Become a Patron!

Magnets falling out

I have bought two devices from wismec/ijoye and in both cases the magnets have fallen out in a very short time... is this common with devices that use magnets for the battery doors. This is really getting annoying that the things break so quickly. I'm looking for a single 18650 battery mod that doesn't use magnets to hold the battery door on ... any suggestions.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes the magnets are stronger than the glue holding them. A new dab of super glue can be a fix.

Eleaf Pico, Vapor Flask Lite

Welcome to VU

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No point replacing the mod just because a magnet popes off.
Glue it back in with super glue, just make sure it's with the correct orientation or you'll get the cover to fly off instead of sticking.

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
had the same issue on my koopoer plus, but they popped out when i dropped it on concrete repeatedly super glue works

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
but to actually answer your question
the IPV d3 is a solid single 18650 device with no magnets

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i use the gorilla glue brand super glue and it worked great in my koopor plus

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The gorilla brand super glue is great and I highly recommend it.

But, just like painting, the surface preparation matters more than the glue brand. Clean both surfaces thoroughly with soap and water then dry. Then use some rubbing alcohol on both surfaces then dry. At that point do the gluing.

If you don't prepare the surface well then no glue will work. This might be why the magnets came out in the first place.

Chris

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
good tip
i didnt have the need to go through all that but if theres dirt or any thing in the way or oil or residues stoppingthe glue from bonding you SOL no matter what glue you use

excellent reslpsa

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Had the same issue with my rx200s after a week of owning it. Super glued the magnet back and it's been fine ever since. My evic vtc also had the magnet pop out. But after 6 months of regular use. I did the same, super glued it back in. It's been good ever since. I think the magnets are stronger than the glue they use, like previously stated. Good luck and hope it works for you. Not a big deal. Simple fix.

VU Sponsors