Become a Patron!

M&PWM Modding's Custom Built PWM, OKR-T30, Unregulated & DNA/SX Mods (And More!)

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also to add to this whole trainwreck, when OP was sick he sent out a mass email telling everyone he was sick... only he used CC and not BCC so everyone with an active order has everyones email and now there is an email chain between everyone wondering wtf is going on.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
jmodz are good, I have a mod of theirs, but they only do 18650 or 20700, no lipos. Although they did tell me a while back that they are planning to start doing a Lipo box too.
They do lipo now it's in one of the pics I posted

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ya I saw them after a quick google search. Have not had the time to do any digging on them but I mean #1 Google hit has to mean something.

Also just noticed that you are Anthony Vapes, always end up checking your channel for honest reviews before I look into the others.

Edit: Seems like they have been around for 2 years+ and I have yet to find any bad press about them.
They had some issues about 6 months ago taking forever. Looks like they resolved it. I emailed then today and they responded in a few hours with an update

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They had some issues about 6 months ago taking forever. Looks like they resolved it. I emailed then today and they responded in a few hours with an update

Yup I just sent them an email like 30 minutes ago and got a reply within a few minutes.
Looks like Im going to give these guys a try once I get my refund.

He has till the 20th to reply to the Paypal claim.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yup I just sent them an email like 30 minutes ago and got a reply within a few minutes.
Looks like Im going to give these guys a try once I get my refund.

He has till the 20th to reply to the Paypal claim.
I picked them cause they let me customize literally everything. I'm having the mod be exactly what I want. No comprises

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well seems like they do not even offer a setup that Im looking for so almost everything can be customized.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeh, just saw that, but $390, why would anyone pay that when you can get exactly the same for under half the price, crazy!
In case you still didn't find the link I gave to the ELR thread on Whiterose mods, here it again: http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/whiterose-custom-mod-thread/87027
Sweet. And yeah that is pricy. I think I got a good price from vaporlips personally. I will say jmods wiring is a work of artbcompared to some others. The whiterose ones look cool too though

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
jmodz are good, I have a mod of theirs, but they only do 18650 or 20700, no lipos. Although they did tell me a while back that they are planning to start doing a Lipo box too.
Love the lipos, can vape for a day and a half before needing a 20 minute charge from dead to full charge.

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what are you looking for? I got options from vaporlips that weren't on his site
The thing that vaporlips said no to was an switch to go from internal batteries to an external wall jack power source.

I just reached out to 5150mods last night and he does not think he can do that but he is looking into it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The thing that vaporlips said no to was an switch to go from internal batteries to an external wall jack power source.

I just reached out to 5150mods last night and he does not think he can do that but he is looking into it.
Ah gotcha. that is interesting as it would take another chip and take up more room. needs to convert 120AC into 8.4DC and allow a POT to adjust it as well. I remember someone building a desktop set up here before. I helped him with the wiring and fuses on it. but it was a massive unit. Not sure who would sell a chip to do that , that would be small enough to fit inside of a box mod. I konw with vaporlips they said the light up switch can't be used in the small enclosure with an iPWM chip. not enough room, which was fine as i wanted the bigger box anyway

Price wise i'd say it's pretty good. I paid 214 and this is what i got

"large" enclosure (they make them themselves i believe so it's not a hammond of alpine box. I believe he mills it from 1 piece much like the G2 is
30mm Varitube 510
Big al iPWM chip
dual 20700 sled (series)
Halo LED fire switch
Matching voltmeter
510 is centered on the box
Box is powdercoated with the color i selected (choice of a ton of colors)
Emblem outside
Engraving on battery door
Clear coat finish
switch configured on the side for thumb fire in right hand with emblem facing out (battery door side in palm)

I ordered a mod from him in late June with a hard delivery date of July 10th. Due to him using the wrong buttons the actual delivery date was on the 15th. I received the mod (It was a DNA75c device) with a faulty screen and a missing screw which lead to the board not being firmly mounted. I wasn't very happy because I had asked him multiple times before he shipped it out if everything was 100% and he answered in the affirmative every time. He stated that the faulty screen was Evolv's QC issue (I later checked a test video he had sent me when he initially got the board and there def. wasn't any problem with the screen in that video) and the screw was missing due to USPS mishandling the product. I was ready to wash my hands of the whole thing but he convinced me that he'd fix it up if I sent it back to him.
After I sent the mod back to him he started going MIA, which lead up to that e-mail notifying about his health issues so I dropped things for a couple of days. He went MIA again and it just got to a point where I straight up asked him if he could deliver what was agreed on. He said yes, went MIA for another while, and I got fed up and told him I wanted a refund. A day or two later I saw the post on his webpage saying he's shutting down the website.
There's a huge e-mail chain going on now with his current customers who are looking for refunds or wondering where his mods are. I managed to get into contact with him a couple of hours ago and he said that he won't be issuing a refund. I submitted my claims and hope that this whole thing will be resolved as soon as possible because I just want to wash my hands of it.
Take a look at the e-mails he sent. He threatened legal action and was a general snozberry. The guy also thinks that some customer named Dale is out to get him (In his closing statement on his FB storefront he said he was receiving death threats, this one might actually be true but I don't know).

These are the screenshots of my most recent conversation with him. Apparently the PayPal he had me send payment to wasn't his and he's planning on using that to get out of issuing a refund.

Attachments

• Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    247.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    226 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    211.2 KB · Views: 41

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
While I have sympathy with all of you that got burned and or are in the process of getting burned. And sincerely hope that your problems get resolved in your favor.
I have a hard time understanding how all the warning signs on this guy were missed? I had been following along with the posts and it became very clear early on that this guy had some major problems. For those that came late to the party and cannot read some of his posts because he edited them out. (Might be warning sign #1). Here are some Highlights. From the very beginning if you contradicted him or even had a different opinion His first reaction was to blow up and lash out at you. Then came the incident with Showerhead. Who as A paid customer contacted him with problems and his first reaction was a preemptive tirade against Showerhead with a whole lot of Woe is me and the whole world is out to ruin him and nothing is his fault. Then a nice 180 degree turn around annnd were all friends again so let me just edit out these posts so we can put this all behind us.
Followed by more customer problems and now the war is with his supplier. Once again a whole lot of Oh Woe is me! Why O' Why is everyone trying to bring me down. Don't they realize How great I am? And once again a 180 and editing of posts. Until we are at this point where he runs Away. While still Ranting Away.
During his time on the forum. (And this is the part that I cannot understand) We had members recommending other members to buy his products. I can not be the only one who could see through his bullshit?
Some may be wondering why if I was never one of his customers how can I comment on him. Here is why I am also a Mod builder. And throughout the years I have gotten very tired of a few very bad apples giving the rest of us Modders a bad reputation. And while I truly believe the majority of the modding community is made up very good people. There are like any other group some that are out to scam you or they got in over their head and it blew up on them. So protect yourself and try and do some research on any modder especially check with previous customers if possible and ask them what they liked or disliked about the buying process and or finished product. (Here is a hint: If they have a long lead time and it seems to be getting longer with every post you read about them then run away. (Bogger Box Mods anyone?)
Sorry for the long read Needed to Rant a little myself:facepalm:

I found out about him through his Reddit post detailing his services and contacted him to make the mod mid June. After working out all the details I made payment to him within a day or two. There were a few signs of trouble, namely when he couldn't keep his story straight regarding some buttons. When the Big Al board situation came up I was a bit put off but since it didn't impact me and since I was already committed I just went with it. He assured me multiple times that the mod I ordered would come out fine (Which it didn't). From my communications with him I assumed that the dude had some stuff going on his life along with a massive victim complex, but I didn't expect that it would impact his ability to deliver.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. This all sounds eerily familiar to what people go through with Hooligan Mods.
Long story short, I bought a dual 18650 series unregulated box from him. After three months he sent me the wrong color and it auto-fired. Sent it back, got the right color with crappy engraving and it autofired. Sent it back and paid MORE money for a DNA 75. Ten months after the initial order, I agreed to receive a PWM mod with a stupid logo that I didn't want. That mod worked fine but I've since sold it.

Almost a year to get a mod I didn't even want and paid more than I should have.

Having been on the receiving end of shit like this I know how it feels. I hope everyone gets a satisfactory resolution to this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmoney426 likes this.

derrickfosgate
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Blog Posts:0
New
Hope mine goes easy
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hope so too. I think I was the first to file a dispute and he had a chance to reply on PayPal, so now it's stuck in dispute limbo until either PayPal or my credit card gives me a refund. Congrats to those that already got their refund though because this is a really shitty situation.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope so too. I think I was the first to file a dispute and he had a chance to reply on PayPal, so now it's stuck in dispute limbo until either PayPal or my credit card gives me a refund. Congrats to those that already got their refund though because this is a really shitty situation.
Yes real shitty i got a mod from him with no problems still use it and was putting together another and thus guy begged me to help him out by buying one of his personal use mods so he could buy stock and he would hook me up with a mod of my choice at a discount so me feelin bad and bein nice i did not even wanting the mod i bought it anyway so i paid for 2 mods only got one and this is how we are treated

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have herd nothing from pp anybody have luck on a refund

I should have my refund by the 29th however I feel like my refund is going to destroy his PP account since his bank is blocking the refund.
His PP account is going to go into negative $300.

What I did was the moment I submitted the refund request I escalated it to paypal because I did not think he would agree to provide a refund.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should have my refund by the 29th however I feel like my refund is going to destroy his PP account since his bank is blocking the refund.
His PP account is going to go into negative $300.

What I did was the moment I submitted the refund request I escalated it to paypal because I did not think he would agree to provide a refund.
Not sure i understand i went right through pp not sure what u mean escalate but if i dont get my refund thats okay im happy to see other people hurting him

Rathanael

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Happy to see other people hurting him? Come on now thats a little wrong or poor choice of words.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure i understand i went right through pp not sure what u mean escalate but if i dont get my refund thats okay im happy to see other people hurting him

When you start the refund process it goes to the seller for them to try and resolve it.
If they don't resolve it or you don't think they will then you escalate it to Paypal to force the seller to do the refund.

Rathanael

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you start the refund process it goes to the seller for them to try and resolve it.
If they don't resolve it or you don't think they will then you escalate it to Paypal to force the seller to do the refund.
To add to this , You might need to call PayPal to work with them on this. At least one person has said they can not get a refund due to his account going against ToS of PayPal. Second he also has a lot of refunds coming his way and more than likely does not have the money so PayPal might not be able to get the money from the bank but your bank can so you can call them as a last resort.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy to see other people hurting him? Come on now thats a little wrong or poor choice of words.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
But its okay to f$$k so many other people over no he gets what he deserves im my opinion he stole multiple peoples money so f$$k him i hate liars and thiefs and this d bag is both

Rathanael

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But its okay to f$$k so many other people over no he gets what he deserves im my opinion he stole multiple peoples money so f$$k him i hate liars and thiefs and this d bag is both

No, You assuming i think its okay to fuck over people i didn't say that. What I'm saying is enjoying or even saying that happy to other people hurt somebody is fucked up. I can understand you want and everyone wants there money back. I'm one of them i have refunds processing on PayPal from him but i don't wish harm on him. I just want my product or my money back simple as that no reason to want to harm him in anyway the debt alone will most likely fuck him over for the rest of his life that's enough.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, You assuming i think its okay to fuck over people i didn't say that. What I'm saying is enjoying or even saying that happy to other people hurt somebody is fucked up. I can understand you want and everyone wants there money back. I'm one of them i have refunds processing on PayPal from him but i don't wish harm on him. I just want my product or my money back simple as that no reason to want to harm him in anyway the debt alone will most likely fuck him over for the rest of his life that's enough.
U got me wrong thats what im sayin is hurting finacially not physically

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me break in your house steal all ur vape gear u gonna wanna hurt me yup probably so in reality i dont care this guy needs it right back he clearly f&&ked over several people and tried to cry his way out of it and he has all our money sitten back grinnin because its not even his pp its someone else so if u like givin money for somethin and not recievin then cheers to ya i work hard for everything i have and when someone takes my shit and runs yea f$$k u and ur horse u rode in on this is a vape comunity and are all suppose to be united and when somebody bangs me over yea get bent so if u dont like my post read them and move on dont quote them

Rathanael

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me break in your house steal all ur vape gear u gonna wanna hurt me yup probably so in reality i dont care this guy needs it right back he clearly f&&ked over several people and tried to cry his way out of it and he has all our money sitten back grinnin because its not even his pp its someone else so if u like givin money for somethin and not recievin then cheers to ya i work hard for everything i have and when someone takes my shit and runs yea f$$k u and ur horse u rode in on this is a vape comunity and are all suppose to be united and when somebody bangs me over yea get bent so if u dont like my post read them and move on dont quote them

Okay thank you for your input, Edit - A few hours later thought about it and just leaving at that is wrong. I'm sorry if i made you angry i shouldn't have attacked your opinion on the subject and i know emotions run high when you lose money. I understand your angry about losing money and being fucked over by him and lying and what ever else he has done , Maybe I'm just to passive and just don't like to see harm really done to anyone. Anyway the point is I'm sorry if i offended you or made you angry , I do hope that everyone gets there money back because it is fucked up that people are being scammed. I've waited over two months now for a a simple mech 20700 squonker (Which the first one he mailed to me had such bad voltage drop it was unusable and i had to send back never saw that again)and a dual 20700 NLPWM mod ( In the two months since i order the NLPWM i have never seen a picture of it just its shipping soon will arive soon so and so fucked it up will ship soon etc) so I understand the frustration of situation.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, since there are no threads left for PWM questions, I'll ask here... It's really too bad that the OP turned into a slimy piece of work, I've seen it in the headphone game with custom made leather ear pads.

I'm late to the game as always, and ordered a Big Al iPWM sled (18650) as my first board. Reading this thread after I ordered, I see he had a massive falling out with Big Al. Did I make a bad choice? Is there something wrong with these boards or was it just the OP's abrasive demeanor that caused the fall out. Anyone know?

The board will go in an Alpinetech GXL case with a 30mm Varitube V2 510. I chose the 18650 version to see if I am going to like vaping a PWM mod, and if I do then I might consider getting a LiPo and charger for it.

Any thoughts on my choice and will a pair of VTC4's run that board sufficiently? It's all new territory to me.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So, since there are no threads left for PWM questions, I'll ask here... It's really too bad that the OP turned into a slimy piece of work, I've seen it in the headphone game with custom made leather ear pads.

I'm late to the game as always, and ordered a Big Al iPWM sled (18650) as my first board. Reading this thread after I ordered, I see he had a massive falling out with Big Al. Did I make a bad choice? Is there something wrong with these boards or was it just the OP's abrasive demeanor that caused the fall out. Anyone know?

The board will go in an Alpinetech GXL case with a 30mm Varitube V2 510. I chose the 18650 version to see if I am going to like vaping a PWM mod, and if I do then I might consider getting a LiPo and charger for it.

Any thoughts on my choice and will a pair of VTC4's run that board sufficiently? It's all new territory to me.
I'm willing to bet it's OP. i'm a member of big al's FB group. there is nothing but love for the chip there. I have one of them, no issues and been flawless. I liked it so much i have another mod being made with this chip as well. I can't compare it to the voltrove NLPWM as i don't have one, but i can say Outside of mikhail i've never heard of an issue with big al chips and love mine

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ik do not mod myself but own 3 pwm mods form xohm (now defunct)
I try to keep abreast on PWM mods since I find them superior to all else and will survive the FDA

big al boards are widely considered great boards but i guess the best word I can think of is delicate. they are easy to fuck up during installation which seems to almost always to be the issue when a big al board does not function as expected. but people havent gotten duds which big al usually takes care of.

the battery choice is fine but remember they are really 20 amp batteries that can push 30 amps if your careful

so going below .3 ohms comes with risk but doable and going below .2 is not advisable since at .2 you are pulling 30 amps from the batteries
pwm mods function off ohms law not watts like a vw mod like an ipv dna kanger etc

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i do not mod myself but own 3 pwm mods form xohm (now defunct)
I try to keep abreast on PWM mods since I find them superior to all else and will survive the FDA

big al boards are widely considered great boards but i guess the best word I can think of is delicate. they are easy to fuck up during installation which seems to almost always to be the issue when a big al board does not function as expected. but people havent gotten duds which big al usually takes care of.

the battery choice is fine but remember they are really 20 amp batteries that can push 30 amps if your careful

so going below .3 ohms comes with risk but doable and going below .2 is not advisable since at .2 you are pulling 30 amps from the batteries
big al usually is very helpful when you message him on facebook and he also maintains the ipwm mod discussion group on fb

pwm mods function off ohms law not watts like a vw mod like an ipv dna kanger etc[/QUOTE]

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm willing to bet it's OP. i'm a member of big al's FB group. there is nothing but love for the chip there. I have one of them, no issues and been flawless. I liked it so much i have another mod being made with this chip as well. I can't compare it to the voltrove NLPWM as i don't have one, but i can say Outside of mikhail i've never heard of an issue with big al chips and love mine
Thanks Anthony, I'll join that group as well!

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ik do not mod myself but own 3 pwm mods form xohm (now defunct)

pwm mods function off ohms law not watts like a vw mod like an ipv dna kanger etc
Thanks for the info Matt.
I was thinking in the neighborhood between .3 and .4 so I should be good. We don't have many places that sell LG HB2/4/6's here in Canada, so I'll have to source some VTC5A's. I've soldered for years as a consumer electronics repair tech so I'll keep that in mind about the board.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got the email, I have my full refund now.

Now for the task of finding a modder who wants to make something unique
Get in touch with Chris at 5150mods...PM me, I send you his email address.

Chris will make anything you want. I just received another laser engraved GXL box. He does unbelievable work..!

VU Sponsors