Become a Patron!

Making DIY e-juice with "sugar lips" effect

I've only just started DIY for about 2 months now and did my first batch test - one particular ejuice I made was quite harsh but added some smoother too it and I think it made the taste a bit bland, whilst removing the harsh hit.

Anyway, I love my ejuices to be immensely sweet. Some premium ejuices have that "sugar lips" effect, where you can just taste the flavour or sugar on your lips without spitback. I want to try and replicate this without messing up my DIY ejuice. I've put in CAP super sweet in but I think it also made it more bland so I'm struggling with tasting my flavour (Sparkling wine, shisha raspberry and double watermelon).

How do I make this flavour and other ejuices super sweet without killing the overall flavour? Is it just adding up the % of flav concs? If so, I've heard overpowering your ejuice can kill flavour too - so what is the resolution 'cause I really feel disheartened that my flavour didn't come out super sweet and tasty!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Using too much sweetener, or even flavoring, can mute a juice. If that's not the case, you could try marshmallow or meringue as a sweetener, instead. Just use low percentages so that the flavor doesn't take over your intended mix.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only just started DIY for about 2 months now and did my first batch test - one particular ejuice I made was quite harsh but added some smoother too it and I think it made the taste a bit bland, whilst removing the harsh hit.

Anyway, I love my ejuices to be immensely sweet. Some premium ejuices have that "sugar lips" effect, where you can just taste the flavour or sugar on your lips without spitback. I want to try and replicate this without messing up my DIY ejuice. I've put in CAP super sweet in but I think it also made it more bland so I'm struggling with tasting my flavour (Sparkling wine, shisha raspberry and double watermelon).

How do I make this flavour and other ejuices super sweet without killing the overall flavour? Is it just adding up the % of flav concs? If so, I've heard overpowering your ejuice can kill flavour too - so what is the resolution 'cause I really feel disheartened that my flavour didn't come out super sweet and tasty!

I like sweet juice as well, but not at the same level as you. I've tried the marshmallows, sweet creams and all of the different sweeteners. What I've found works great is Cap Super Sweet. I'll use it from .25% to .5%. The range will depend on what is in the juice. At those levels it gives a great sweet taste without much muting. I'll try the recipe without and with it, so I've got a good idea of what the difference is. It also doesn't gunk up my coils at that level, not anymore than some flavors will. I have tried it as high as 1.5% but it was sickly sweet to me, but it may be what you're looking for.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Purlium meringue has a nice sugar lips effect.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like sweet juice as well, but not at the same level as you. I've tried the marshmallows, sweet creams and all of the different sweeteners. What I've found works great is Cap Super Sweet. I'll use it from .25% to .5%. The range will depend on what is in the juice. At those levels it gives a great sweet taste without much muting. I'll try the recipe without and with it, so I've got a good idea of what the difference is. It also doesn't gunk up my coils at that level, not anymore than some flavors will. I have tried it as high as 1.5% but it was sickly sweet to me, but it may be what you're looking for.
I just got some super sweet. Stuff is strong as hell. I used it the same as tfa sweetener in a mix. Holy crap did I get a blast of sweetness. Its way stronger than any sweetener Ive tried. Ive since learned how to use it a bit better.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got some super sweet. Stuff is strong as hell. I used it the same as tfa sweetener in a mix. Holy crap did I get a blast of sweetness. Its way stronger than any sweetener Ive tried. Ive since learned how to use it a bit better.

And it'll vary depending on the ingredients you use. I've found that using it around .25 - .40 I still get the flavor of the juice along with the sweetness.

Capella Super Sweet does this LARGE and is pretty powerful, even if you like sweet a LOT you likely won't need much. For me it seems to mix together/smooth out and mute all the flavors I'm working with a lot, even at really low doses, then sweetens the result a bunch, but it has HUGE "sweet lips," mouth full of sugar after a puff.

VU Sponsors