Become a Patron!

Matt from Suck My Mod thinks DIYers are selfish schmucks.

With the FDA Deeming Regulations upon us, Do you think it is selfish to stockpile supplies?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
guy sounds like an idiot regardless of the intent of his statement. I'm sure he makes some nice cash and free product from his fans, some of which he just insulted because they don't act and think like he does. I bet his trip to England that he mentions was partially/fully funded by your eyeballs on his videos.

Just unsubscribe from his channel!

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My comment on that video:
Matt I love ya bro but not all of us who DIY or stockpile are schmucks. You may be a schmuck if you don't lift a finger to do your part to support vaping advocacy and do little or nothing to further the cause. I take advocacy very seriously and have for a long time now. I have been vaping and have tried to be a good vape ambassador since 2009. Since the very beginning of my vape journey I have been proud to have finally kicked the habit so to speak and have converted literally dozens of people from smoking to vaping. I buy juice and hardware from various online and local vendors and have supported advocacy, but in the end I will not be the one left holding a cigarette in my formerly nicotine stained left hand. There is nothing wrong with being a little self sufficient weather it concerns vaping or self defense or being prepared for the worst in ANY situation. VAPE ON

Matt's reply:
Suck My Mod13 minutes ago
Yeah I wasn't trying to lump everyone into that category. I commented on this somewhere else here. It was pointed at the people who say they don't care what happens cause they diy and so they are covered. Wasn't pointed at all DIYers so I'm sorry it came off that way.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone. I just finished watching the latest SuckMyMod video entiteled

FDA ECIG REGS: Lawsuits, Legislation, Advocacy, Donations, & More!!

You can watch it here:

I am sitting here contemplating whether I should unsubscribe from his channel. The reason is because at presisely 12:45 minutes into the video he proceeded to call people who DIY selfish schmucks. Now before I get into this, lets look at the definition of a schmuck.

schmuck
SHmək/Submit
nounNORTH AMERICANinformal
a foolish or contemptible person.

A more definitive definition is "Schmuck", or "shmuck", in American English is a pejorative term meaning one who is stupid or foolish, or an obnoxious, contemptible or detestable person.

There are worse, more disgusting meanings for this word, but I will save that for another rant. So basically what Matt is saying is that we, as DIYrs are selfish and foolish because we have chosen to stop buying 25 to 30 dollar juice and make it ourselves. And selfish, because in his mind, we are not looking out for the people who still smoke. Now I'm going to speak only for myself here but I remember when I started smoking. I was 13 years old, living out in the country on a farm with my family. My Dad was always a smoker for as long as I could remember. One day, I decided to grab one of his cigarettes and see what this smoking thing was all about.

Now I remember that day as clear as yesterday and I don't remember anyone else being there to help me steal that cigarette from my fathers pack when he wasn't looking. I also don't remember anyone else being there throughout the next 30 years helping me buy all of those packs of Newport menthol, then Marlboro Reds, and finally, Pall Mall blue packs.

I don't remember there being a lot of people around when I took my Father to his Chemotherapy appointments and the subsequent crawling to the bathroom to vomit from the nausea that those treatments inevitably caused, as I held his head up, knowing that in 90 days he would be dead from stage 4 small cell lung cancer. And finally, I know for a fact that there was no one around but me and him when I said a prayer at his bedside the night that he passed away and promised myself that I would never smoke another cigarette as long as I lived.

Each one of us vapers has an individual memory of the day that we smoked our first cigarette. And we all have an individual, and amazing memory of the first day that we quit smoking forever, and embraced vaping. We might have had others offer us encouragement along the road to our quitting, but ultimately, in the end, we had to do it for ourselves because no one can do that part for us.

So why is Matt asking us as DIYers to shoulder the responsibility for everyone else who smokes? Why am I being called stupid and foolish for choosing to save thousands of dollars by making my own e liquid? When I first started vaping, e juice was running an average of 9 to 13 bucks for a 30 ml bottle of juice. That 30 ml bottle used to last me more than a month and I was fine with that because it was way cheaper than smoking. Then I started to see the price of e liquid slowly climb to 16 dollars, then 17 and 18 dollars. Now, in 2016, most e juice commands a price of 22 bucks for a 30 ml bottle. And with that, the nicotine percentages have gone down from 3.6 mg to 6 and 3 mg on average. And with the lower nicotine, people now vape more and more.

I have heard of people going through an entire bottle of juice in one day. That is astonishing to me as I still vape at 18 mg and a 30 ml bottle still lasts me close to a month. But for those who vape more than I do, 22 dollars a day is an expensive pill to swallow. And I don't think it takes a mathematician to figure that this a hell of a lot more expensive than smoking.

Now getting back to the subject at hand, and with all of the expensive e juice that is being peddled to us everyday, along with these deeming regulations, It is my opinion that it would be foolish to NOT at least start learning to DIY your own juice. And I will be damned if I am going to let some youtuber that profits with his own juice line define me as being selfish because I choose to make my own recipes and share them with this wonderful community. I am also not going to let anyone define me as being selfish if I choose to stock up on Nicotine and flavorings in light of what is going on and none of you should either.

No one helped any of you start smoking and in the end it was you yourself who had to quit. And in my opinion, all of the smokers that have come after you have to do it on their own as well. It is not your responsibility what anyone else does or does not do, and as long as we aren't hurting anyone in the process, who has the right to call you or me selfish if we choose to look out for ourselves? I see this entire youtuber vape famous thing starting to implode because once the glamour of vaping is gone, the youtubers will be gone as well. And like VaporJoe said, we will still be here at the vaping underground.

So with that being said, As DIYers, are you offended by Matt's comments in the video? Do you feel that a person who chooses not to get involved with the deeming regulations fight, and stockpiles supplies to mix his or her own juice is selfish? I want to know what you think.

God Bless each and every one of you.

I agree with you, and that fucker can kiss my ass. Nobody helped me find vaping, I did it myself! And I will provide FOR MYSELF, no matter what our asinine gov't takes it into their brainless heads to do about vaping! It's none of the gov't's business, and it's certainly none of that fat fuck's business what anyone else decides to do to make sure they can keep vaping! Nothing is stopping smokers from climbing on this bandwagon except their own ignorance and willingness to believe the fucking stupid media and evil Tobacco conTroll!

Andria

dmagicp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with you, and that fucker can kiss my ass. Nobody helped me find vaping, I did it myself! And I will provide FOR MYSELF, no matter what our asinine gov't takes it into their brainless heads to do about vaping! It's none of the gov't's business, and it's certainly none of that fat fuck's business what anyone else decides to do to make sure they can keep vaping! Nothing is stopping smokers from climbing on this bandwagon except their own ignorance and willingness to believe the fucking stupid media and evil Tobacco conTroll!

Andria
Woooo Sista! Tell it like it is!

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I think that Matt's video was aimed more toward the actual schmucks who are literally saying (in the comments on some of his advocacy videos) fuck fighting the government I will just DIY and hoard gear, whatever happens happens. (I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea). Whatever you may think about Matt or what he says on his channel one thing is true. United we stand, divided we fall.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think that Matt's video was aimed more toward the actual schmucks who are literally saying (in the comments on some of his advocacy videos) fuck fighting the government I will just DIY and hoard gear, whatever happens happens. (I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea). Whatever you may think about Matt or what he says on his channel one thing is true. United we stand, divided we fall.
I said that already and no one wanted to hear it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I agree, and I spend a LOT of time on Twitter, poking holes in as many specious statements about e-cigs as "public health" dares to float out, poking at the FDA, CDC, WHO, and any other morons and/or greedy grasping evil fucks. I'm a member of CASAA; I'm a donator to this forum because, as a webmaster myself, I know damn well that webhosting ain't free, certainly not on the scale this forum requires; I've written my congressman and senators and several other lawmakers. Will any of that do any good? I don't know, but I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY, I ain't giving up and I ain't backing down, and they will NOT stop me from vaping -- which is why I stockpile. There's a hashtag on Twitter, #KeepSmokingWeNeedTheMoney, but they ain't getting another red cent of MINE for sin taxes -- I don't smoke and I don't drink, so fuck 'em and the horse they rode up on -- along with anyone who dares to call me a schmuck for providing for my vaping future.

Andria

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
he and his gf/wife have a line of juices. i'm sure that plays a part in his interests.
its called Suck My Juice.
er...Convicted Vapes also has a line called TID
RubyRoo also has a line of eliquid. i saw hers on the BeyondVape website. Alot of these e juice reviewers have their own line out so of course they are trying everything possible to comply with the government.
at least Convicted Vapes say that they dont even care about regs and compliance and say F U to the FDA.

surprised GrimmGreen doesnt have a line.

As for me i'm just gonna ignore this whole FDA attempt to serve their lobbyist funders...aka Big Tobacco and Big Pharma.
Vegetable Glycerin is FDA approved.
Propylene Glycol is FDA approved.
Flavor concentrates FDA approved.
Liquid nicotine FDA approved.

therefore, this isnt an issue.
i dont wanna here any nonsense from the FDA that combining said ingredients needs FDA approval.
i dont think i need FDA approval every time i cook dinner, bake a cake, or make hard candy.
i'm mixing ingredients to make e juice.
i'm not mixing ingredients to make nitroglycerin like if my name was Alfred Nobel.
i'm a cook not a chemist.
my lab is my kitchen.
i'm trying to make something delicious in my kitchen, not something explosive like dynamite in a chemist's lab.
i dont need the government's approval to make a delicious consumable.

What the FDA is attempting, isnt gonna work. No one and i mean no one is gonna buy big tobacco/pharma made ejuice.
no one.
What they are trying, by eliminating big tobacco/pharma competition which are the e juice makers out there now...isnt gonna work.
and no matter what they say, the government assuming they can control vaping by regulation is a dream. A fantasy.
their mistake is that they assume what worked with cigarette smokers will work here with us.
For example, when the Altria tobacco company lobbied the FDA to ban flavored cigarettes to essentially eliminate their competition which were the foreign tobacco companies...it worked. Why? because the product(tobacco) is a distinct product that cant really be homemade...unless you have a good number of farm acres at your property lol.
this, unfortunately for the crooks in government, is soooooooooooooooooo very homemade friendly.
therefore we win, they lose.
we have 100% of the control.
they have none.
they have no one to blame but themselves. Since the mid 90s the government has been abusing and violating the consumer rights of smokers. All in the name of greed and none in the name of our health.
Their excuse for their high cig taxes was that it was to teach smokers a lesson and that it was for our own good.
that was their excuse but we know better.
it was simply to take advantage.
i remember when on Senator tried to pass a bill to outlaw tobacco altogether in his state.
And who made damn sure that bill was shot down and never turned to law?
if you guessed the anti-tobacco organizations.....you guessed right.
All these anti-tobacco orgs get their funding from cig tax revenue.
of course those folks working at these anti-tobacco/stop smoking orgs killed the bill.
point is....they used and abused and took advantage of smokers, people with an addiction, a vice....and continued taking advantage until they finally pushed smokers to the edge where they stopped smoking and found a new, tastier, healthier vice....and now the government has shot itself in the foot.
they just lost a ton of $ in taxes from the ex smokers either quitting entirely or switching to vaping. that is what the government gets for getting too greedy. they have no one to blame but themselves.

its all a bad joke. as for me.
i'm gonna sit back, relax, and laugh as i watch these regulation attempts blow up in the FDA's face.

oh yeah, anybody working for the FDA, in case you are reading this...
here's a little message from us vapers to you.
nYogYgSmIJaIo.gif

Last edited:

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
he and his gf/wife have a line of juices. i'm sure that plays a part in his interests.
RubyRoo also has a line of eliquid. i saw hers on the BeyondVape website. Alot of these e juice reviewers have their own line out so of course they are trying everything possible to comply with the government.
at least Convicted Vapes say that they dont even care about regs and compliance and say F U to the FDA.

He does, or at least I believe he stills has a stake in it. Namber juice. It was a play on his name, Nick, and his (now) ex-wife Amber. Wasn't impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

As for me i'm just gonna ignore this whole FDA attempt to serve their lobbyist funders...aka Big Tobacco and Big Pharma.
Vegetable Glycerin is FDA approved.
Propylene Glycol is FDA approved.
Flavor concentrates FDA approved.
Liquid nicotine FDA approved.

therefore, this isnt an issue.
i dont wanna here any nonsense from the FDA that combining said ingredients needs FDA approval.
i dont think i need FDA approval every time i cook dinner, bake a cake, or make hard candy.
i'm mixing ingredients to make e juice.
i'm not mixing ingredients to make nitroglycerin like if my name was Alfred Nobel.
i'm a cook not a chemist.
my lab is my kitchen.
i'm trying to make something delicious in my kitchen, not something explosive like dynamite in a chemist's lab.
i dont need the government's approval to make a delicious liquid.

What the FDA is attempting, isnt gonna work. No one and i mean no one is gonna buy big tobacco/pharma made ejuice.
no one.
What they are trying, by eliminating big tobacco/pharma competition which are the e juice makers out there now...isnt gonna work.
and no matter what they say, the government assuming they can control vaping by regulation is a dream. A fantasy.
their mistake is that they assume what worked with cigarette smokers will work here with us.
For example, when the Altria tobacco company lobbied the FDA to ban flavored cigarettes to essentially eliminate their competition which were the foreign tobacco companies...it worked. Why? because the product(tobacco) is a distinct product that cant really be homemade...unless you have a good number of farm acres at your property lol.
this, unfortunately for the crooks in government, is soooooooooooooooooo very homemade friendly.
therefore we win, they lose.
we have 100% of the control.
they have none.
they have no one to blame but themselves. Since the mid 90s the government has been abusing and violating the consumer rights of smokers. All in the name of greed and none in the name of our health.
Their excuse for their high cig taxes was that it was to teach smokers a lesson and that it was for our own good.
that was their excuse but we know better.
it was simply to take advantage.
i remember when on Senator tried to pass a bill to outlaw tobacco altogether in his state.
And who made damn sure that bill was shot down and never turned to law?
if you guessed the anti-tobacco organizations.....you guessed right.
All these anti-tobacco orgs get their funding from cig tax revenue.
of course those folks working at these anti-tobacco/stop smoking orgs killed the bill.
point is....they used and abused and took advantage of smokers, people with an addiction, a vice....and continued taking advantage until they finally pushed smokers to the edge where they stopped smoking and found a new, tastier, healthier vice....and now the government has shot itself in the foot.
they just lost a ton of $ in taxes from the ex smokers either quitting entirely or switching to vaping. that is what the government gets for getting too greedy. they have no one to blame but themselves.

its all a bad joke. as for me.
i'm gonna sit back, relax, and laugh as i watch these regulation attempts blow up in the FDA's face.

oh yeah, anybody working for the FDA, in case you are reading this...
here's a little message from us vapers to you.
nYogYgSmIJaIo.gif

Great post. You'll fit in nicely around here. :) I agree with every word... and FUCK THE FDA. Fucking evil greedy IDIOTS.

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great post. You'll fit in nicely around here. :) I agree with every word... and FUCK THE FDA. Fucking evil greedy IDIOTS.

Andria
Yep, I have more than enough for myself and will continue to do what I can to get people off of tobacco. I smoked pack and a half half for over 36 years, they're getting nothing from me and will do what I can to help others do the same. Government is an evil parasite the FDA along with our elections have proved this among other things.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors