Become a Patron!

Madecat_Vapes Review : Vsticking VK530 Kit

madecat_vapes

Member For 4 Years
Hello VU! Today I am reviewing for you the Vsticking VK530 Kit! Another newcomer to the vape scene, Vsticking, and being a branch vape brand of YiHi have released an SX-styled device seemingly prepared to satiate lower-budget vapors with an SX Mini appetite. All hail the King, or stick it to the King? Read below for my evaluation.

I have had the VK530 Kit for 3 weeks now and feel I can give a fair assessment of its quality.

This device was sent to me from Vsticking for the purpose of a review.

VK530 Mod Specs
Dimensions: 92.5mm x 48.3mm x 34.6mm
Powered by YiHi SX530 chip
TFT IPS HD Screen
Output power: 5W-200W
Output voltage: 1.0V-8.0V
Replaceable dual 18650 batteries
Firmware update/ charging via USB cable
Temp control. Anti-dry burning tech
Temp. control with SS316L/ Ni200/ Ti 01/ SX Pure/ Manual TCR
Flavor mode: Soft Standard Powerful Powerful+ and SXi-Q-S1
New innovative tech.: SXi-Q control system--customize your own taste
Customize your own wallpaper; Connected the SXi driver
5-10 wallpapers can be customized for this machine
Output joule: 10J-120J. 212-572℉/100-300℃
Standard resistance: 0.15ohm-3.0ohm
Joule mode resistance: 0.05ohm-1.5ohm
TCR value: 0.00050-0.00700
Low Voltage & Resistance protection. High Input Voltage protection. Temp overheat protection. Output Short Circuit protection. Reverse Battery protection.​

Vmesh Tank Specs
Dimensions: 45.75mm x 27mm
Material: Stainless Steel
Capacity: 4mL
Coils: Mesh Ni80-0.1ohm / Mesh Kanthal-0.2ohm
Screw-off Top Fill
510 threading
510 Resin Drip Tip​

Current Color Options
1-1Q015144610415.jpg

Contents
VK530 Mod
Vmesh Tank
Extra Mesh coil
Spare Glass
Micro USB Cable
User Manual
Warranty Card
Gift Box​

Operation
5 click fire button on
3 click fire button lock/unlock
5 click fire button to enter Menu
System Off
Adjust Date Time
Adjust Temp
Adjust Unit
Select Coil
Setting TCR
Compensate Temp
Standby Time
Brightness
Wallpaper Select
Exit

Right on Joystick to change "Flavor Profile"
Left on Joystick to change Memory profile
Hold Left on Joystick for 3 seconds to enter Novice Mode (limited to Power Mode only)
Down on Joystick for 10 seconds to enter/exit Bypass Mode
Push In on Joystick to enter adjusting parameters (wattage/joules/temperature)
While in Temp Mode - Hold in on Joystick to Reset Resistance​

Pics
Instaglam1
76gltkp.jpg

Instaglam2
YSDj1D7.jpg

Instaglam3
9r43ScA.jpg

Contents
O4Qacuf.jpg

VK530
dRMlAPw.jpg

K1u3tl4.jpg

Back
lyjHZ98.jpg

Battery Latch
lKuI7ML.jpg

Battery Tray
91tmM2C.jpg

Screen
X2yS29b.jpg

Handcheck
EuQQko0.jpg

Vmesh
nllJWGi.jpg

Drip Tip
fCWMlRl.jpg

Fill Port
X2pSwXW.jpg

madecat_vapes

Member For 4 Years
VK530 Kit
It's undeniable that there are at least some design elements incorporated into the VK530 which bear resemblance to the SX Mini G-Class. Granted, the G-Class looks way more high-end than the VK530, and the similarities are likely tied to the YiHi chipset. However, the VK530 is quite the good looking device in it's own right, in my opinion. There are a few style options likely to catch the eye of any vaper (have you seen that Mesh Black?!?!), and at that price point for a YiHi power device, at a glance appears to be a great option for anyone looking for an affordable high-end experience. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's jump off this review and start at the best place possible: the top.

Top/510: The top of the VK530 is a completely flat, massive platform ready to handle some of your biggest atomizers. The 510 plate is huge and itself can handle up to 30mm attys. Add a few more mms for the rest of the top and you're looking at around 32mm without any overhang. The plate is secured on the device via two torq screws and houses a super springy, gold-plated 510 pin. Threading of the 510 is nice and smooth.

Fire Button/Joystick: The front of the VK530 houses an inlaid accent piece which is where you'll find your fire button, screen, joystick, and USB Port. The fire button is located at the top and is a medium sized, circular button that protrudes quite a bit from the device. The fire button has a nice tolerance and clickiness to it.

The implementation of a joystick is something pretty typical for YiHi driven devices. Outside of those and the Innokin Proton, I haven't really seen much of it. I personally like the joystick, but also realize it can be a fail if not implemented well. The one on the VK530 works mostly well, though, and has held up nicely throughout my testing of the device. Most of what the joystick does is to act as a shortcut for changing certain parameters of the device. You can change flavor mode, memory slot, power/joule/TC/Bypass modes, reset resistance, and it acts as your + and - buttons for modifying power/temp. Aside from a few mishits occassionally, the joystick is a really nice addition to this device.

Screen/Menu: The screen on the VK530 is recessed into the accent piece, well protected from potential scratches. The screen is bright and colorful, however, it's a bit small. There is a nice amount of information located on the screen, but it can be hard to see it as the font size has to be so small in order to fit it. Definitely would have liked to see a larger screen on this.

The UI, while it may take some time to get used to because of the joystick, feels really easy to navigate. The VK530 has some nice shortcuts associated with the joystick meaning you don't have to flub your way through a menu system just so you can change between modes and such. The menu itself is quite simplistic and easy to navigate. Once in the menu, you can use the joystick exclusively to navigate around using up/down to get to your desired selection, right to enter/select, and left to go back. Very intuitive way of navigating and a big plus in my book.

Battery Latch/Compartment: The battery door is latch-style located on the bottom of the device. It uses a large sliding latch/release mechanism on the bottom and is spring loaded. The sliding mechanism has a good resistance to it and, while it's easy to open, doesn't feel like it will open on it's own. The door itself has a really nice spring on it and pops open really nicely. There is absolutely no play in the latch and is probably one of the best implementations of a latch door I have seen.

The battery orientation is marked clearly on the door and batteries slide in easily. However, there is a bit too much play in the batteries. With the door open and batteries inserted, they move around a bit. While this makes sliding the batteries in and out very easy, it also translates to some slight rattle. With the door closed the batteries seem to be secured pretty well and don't really rattle, yet if you give it a good, powerful shake, it's there. Not really a huge deal as it's not going to happen during normal usage, but worth a mention.

Size/Styling: The VK530 is a bit deep for a dual 18650 device, but this translates nicely into being able to house some larger attys on it and doesn't make it too cumbersome. The sides of the device have a very sligh inward curve creating a very pleasant grip and hand feel for the device. The printed styling options have a very smooth texture to it like a smooth, rubberized coating. Yet it's not like most rubberized coatings as it's quite slick to the touch and doesn't translate into grippiness. I personally like the styling overall, especially of the White Deity and Mesh Black, and think it maintains a nice balance of fun and classy.

Performance: Being that the VK530 utilizes a YiHi chip, I had amazingly high hopes for it's performance, especially since many people rave about YiHi TC. I tested the VK530 with many different attys, including RDAs, RTAs, and Subohm Tanks. Power mode works great! Very minimal ramp-up time and hits as well, if not better, than most other devices I've used at the same output. It never seemed to stutter or fail when firing it and I really like how it performs in Power mode.

So I finally got TC working properly. My original thought was that Joules was a different setting and was new and strange to me so I kept away from it. Not having used a YiHi device before, I didn't realize that the Joules drives the power for TC. After getting this set properly I'm actually happy to report that initial tests for TC are looking very, very good! I just took a good 10 long hits after my cotton was already bone dry without even a hint of dryness. Pretty nice! I'll definitely need to run some more tests, but at this moment, TC looks to be pretty killer.

Vmesh Tank: The tank included with the VK530 is a fairly standard looking tank. Nothing too extravagant about it. It comes with a nice resin drip tip. It seemed a bit odd to me that it is a 510 drip tip, but the coils for the Vmesh require lower power than say a Mesh Pro Dual Mesh or Triple Mesh coil, so the draw was plenty for it. The fill port utilizes a screw-off top to access. This is not my favorite style, favoring a hinge or sliding cap, but the threading is pretty smooth and the fill ports are nice and large, so it at least has that going for it.The airflow control ring has a really smooth tolerance to it and has a stopper both ways. Airflow is plentiful for the coil, but has a slight whistle to it. The flavor on the Mesh coils is actually pretty good. For a single mesh coil it performs really well and I would put it up there with some of the better single mesh coil options. I ran around 50mL of really sweet juice through the coil and it showed no signs of gunking, so I think it's safe to assume the coil longevity is pretty good on these.​

Final Thoughts
Pros

• Easily fits 30mm without overhang (with room for about a 32mm)
  • Spring-loaded, gold-plated 510
  • Nice 510 threading
  • Protruding fire button
  • Joystick works well
  • Convenient joystick shortcuts
  • Recessed screen to help prevent scratches
  • Bright, colorful screen
  • Plenty of info on screen
  • Intuitive menu navigation
  • One of the best latch-type battery doors
  • Battery orientation clearly marked
  • Nice hand feel
  • Great styling
  • Power mode performance
  • Initial TC tests have been fantastic
  • Coil flavor and longevity

Cons

• A few mishits with the joystick (not huge, but take note)
  • Screen is a bit too small
  • Information can be hard to read
  • Batteries are a little loose and can rattle
  • Doesn't utilize the full range of options from the SXi software
  • Screw off top for tank

The VK530 is a solid device. I really love the looks of the device and Power mode performance was quite exceptional. With initial TC tests working as fantastic as it does, I have to say, for the price, this is such a no brainer. It's a great way to step into the world of YiHi if you're on a budget.

Purchasing

• Fasttech - Mod: $70.76 / Kit: $80.97 (both with MAP discount code)
  • VapeSourcing - Mod: $72.90
  • 3fvape - Mod: $76.99
  • ElementVape - Mod: $79.95
  • VaporDNA - Mod: $79.99
  • GearBest - Kit: $95.68

Thank you...
...for your attention VU. I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

I want to give another shout out to Vsticking for giving me the opportunity to provide this community with this review. If you want to check them out, you can follow them on their Facebook or Instagram.

Also, if you want to keep up with me, you can follow me on Instagram.

VU Sponsors