1. LIVE: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM LAPTOP GIVEAWAY: *NOW OPEN*

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

MA Flavor Ban and 75% tax on vapor products passes legislature

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by The Cromwell, Nov 22, 2019.

1. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Lawmakers in Massachusetts passed a comprehensive set of tobacco controls early Thursday morning that, if signed into law, will make the state's tobacco laws among the toughest in the nation.

The bill, which made it to Republican Gov. Charlie Baker's desk after midnight, passed both houses of the state legislature with widespread support -- 32-6 in the state Senate, and 127-31 in the state House of Representatives. A final version reconciled between the two chambers passed the House 119-33.
    The bill would outlaw any flavored tobacco products, including mentholated cigarettes and flavored nicotine-based e-cigarettes, and put a 75% excise tax on non-flavored e-cigarettes sold in the state.

Gov. Baker has 10 days to veto the bill before it becomes law. Asked if Baker planned on signing the bill, Terry MacCormack, a spokesperson for the governor, said that Baker "will carefully review the final legislation on his desk."
    If it becomes law, the bill will immediately ban flavors for vaping devices. Flavored traditional tobacco products -- snuff, chewing tobacco, cigars, pipe tobacco, and menthol cigarettes -- will be legal to sell until June 1, 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/us/massachusetts-law-vape-flavor-ban-trnd/index.html

2. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    So they're getting rid of smokeless tobacco too? Wow. They should tax cigarettes just as high as the rest in my opinion

Rhianne and Huckleberried like this.
  3. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Flavored smokeless tobacco I think it is.
    I did not read in depth as it was too depressing.

The Massachusetts excise tax on cigarettes is $3.51 per pack of 20 cigarettes. If a pack contains more than 20 cigarettes, the excise tax increases. Cigars and smoking tobacco are subject to a state excise tax of 40% of the wholesale price. Smokeless tobacco is subject to a 210% state excise of the wholesale price.Sep 25, 2019

4. Amber Petti

Amber Petti Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Damn!! That’s crazy!

5. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yep.
    Humans....

6. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    They want to treat vaping like smoking. Unless it involves a ban,,then its immediate for vaping, and down the road for tobacco.

Rhianne likes this.
  7. SpectoVia

SpectoVia VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years VU SWAT

Blog Posts:
  8. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
  9. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    This is the logical progression and outcome of those people who vote for the State to safegaurd the people.....now they bitch when the State determines HOW they chose to safegaurd them....

10. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    patriot act....

11. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  12. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Lmao. Newport smokers will be killing people and rioting.

Rhianne and MrMeowgi like this.
  13. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    My wife is a menthol smoker. I roll them for her now but she was np 100s for 25 yrs. Shed of gone to war over something like this.

Rhianne and Theboss like this.
  14. ColdDayInHell

ColdDayInHell Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Fuck this state. Seriously.

Not surprised at Gov. Faker's brilliant decision. Oxygen thief.

15. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I left there in 97 and have been back to visit 4 times since. I don't miss it or the people, though I do miss most of New England.

Rhianne likes this.