Become a Patron!

Me Am First Poster in This New Forum!!!!

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow!!! Me #1 first poster!!!
What not to do?
Don't vape too hot and scorch the roof of your mouth!!

tumblr_inline_nljfol5y6s1rgwq9o.gif

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't think one device is all you need... Because shit happens, and it seems to happen more regularly and frequently tio vape gear than to ANYTHING else I've ever seen! You need backups for your backups' backups!

Andria

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe it hasn't been properly explained...or maybe I don't get it, so don't hold me to this...

I'm under the impression this sub is going to be a place where we take horrific mistakes of the kind featured on the nightly news and break down the easy steps that could've been taken to have made the latest exploding mod function safely.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, it got created for threads we run across that are examples of things no one should do. I predict a lot of battery threads will end up here.

That seems like a great way to alienate new posters.

Let folks make info guides, but moving posts and making a shame corner seems like a dick move.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That seems like a great way to alienate new posters.

Let folks make info guides, but moving posts and making a shame corner seems like a dick move.

When I post a story of some dude burning his nutsack because he stuck a live, bare 18650 in his pocket with keys and change or one blows his face off from using a hybrid adapter on a mech with a subohm tank in the news & media section I will also put the story here and tell people to use a battery case or avoid hybrid top cap adapters if you have no clue what the hell you are doing.

That is why this subforum is here.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I post a story of some dude burning his nutsack because he stuck a live, bare 18650 in his pocket with keys and change or one blows his face off from using a hybrid adapter on a mech with a subohm tank in the news & media section I will also put the story here and tell people to use a battery case or avoid hybrid top cap adapters if you have no clue what the hell you are doing.

That is why this subforum is here.

okay

But that's not at all the same as

No, it got created for threads we run across that are examples of things no one should do. I predict a lot of battery threads will end up here.

News stories are usually going to be vague of cause, so will be vague as a teaching aid. But, that's not that the example I'm arguing against.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Model_A_Ford, by all means, write something up and start a thread in here instead of arguing with staff why admin created this area we requested.
That's exactly what I'm saying.

It's a bad id
ea for mods to move user content into a 'what not to do' sub-forum, like this is suggesting-

Using member's posts as examples is going to embarrass them. Don't ridicule poster's mistakes by putting them into a shame thread, you'll lose a lot of people by doing that.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Posts can be moved without a name attached to them. No one is being shamed. I can certainly understand your POV from the way I worded my post and have no problem admitting I could have done that better.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's exactly what I'm saying.
It's a bad id
ea for mods to move user content into a 'what not to do' sub-forum, like this is suggesting-
Using member's posts as examples is going to embarrass them. Don't ridicule poster's mistakes by putting them into a shame thread, you'll lose a lot of people by doing that.

First off, I made your font bigger for my quote ,as an improvement for readers.
The fact that things get quoted, moved, used for reference here, is up to the discretion of the owner and staff of this forum, and second, what is posted by users is read by all here, no matter where it is posted, IT IS STILL POSTED AND STILL READ.

Where it is placed is again up to staff and owner, What that area is titled....again up to the staff to decide. What is up to the reader, is what they can take away from reading it. As with all helpful threads here, many have learned everything from building a mod to making their own juice to vape in them and much much more. Hopefully in this area they will learn safety and "What not to do"

You have turned this first thread in this new area , into one where because you don't agree with us , now into one of debate on how staff works the forum.

Last edited:

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I for one like the area. Think it will be helpful and beneficial for newbies like me. I was in the military and one of the most said terms was all procedures were written in blood. True saying. If you make a mistake an keep someone else from making it isn't viewed as shame or seen as a failure but as an attempt that didn't work they way you planned. I have scoured this forums different sections in the short time I have been here and well there is so much information. You really could spend a few days in DIY and still find things you didn't know or Heck I'm just now on mods. Having a place for peoples mistakes and how to solve them is great in my opinion and having it's own area helps alleviate the newbie (me) in going to page 93 of subpost 86 reply number 9000 and go oops wished id of seen that earlier.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What not to do: Touch a red hot Clapton coil with your bare fingertips. Aka: The Vapers Branding Iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What not to do: Touch a red hot Clapton coil with your bare fingertips. Aka: The Vapers Branding Iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still hurts.... And Im a vet! No longer how many times you've done something you still have to watch out.
-I think this is area is an awesome idea.
And don't use nickel on a mech mod or a subohm tank on a hybrid!!!!

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still hurts.... And Im a vet! No longer how many times you've done something you still have to watch out.
-I think this is area is an awesome idea.
And don't use nickel on a mech mod or a subohm tank on a hybrid!!!!
Haven't even gotten into mechanical mods yet. Probably answered in there but why not to use nickel on em? Is the resistance on wire too low or something? Just asking because I don't know. And don't have any mods yet but if I do get one information would help. Thanks

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't even gotten into mechanical mods yet. Probably answered in there but why not to use nickel on em? Is the resistance on wire too low or something? Just asking because I don't know. And don't have any mods yet but if I do get one information would help. Thanks
Yes, the resistance is too low. It is actually referred to as non-resistive and you can cause some major battery issues. If you're going mechanical learn ohms law and battery safety. You'll also want to stick with a resistive wire such as kanthal or nichrome.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a very good example of this threads INTENDED use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, the resistance is too low. It is actually referred to as non-resistive and you can cause some major battery issues. If you're going mechanical learn ohms law and battery safety. You'll also want to stick with a resistive wire such as kanthal or nichrome.
Thanks I definately would not have known that. Maybe after perusing the mech mods forum but very good as a don't do option.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^^ to go a step further, you don't want to use Nickel (Commonly seen as Ni200) or Titanium (Ti) in anything but a temperature control mode, you'll just heat them up and they'll be destroyed if used in power mode (which is all mechs do). SS is the only common dual purpose wire, though there is a new Kanthal TC mod out there (Hohm Wrecker G2). Nichrome (seen as Ni80) is another common power mode wire, just don't confuse it with strait Nickel.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^ to go a step further, you don't want to use Nickel (Commonly seen as Ni200) or Titanium (Ti) in anything but a temperature control mode, you'll just heat them up and they'll be destroyed if used in power mode (which is all mechs do). SS is the only common dual purpose wire, though there is a new Kanthal TC mod out there (Hohm Wrecker G2). Nichrome (seen as Ni80) is another common power mode wire, just don't confuse it with strait Nickel.
I have a coilmaster kit finally and wire on order gotta love how slow gearbest is but hey its cheap. So I can play just gotta ask why would someone use a mech mod anyway if they are so dangerous. Especially when regulated mods work well with rda and tanks.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I started vaping, there were ego batts and mechs, that was about it. The MVP v2 was a HUGE deal at that time, LOL.
that was my very first mod! and yes, it changed EVERYTHING!

I have a coilmaster kit finally and wire on order gotta love how slow gearbest is but hey its cheap. So I can play just gotta ask why would someone use a mech mod anyway if they are so dangerous. Especially when regulated mods work well with rda and tanks.
like Huck said back in the day that's what we had. There were mech mods or ego- or you could spend a whole lot of money on a 12w-15w regulated mod. I spent 70$ on a 12 w mvp and a clearomizer with a 1.8ohm coil. If you were a builder at all you had a mechanical mod and either genny or an rda. In most cases you were building at 1 ohm (on the wild side) and drilling out to 2mm diameter. ahhh the days
Now, when a lot of us are using mechs its really for the love of it. something about the battery, the atomizer and a switch that is just appealing not having wires or boards. Other than that, the technology has really made mechanical mods fit into a special group. I would not advise someone get into one, without really learning ohms law and how it applies to vaping and battery safety. with a mechanical mod, there are no safety systems in place other than you. If you build to low. bad things can happen.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Still have mine, still works, LOL. Button placement sucked, but I loved mine.
do you still have it?
I still have mine, battery is dead but, that's the mod that finally got me off the cigarettes.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cheap and pretty basically. Check out the Aesthetics area and you'll see some awesome patina's on brass/copper tube mods. They're also easy-ish to make so you'll see some cool wooden boxes with really nice finishes all custom to the creator. It's kind of a hobbyist thing at this point. If you know what you're doing they aren't dangerous, it's just that it's very easy to not know what you're doing and then they are. For tinkerers they're also fun to find the perfect coil to work just right.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I started vaping, there were ego batts and mechs, that was about it. The MVP v2 was a HUGE deal at that time, LOL.

vv3's were my first "real" mods, after the eRoll -- the eRoll definitely got me in the door, and I got all the way down to quitting... but even 3 wks use of it showed me all the deficits -- so I went straight to wattage-regulated; ended up with 3 vv3's -- now I have 3 CoolFire IV's! :D

Andria

VU Sponsors