Become a Patron!

Making 1L (32oz) batch of ejuices? Bad Idea?

I have recipes I like and was thinking of making bigger batches to let them steep and have them ready when I need them.

they would be stored in the dark, in an air conditioned room in amber glass bottles with Phenolic Caps (polycone caps).

I guess my question is, should I be concerned about flavors going flat or the nicotine oxidizing on me while they're stored?

I know as time goes on when they're opened to extract to smaller bottles, air will get inside and cause oxidation

I'm just concerned about the loss of flavoring/taste over time

The recipes are mostly fruit based and not creams. I know fruits usually tend to fade as time goes on

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've seen some people say that they do make large batches, I've never made more than a 120ml for myself. The ones I usually make end up tasting way too sweet if they sit for too long, but they're more like bakery flavors. Fruit flavors might hold up better, unless it's one of those known to fade.

I have 3 or 4 brands of lemon flavor, and none of them react the same, lol.

So what's the largest size batch you've mixed and had success with? How long did it last?

I've seen some people say that they do make large batches, I've never made more than a 120ml for myself. The ones I usually make end up tasting way too sweet if they sit for too long, but they're more like bakery flavors. Fruit flavors might hold up better, unless it's one of those known to fade.

I have 3 or 4 brands of lemon flavor, and none of them react the same, lol.

So what's the largest size batch you've mixed and had success with? How long did it last?

Im not really concerned about them getting sweet

i was just thinking, I know its okay to leave nic in the freezer but its not okay to leave juice in the fridge since apparently that doesn't help its longevity and just damages the flavorings

Least that's what i've read

I just dont want to keep mixing 240ml when I run out and just have something steeped and ready to go

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, if you don't have any problems with flavor loss as you vape that, then it might turn out fine. I'd probably feel more comfortable with a fruit flavor like you mentioned, than the stuff I usually vape. Only one way to find out :)

For science! :D

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/51670

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/51363

What If i make the base?

VG,PG, and flavoring.

Then add the nic when i transfer it to smaller bottles?

That'd prevent nicotine oxidation

But would flavor go flat over time stored in the bigger bottles?
I don’t think the flavors would fade while stored in the bigger bottles.

But how long does it take for you to vape 1 liter? As long as it is used & not stored indefinitely I would say it’s fine either way. But yes a base without nic in your case as it’s fruits should be fine.

While I haven’t made such large batches, I’ve read that people do with no adverse effects.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is only one flavor I make in that large a quantity but it is FLAVORLESS.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I first started mixing, back about 4 years ago, I went nuts making every recipe I thought sounded good. Resulting in a zillion bottles of stuff that never got vaped. Well, a little bit of each, but one person can only vape so much, you know? I recently (earlier this summer) went through my juice shelf and weeded out all the bottles I didn't think I'd ever get around to vaping, and most of them are 3 or 4 years old now. I gave the higher nic ones to my husband, because I've weaned myself down to 1mg nic now, but all the zero-nic stuff I went ahead and kept, because I tried a few of them, and they're delicious! Bakery, fruit, custard, you name it.

Mine are all in smaller 60 to 120 ml bottles, not liters, but they've been just sitting in my kitchen pantry, and we have no air conditioning, so they get warm, but they still taste great. I didn't try the ones with the higher nic, and they were darker to be sure, but hubby says they still taste great and has had me making replacements for him as he finishes each bottle.

So I say, go for it! You should be able to vape a liter of juice within 4 years, right? But if it's going to take that long, or close to it, I like your idea of adding the nic when you put it in the smaller dispensing bottles. All my zero-nic juices taste as good as the day I made them. Better, in fact, because they've had a good long time to age. ;)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For my always in the rotation juices what I do is make a one shot. Then I just mix it up with my base as needed. For example say the flavor total for the recipe is 10%, you would add what would equal 10% to your base from your one shot. Let it age a bit after mixing and away you go. You only need to fish out the individual flavors for the recipe when you need to refresh your one shot bottle. ELR has a handy one shot calculator for your recipes.

If you vape a lot of your favorite recipes go ahead and mix a liter, like @Huckleberried said for science! :giggle:

sr20vet

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I mix a liter at a time which a month supply between my wife and I. However I add nic only when I fill our bottles for the week.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For my always in the rotation juices what I do is make a one shot.

I do the same. What a time saver that is! :) Some of my "creations" are combinations of different recipes and have a lot of flavors, so mixing as a one-shot takes a fraction of the time compared to measuring out each individual flavor. I can make a bottle of juice in 60 seconds. :bliss:

VU Sponsors