Become a Patron!

making whipped cream with FA

cjcaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
seems to me I read somewhere that combining some FA creams makes a nice whipped cream. anybody have any ideas on this?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
FA flavors sure can give you whipped cream, but what you need to use for that will vary depending on other flavorings in your recipe. The higher your VG/PG ratio, the better the effect (just feels fuller with higher VG). The cleaner your nic, the better the effect. Any sting or peppery flavor from nic will interfere with the smoothness and subtle flavor of any cream flavors, not just FA.

You'll always need Fresh Cream. If your other flavors are very sweet, that's all you'll need. Try 3% FA Pineapple plus 1% Fresh Cream for a powerful example of this.

If it's a fruity recipe that isn't already very sweet, use Fresh Cream plus Meringue in about a 2:1 ratio. Add 1% Fresh Cream + .5 Meringue or .5 Fresh Cream + .25 Meringue. With some fruits, it can go to a 1:1 ratio.

If your other flavors are very dark, bold, powerful - especially if they're bakery or coffee flavors - then you'll want Fresh Cream plus Vienna Cream. I usually settle on a 2:1 ratio with this, sometimes 1:1. The percentages involved here also tend to be 1% or less.

If there's not much sweetness in the other flavors, you might have to get more creative. Fresh Cream will always be in there, but the sweetness might come from any combination of FA Meringue, Vienna Cream, Catalan Cream, other sweet FA flavors, and a few sweets from other brands that can have their non-cream-like aspects disguised or covered with other ingredients in your recipe. That can take some experimentation. You'll see seemingly odd flavorings serving that purpose in quite a few of my recipes.

I can tell you this with confidence: no matter what your recipe, you can add whipped cream to it (and without using ingredients with diacetyl/subs); they'll almost always start with some FA Fresh Cream.

cjcaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks. added some FA fresh cream to FA pomegranate and really liked the difference it made. I'm going try adding some FA raspberry to up the tartness a bit but definitely loved the fresh cream

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those are 2 very strong flavors. I bet the Fresh Cream worked wonders on them. Thanks, cj.

VU Sponsors