Become a Patron!

Malfunctioning Crown III?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using this Atty for a long time. Last night on SX550J device. 510, tiny buzz screen="Low Battery" no Vapor.
Today tried DNA250C with 3 cell Lipo. Battery fully charged. Push fire, battery Icon starts flashing(sag) no Vapor.

So, obviously this is the Atty. I put in a new coil. No go. What can be wrong. Yes, doing this many years but puzzled not a joke here. I have no clue what is wrong unless just busted. I mean on a RDTA I know it is the build but you do not build this one! Any help much appreciated. Thank you

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I am confused. I currently have about 70 devices. Works fine on some, no go on others. Not sure it is the atty now, or I have multiple bad devices! If that is the case really sad. I am not competent enough in this area to know what is going on. Any help much appreciated! I guess first step is to try other atty's on devices not working with the Crown?

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Check the 510 pin on the bottom of the Crown. It should be sticking out of the base about 1mm.
Also, unscrew the airflow section and look at the gold colored plate inside. The end of the 510 should be flush with the plate.
Also make sure the 2 tabs on the plate aren't bent down.
About the only things I can think of.
I have a few Crown 3's and have not had a problem.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you Pastor. It is working on devices it previously did not now. Weird. The pin on inside is about .05mm below plate. However on pin side(510) it sticks out only about .5mm from threaded base. I cannot move it. Either by pushing inside or pulling outside. This is very odd. Wait! Just stopped! Sonofabitch!

One very expensive device is apparently dead regardless as of now. Luckily great warranty support. I would ask for your prayer but I take it you are not that type of clergyman lol.

Time to purchase more gear lol. For atty thinking about Falcon.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The only other thing I can think of is maybe you got a bad batch of coils. Are the ones you have Authentic?
And NO, I am not a Pastor! As a matter of fact, I would probably catch on fire if I walked into a church!

VU Sponsors