Become a Patron!

Macro vs Micro coils

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been building for a few months and what are you guys oppinions on density between the two? Some build at 1/16 id some at 1/8

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally i prefer to build 1/8 (3mm), i just get better wicking and flavor that way. But it's a personal thing, whatever floats your boat.

I also like the aesthetics :D

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running a dual coil 9 wrap twisted 26g 1/8 bit currently in a plume 1.5, until I make my mind up to my next rda that is

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A micro-coil is a small macro-coil.
A macro-coil is a big micro-coil.

Aside from the resistance you aim for, they're the exact same thing. Those who claim one tastes better than the other either don't know how to wick properly (which is what's really important) or they're talking bull to makes themselves look knowledgeable.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found my sweet spot to be 2.4mm. That's the size I started with in the beginning and I use that rod size by habit. I don't think about it affecting flavor or anything else. For me, it's about proper wicking.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
High vg juice wicks better for me with a larger diameter. Especially when the wick has to work against the vacuum of a tank. Not as critical in something like an rda.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've been building for a few months and what are you guys oppinions on density between the two? Some build at 1/16 id some at 1/8
I build 2mm or 2.5mm in my rda and 2.5-3mm in my kayfun.v4

My personal experience is that I get less dry hits in the kayfun v4 with a larger diameter coil. Had the same experience in my russian91

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I build 2mm or 2.5mm in my rda and 2.5-3mm in my kayfun.v4

My personal experience is that I get less dry hits in the kayfun v4 with a larger diameter coil. Had the same experience in my russian91
I agree, been doing 3 - 3.5mm coils in my kfls and v4s, even with nickel! Btw, if you haven't tried a temp controlled kfv4 yet, DO IT!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree, been doing 3 - 3.5mm coils in my kfls and v4s, even with nickel! Btw, if you haven't tried a temp controlled kfv4 yet, DO IT!

That's all I'm running. Since finding temperature control, I have not built or run a kanthal coil yet. The only thing I have with kanthal now is my Russian on my provari p3, and that's for my wife to use since she only vapes at 10 watts.

I found the key to kayfun4 working with nickel is to get your resistance reading with the juice control open. When you have to fill it, take it off the device, close JC, fill, open the JC and then put it back on. If it asked if its a new coil, choose same.

That's for the dna40 chip, on the sx, you don't have to take it off since you've locked in your resistance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got an authentic flask and ooooh man I'm addicted to TP, so smooth, once you figure it out anyway! Have a kayfun v4 on the way, we'll see how it does, my first kayfun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got an authentic flask and ooooh man I'm addicted to TP, so smooth, once you figure it out anyway! Have a kayfun v4 on the way, we'll see how it does, my first kayfun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man you wont believe how awazing it is. All the flavor, more really, with a much bigger punch.

Im doing 8-10 wraps of 26g ni200 (since its SOO flimsy) at 23-25 watts on my rdna40 VS. Loving it :)

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man you wont believe how awazing it is. All the flavor, more really, with a much bigger punch.

Im doing 8-10 wraps of 26g ni200 (since its SOO flimsy) at 23-25 watts on my rdna40 VS. Loving it :)
Forgot, also thats doing about 3.25mm coils

VU Sponsors