Become a Patron!

Mavation X from Cottonman

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
Alright so I was looking for a cotton that wasn't rayon and was as good as the Drago cotton for flavor and lack of break in. I happened upon a video by Jai Haze describing this Mavation X and I got curious.

After reading reviews that stated that there is indeed little to no break in on this cotton, great flavor, and very high quality cotton, I decided to give it a try.

I just got it today. It is SO easy to work with. The only one that's easier is cotton bacon IME. So when I opened the giant pint jar I was amazed at just how much cotton was in there. For $28 I probably have a year's worth of cotton and I rewick way too often (changing builds, a dry hit from not squonking, etc). It's grown in North Carolina and here's a tidbit from there site that I feel is accurate:

"Growing cotton in Eastern NC region tends to produce a thicker cotton fiber. Thicker fiber withstands higher temperatures, ultimately providing the user a longer lasting wick."

So I over wicked it intentionally to see if I got that cottony taste. I definitely did and got basically no flavor from it. This is to be expected but with the Drago you can do that and it won't taste at all like cotton, just like nothing. I'm a little disappointed but not surprised at this.

I rewick it correctly and got very quick break in. I'm talking a few hits that are just a little off. Not unpleasant like with some japanese Cottons and not super cottony tasting just not as good as it is when fully broken in. This is the second shortest break in time I've experienced with Drago being number one.

So maybe like a few off hits and then stellar flavor. This stuff is very very good cotton. I have never felt such a high quality cotton before now. It is so soft feeling compared to any other cotton I've used. It feels like it's fresh off the plant. You hardly have to use any to successfully wick with it.

It's VERY easy to work with as well. The fibers are strong and run very long. It's easy to peel a piece off and you can use a very tiny piece and it doesn't break apart. It is EXTREMELY fluffy. Like four times as fluffy as any cotton I've used.

I like that it's organic and the natural pills have been removed. It's also super absorbant. Seems to have a good capillary action going on too. It's so fluffy and it kind of wants to stay that way. You have to work it a but to get it not super fluffed out like it is by default.

It's exactly what I was hoping for as an alternative to the Drago cotton. I like it more as I don't waste any with the way it comes in the jar (I cut a section off and threw it in a freezer bag). It's like one giant piece of very long fiber cotton. It's pretty cool looking the way it comes.

I mean yes I experience the slightest break in for a few hits but compared to every other cotton besides Drago it's really non existent. It's like a very mild difference in taste as opposed to a heavy cottony taste that IMO can taste the juice in your tank/squonk bottle from the break in period.

To put it another way the rayon break in that's also very mild to non existent is worse IMO in terms of taste and how long it lasts in comparison.

So yeah I'm VERY pleased with this stuff. I think it's the best cotton out there right now and I've tried all sorts of different ones. Cotton bacon (prime/V2), KGD, Muji, random japanese cotton brands, native wicks, etc. This stuff just feels so high quality and natural in comparison. Also for organic there's very little random seeds/colored bits in it. I'll post two pics. It's still VERY fluffy considering it was in a bag being smooshed by all my stuff.

I would highly suggest picking some up considering how much you get! Definitely get it from the cottonman site because it includes free first class shipping. The amount in pint jar is ridiculous. It's 25 grams of cotton! To give you an idea of how much that is I was getting 25 MILLIGRAMS of Drago for $8 plus $5 shipping.

So glad I tried this stuff. Best stuff I've used for sure.

https://ibb.co/hqfkx0
https://ibb.co/fvTuqL
https://ibb.co/bypdH0

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
hey man, you still using this stuff or did you go back to something else? ive been using Cotton Bacon v2/Prime almost exclusively for god, i cant even remember how long, since the stuff came out.... been wanting to try something else and have been fixed on this stuff because of Jai. just didnt want to pull the trigger since its a bit pricy compared to cotton bacon.

VU Sponsors