldn't use them, especially in a Mech. Get real authentic Sony, Samsung or LG, my personal favorite is Sony VTC5a's. Bottom line is stick with Mooch's recommended batteries only.

VU Sponsors