Become a Patron!

Mama J's - Order #1

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my first of 2 separate orders today. Had placed this order on Friday and it arrived today. The supervisor at work was being much more of an annoying hyperactive ass then usual, so left early and got the mail.

Anyway, closely looked at the package, sniffing it from different areas, just to make sure it didn't 'arrive stinking'. All I could smell was a faint scent of the stuff inside, and it was a different scent from different areas. The pink envelope was sealed securely with no holes or dirt at all (the writing on the back was from the post office). Felt all over the package and no sign of residue from anything nor wetness.
front.JPG
back.JPG

_line1000.jpg

Opening it up, out came 3 heat sealed bags of stuff. I must say that I do appreciate the heat sealing. Zip-lock bags can come undone easily. These heat sealed bags seemed airtight (although I didn't think to test) so would probably prevent a mess if a bottle broke.
inside 1.JPG

_line1000.jpg

Opening up the 3 larger bags, I found the juices contained in smaller heat sealed bags as well for double protection. There was only 1 bag that had two different flavors in it and the rest were a single flavor per bag. I had ordered 15ml of many flavors but they were out of stock of the 15ml bottles, so sent it was sent as a 10ml and a 5ml bottle in one bag so the order didn't get delayed. Had gotten a message on my account at mamaj's about this as well (sorry for not responding with a thank you or other type of acknowledgement). I appreciate this even more, other places would make the shipment wait for the larger bottles to come in stock, if they even let you order the larger size at all. Businesses used to substitute like this all the time, but not anymore. Nowadays you either have to wait or pay more for several smaller bottles. Looking closely at all the bags, there was no moisture inside any of them, no leaking, and they were sealed tightly.
inside 2.JPG

_line1000.jpg

Opened up all the bags. All the bottle caps were tightly secured and the bottles completely dry. No sign of moisture damage to the labels, no sign of any leaks. Opened each one to take a sniff and noticed a bit of a hiss sound the first time. Turned one upside down and opened it slowly a little bit and noticed air bubbles going into the bottle. The bottles were packaged with a negative air pressure inside of them. I thought it was a nice touch, but I don't know if it was done on purpose, or just caused by temperature differences between mamaj and my house. But, the negative pressure helps prevent any leaks in case a lid starts to come loose, plus, since we probably all open bottles to sniff them when they arrive, it will prevent any juice from building in the tip and squirting out when first opened. While smelling all the flavors, I didn't notice any perfume or soapy scent from any of them. Every bottle smelled exactly like the flavor it was supposed to smell like. The top two rows are things that I ordered, the bottom 3 bottles were freebies. Ordered 10 flavors (a lot of bottles due to the 10ml + 5ml instead of single 15ml) and got 3 bottles free. I think that is pretty generous. And one of the freebies (peppermint mocha) will probably be one of the first flavors I try, it smells wonderful.

bottles.JPG

_line1000.jpg

Overall, loved shopping at mamaj's.
Thank you very much for excellent service and quality.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you did NOT get the smell of dead fish/shark?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope, nothing but the pleasant smell of fruits on one side, and a light buttery/custard smell on the other side.

Just whipped up some of the Peppermint Mocha Tiramasu. It tastes wonderful.
Game Over Custard is next. Recommended usage is 14%. Think I'll start with 10% though

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And all your orders from them will be like this, I promise. They're consistently awesome. :)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe it.
I actually only ordered after (and due to) reading the comments in the 'flavors arrived stinking' thread then the 'mama j how dare you' thread.
The first thread had me considering it, then the 2nd thread convinced me to give it a try.

yum yum. game Over Custard is great, using 13%. what next, what next.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didnt get a pink package with my order...i dont feel like a special customer anymore...*pouts

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, I've never gotten "freebies"......LOL!
Man up, Mike! :p:p

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mine arrived EXACTLY the same way! Bags sealed within bags. Bottles all tightly closed, clearly labeled sitting side by side. Smelling faintly of your typical vape shop......Truly awful!

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe it.
I actually only ordered after (and due to) reading the comments in the 'flavors arrived stinking' thread then the 'mama j how dare you' thread.
The first thread had me considering it, then the 2nd thread convinced me to give it a try.
yum yum. game Over Custard is great, using 13%. what next, what next.

I was looking for a place to order some flavors for my first time DIY and that thread also had me ordering from MamaJ!
My dozen or so bottles should be in my hands tomorrow!
....So will I get Pink Bubblewrap bag or free trial flavor....
Prolly just a reciept :( :p

For my 1st order - I ordered 10 FA flavours on the 20th April and they got here (Australia) 4th May (14 days) - all bottles were sealed in their own bags and packed inside other bags in groups. No leaks, nothing damaged. I ordered 10 bottles and that is what I got. No strange smells on any bottles - the only strange smell was the Pink Envelope itself after all bottles were removed, but otherwise no problems at all.

Will be back for more when stock is back up again with the flavours I need - Thanks.

VU Sponsors