Become a Patron!

Mama Js Cherry Pie

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
here we go again :) I was thinking I may as well share this also since I shared GOCbecause if you have the flavors for GOC you are just 4 away from having Mama Js Cherry Pie. though sme of the flavors may be similar they both taste very different. this is more like taking a big bite out of the middle, thick sweet gooey cherry flavor hits you with undertones of crust coming up in the back end. I like to let this one sit for 3 or 4 days for everything to blend since its such a heavy dose of everything but there is nothing wrong with getting a little sample and vaping it right away.

cherry pie :
2% Apple Pie (FA)
1% Brandy (FA)
1% Brown Sugar Extra (TFA)
3% Cherry (FA)
1.5% Graham Cracker (Clear) (TFA)
1.5% Graham Cracker (FW)
1.5% Wisnia Cherry (INAWERA)

How is this without the brandy? I have Jamaican rum if I could sub that or just mix without the brandy. What do you think?

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wllmc I didn't like this off the bat but thought about it being so close to GOC and how I could only vape it a day before it was overwhelming.... I was vaping it right after GOC in my rotation and it was to soon. I now vape GOC then something else then this and all is good, cherry pops and so does the rest of the pie. Again only for one full day for me then I need to move on to another flavor. But I always come back:D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
How is this without the brandy? I have Jamaican rum if I could sub that or just mix without the brandy. What do you think?

The brandy is pretty critical. It helps give the canned cherry type flavor with the 2 cherry combo. I'm sure though for the sake of science it would be ok :) give it whirl if it's not working out stash it till you get some brandy someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The brandy is pretty critical. It helps give the canned cherry type flavor with the 2 cherry combo. I'm sure though for the sake of science it would be ok :) give it whirl if it's not working out stash it till you get some brandy someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok will give it a go. Wasn't sure if it was in there to give it a boozy effect.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wllmc I didn't like this off the bat ...

Ditto... Not because of the fine recipe, but solely because of my personal taste. Unlike many others, I'm not a big fanboy of what I call that "baked butter" (BB) taste. (Think INW Biscuit butter notes)

I made 2 different batches. One following the recipe and one substituting Lotus White Cherry (@ 2.5%) for the FA Cherry. I sampled both the day after knockout (7-8-17) and both had big time BB flavor. The original recipe had a larger cherry flavor.

Now, 10 days later, the BB has faded around 60% and I find both batches very pleasurable. The pie crust remains quite noticeable and it seems cherry notes in both batches has increased and to be about equal. It's tough to decide which batch I like better. Maybe more time will tell.

Ron
---
Of doctors and medicines we have in plenty more than enough... ===== what you may, for the Love of God, send is some large quantity of beer. === Dispatch from the Colony, New South Wales, 1854

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ditto... Not because of the fine recipe, but solely because of my personal taste. Unlike many others, I'm not a big fanboy of what I call that "baked butter" (BB) taste. (Think INW Biscuit butter notes)

I made 2 different batches. One following the recipe and one substituting Lotus White Cherry (@ 2.5%) for the FA Cherry. I sampled both the day after knockout (7-8-17) and both had big time BB flavor. The original recipe had a larger cherry flavor.

Now, 10 days later, the BB has faded around 60% and I find both batches very pleasurable. The pie crust remains quite noticeable and it seems cherry notes in both batches has increased and to be about equal. It's tough to decide which batch I like better. Maybe more time will tell.

Ron
---
Of doctors and medicines we have in plenty more than enough... ===== what you may, for the Love of God, send is some large quantity of beer. === Dispatch from the Colony, New South Wales, 1854
man IDK if its VU or my internet tonight but I think I hit like nd unlike about 50 times lol.. I need to try that cherry already. for me this is more of a super sweet treat vape especially full stregth I agree everything about it is pretty powerful. after some time everything chills out a bit. .. have you tried any of the other lotus ones since the cherry?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
... have you tried any of the other lotus ones since the cherry?

Not yet. Reading the reviews here:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/what-do-you-think-of-lotus-flavorings-so-far.165977/
...coupled with the cost, gives me pause.

While I do enjoy the cherry as a single flavor, (and bought more when it was on sale) the jury is still out for me on how well it plays with others. Other than the pie, I have only tried it mixed with some FA Brandy. While the cherry does not go medicinal, the fine flavor attributes do get muted a bit in a mix. No problem here...I can vape it as a single flavor all day long.

Ron
---
"There's only two people in your life you should lie to... the police and your girlfriend."- Jack Nicholson

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
White Cherries (AKA Rainier Cherry)

According to what I've read about them they're actually considered a yellow variety.
Supposedly yellow is less attracting to birds than red, lol.
But maybe different climates affect the color IDK.
My tree I planted a few years back produces mostly yellow fruit with some hints of red.
Still have to buy them occasionally cause the birds get them before I do and I'm too lazy to net them.
Crazy expensive but the Rainier is certainly the best tasting Cherry I've ever consumed.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to what I've read about them they're actually considered a yellow variety.
Supposedly yellow is less attracting to birds than red, lol.
But maybe different climates affect the color IDK.
My tree I planted a few years back produces mostly yellow fruit with some hints of red.
Still have to buy them occasionally cause the birds get them before I do and I'm too lazy to net them.
Crazy expensive but the Rainier is certainly the best tasting Cherry I've ever consumed.
I just polished off a bowl - agreed.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
+

I agree. Best fresh eating cherries I've ever had. (Even @ $4.99 a lb. here)
To the chagrin of many local flying insects; I've also found spitting the pits of the Rainier cherry far more accurate than a normal Bing cherry. YMMV

Ron
---
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ahhh, this shit is pretty good after a good 10-day steep. Nice cherry light-syrupy, just right, just a hint of brandy. Been vaping it all evening :ejuice:

Well done!

Will not say what I thought of it after a mere 24 hours :teehee:

bah

Member For 2 Years
Anyone used capella or tfa graham cracker instead of FW, cant find any FW flavors near where I live? Should work with both I think or any recommendations?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone used capella or tfa graham cracker instead of FW, cant find any FW flavors near where I live? Should work with both I think or any recommendations?

Can't speak for Wll, but I remember him posting that FW Graham is essential and it will not come out right with substitute brands

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Can't speak for Wll, but I remember him posting that FW Graham is essential and it will not come out right with substitute brands
When I first made GOC, I simply used 3% TFA Graham Cracker Clear. It was noticeably better when I obtained all the correct ingredients. :D I am sure that the same thing applies here as many ingredients are the same for Cherry Pie.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
When I first made GOC, I simply used 3% TFA Graham Cracker Clear. It was noticeably better when I obtained all the correct ingredients. :D I am sure that the same thing applies here as many ingredients are the same for Cherry Pie.
they flavor west does play a big role but if if have no choice then double like Jim or work with what you can :)

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wllmc had 100ml of this I made up on 12/1 and hit it for the new year. Man I liked this before but I can tell you for me it gets way better with age! Thanks for the great new year!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wllmc had 100ml of this I made up on 12/1 and hit it for the new year. Man I liked this before but I can tell you for me it gets way better with age! Thanks for the great new year!

I agree - if left to sit a long while, loses any trace of cloying sweetness and a terrific smooth cherry all the way

Howdy! I am new to the forum, haven't even introduced myself or anything..... this recipe definitely caught my eye though, and I've now got all the flavors listed for it. My question is, do you mix this at a full 11% ??? With 3 FA flavors, I was wondering if I should start much lower.
I appreciate any thoughts on this, and yeah, I know it's a bit of an older thread, but I've been perusing this forum now for weeks. LOL
Thanks folks! I know I'm really gonna love it here.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Howdy! I am new to the forum, haven't even introduced myself or anything..... this recipe definitely caught my eye though, and I've now got all the flavors listed for it. My question is, do you mix this at a full 11% ??? With 3 FA flavors, I was wondering if I should start much lower.
I appreciate any thoughts on this, and yeah, I know it's a bit of an older thread, but I've been perusing this forum now for weeks. LOL

Welcome :wave:

As wllmc is a mixing rock star - I'd do it his way first - but that is just me - your own past mixing experience counts also

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hi I'd say try it and let it steep. One thing to remeber is that all the re ipes you see labeled mama js recipes were originally one shots so they could be mixed at any desired ratio. This one is pretty strong so I tend to advise a steep. The amount of people who like it at 11 percent is about equal to those who liked to use it at 6 percent. If it's to much just cut it with half base fluid and all should be well.... welcome to VU!

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

Hi I'd say try it and let it steep. One thing to remeber is that all the re ipes you see labeled mama js recipes were originally one shots so they could be mixed at any desired ratio. This one is pretty strong so I tend to advise a steep. The amount of people who like it at 11 percent is about equal to those who liked to use it at 6 percent. If it's to much just cut it with half base fluid and all should be well.... welcome to VU!

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.
Thanks so much wllmc! I appreciate the reply. I brewed it up, and will let it steep a while. Smells absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to sample your wizardry here!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wow this is just delicious. Mixed it up last week, and I got to say its the best cherry recipe I have tried. Love it, thank you for sharing!!
Awesome! Glad you like it :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow this is just delicious. Mixed it up last week, and I got to say its the best cherry recipe I have tried. Love it, thank you for sharing!!

This stuff really shines after a good six week steep - any sharp edges in the taste just disappear

VU Sponsors