Become a Patron!

M&PWM Modding's Custom Built PWM, OKR-T30, Unregulated & DNA/SX Mods (And More!)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Turns out, the NLPWM, the SPWM and ANY board that isn't Big Al's IS NOT SILENT.

That Silent PWM timerless tech he uses is trademarked to him, it's not a simple frequency tuning, he doesn't use timers.

HOWEVER, the NLPWM and SPWM V3 MIGHT AS WELL be silent, as you cannot hear them while vaping. I have to put my ear up to the side of my enclosure to hear it FAINTLY, it's barely audible and in real use it won't be heard unless you go LOOKING to hear it. At full power (AKA max battery voltage i.e. firing like an unregulated mod would as the current isn't being pulsed at full power, simply dumped in entirety out of the circuit) it does NOT buzz/hum, as it isn't pulsing.

It looks like Big Al really does have the only honest-to-god (As in it doesn't make a PEEP, at least audible to humans) Silent PWM boards, but considering on the NLPWM and SPWM V3 you have to go OUT OF YOUR WAY to hear the buzz, it's hardly something I'd consider meaningful. Just felt compelled to announce it.

TL;DR:

The NLPWM & SPWM V3 are NOT silent boards, but you can't hear them in practice unless you try anyway.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I will say the NLPWM is a way better vape than any of Big Al's shit is, though. 1V-Max battery voltage in .1 increments and the board is FAR easier to use and fiddle with. I can wire up a SPWM V3 to almost mimic the behavior of an NLPWM, but I like the NLPWM best as it has everything I personally want in regulator RIGHT there, the SPWM V3 is made to be modded with TONS of peripheral part options, the NLPWM is made just how I like it so other than the one personal SPWM V3 I'm making myself to have a reference tester, I'll be using NLPWM's in all my personals right now.

GOOD fucking board guys. Manny was right.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will say the NLPWM is a way better vape than any of Big Al's shit is, though. 1V-Max battery voltage in .1 increments and the board is FAR easier to use and fiddle with. I can wire up a SPWM V3 to almost mimic the behavior of an NLPWM, but I like the NLPWM best as it has everything I personally want in regulator RIGHT there, the SPWM V3 is made to be modded with TONS of peripheral part options, the NLPWM is made just how I like it so other than the one personal SPWM V3 I'm making myself to have a reference tester, I'll be using NLPWM's in all my personals right now.

GOOD fucking board guys. Manny was right.
Good board specially with buttons...... Up and down no sweat and no twitching and no potentiometer and it can be programmed to use with 5s AND 6s Lipos
f9ad9fbdff79bd9d2f1ac577ab1b6f1b.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Not anymore, 2S-4S now unless Mark trusts you enough to sell the 6S version.. lol.

SPWM V3 has button options to, wired though, not actuators.

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone heard for Mikhail lately?
Been trying to get a follow up from him for a week. He went from around 1 hour response times to almost a full week without a word.

Rathanael

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone heard for Mikhail lately?
Been trying to get a follow up from him for a week. He went from around 1 hour response times to almost a full week without a word.
He is currently recovering from a stomach virus. I think he is shooting to be back next week but don't hold me to that.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He is currently recovering from a stomach virus. I think he is shooting to be back next week but don't hold me to that.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I see, it was a little worrisome to go from "Mod is almost done" to nothing at all. Hope he is feeling better soon.

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
May as well post here. Just heard from Mikhail today and he has/had one hell of a stomach virus.

He is still working on his orders just that due to the stomach virus killing his stamina he is using most of his time on making the mods and less time talking to everyone.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well mikhail u have had plenty of time to contact me i have tryed several time to contact u with no reply i didnt want to have to go this route but sick or not u have had plenty of time to atleast let me no the situation so instead of a mod i would lime a full refund of my money cause i think u have taken my kindness for weakness and i no longer want to do buisness with u i will explain the whole situation on here if i have no response from you I am a very hard working honest man and expected u to be the same and it appears u ARE NOT SO PLEASE REFUND ALL MY MONEY ASAP

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May as well post here. Just heard from Mikhail today and he has/had one hell of a stomach virus.

He is still working on his orders just that due to the stomach virus killing his stamina he is using most of his time on making the mods and less time talking to everyone.
Bullshit..!!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Seems this vendor is MIA, and has not shipped a buyers product which you can see in above posts.

Until this issue is resolved
BUYERS BEWARE!

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@WasabiCannon what is the latest news from this guy seems u are the only one in contact with him something seems strange that u are the only one in contact and yet u just became a member and nobody else can reach him

Sadly the last contact I had from him was on July 30th where he was asking some questions about some stuff regarding my mod.

I pinged him Sunday and have not received a word from him yet.
He did however post a message on his facebook on the 1st.

As for the only just becoming a member, I used to lurk around the forums and only made an account to post here when he went MIA for awhile. If I hear anything from him I will be sure to update everyone here as well.

For anyone like myself that has paid and received nothing so far I can only suggest that you do the same as me, keep track of your paypal refund window so you don't fall outside of that date.

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welp he just posted that he is closing everything down... this was posted on his page 38 minutes ago.

M&PWM is closed. Forever. I'm also done modding outside of the hobbyist sense. Numerous reasons for this, but after the two recent bullshit death threats and the.. losses, sustained from this business there is 0 logical reason to sink anything else into this. I'm finishing the orders I still have (some have shipped, some are almost done, zero are barely done, I'll have everything out by the end of this month) and then I'm closing shop and deleting this page entirely. I have already unpublished it meaning if you do not follow or like it or have it existing as a bookmark you can no longer view it. Do not take this as me just running off, this is just me shutting the business down. This is the first step in a line of several, but sadly the day is here.

I'm not bitter or angry, I don't feel I was cheated, just had a lot of unlucky shit happen at not the best time. That's all of life, but that being said, I can't afford to do this. I never could, it never really paid much and I had a lot of problems in the beginning. Some of you know that better than others. I made some good mods, but this business just isn't for me, I wasn't equipped to deal with it with no backup income and I rushed in, dropping all else like a dumbass.

Oh well. I'm also stepping back from the community, two people in particular have shown me just how far some people are willing to go over.. the smallest things. You have them to thank more than anyone else, you know who you are.

The way to get in contact me is email now.
Was a fun ride while it lasted.
Now to see if I need to look into a refund and find someone else ready to throw together one hell of a mod.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
READ 3 POSTS DOWN

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
GET A REFUND FROM PAYPAL NOW!!!

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL BE DRUG ALONG WITH THE "I'M ALMOST DONE, ANY DAY NOW" UNTIL THE 46TH DAY AFTER YOU SENT PAYMENT THEN YOU CAN'T DO SHIT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

THOSE WHO PAID USING FRIENDS AND FAMILY NEVER SHOULD HAVE PAID USING FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS HOPE AND PRAY THAT HE KEEPS HIS WORD.

IN OTHER WORDS YOU'RE BEAT.
your making massive assumptions
you may be right in the long run
but me thinks you are jumping the gun
and it is attitudes like this that have driven this guy away form trying to do this as a business.
some people just dont have the temperament for it all.
lets give the guy a little benefit of the doubt.and wait till the end of the month

I think he could have handled things better, but it is what it is.
Give the guy a chance

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
and it is attitudes like this that have driven this guy away form trying to do this as a business.
lets give the guy a little benefit of the doubt.and wait till the end of the month

Give the guy a chance

Yup, Im going to wait a day and see if he sends any emails out before I email him then play it see how it plays out.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
OK, I may have misspoke
How about this:

DO NOT leave your PayPal payment go past 44 days or it will become impossible to get your money back.

If you paid via friends and family you will never get your money back so once again lets hope and pray that he follows through.

Maybe you don't remember this guy but he had a total breakdown and vanished from the forum for 6 months or more about a year ago.

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, I may have misspoke
How about this:

DO NOT leave your PayPal payment go past 44 days or it will become impossible to get your money back.

If you paid via friends and family you will never get your money back so once again lets hope and pray that he follows through.

Maybe you don't remember this guy but he had a total breakdown and vanished from the forum for 6 months or more about a year ago.

Where are you getting the 44 days number from?
Paypal's website shows that you have 180 to file a dispute

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Look, I have nothing against the guys gear, and I'm sure the mods are quality. You can't take anything against that the guy has a good understanding of electronic theory.

But, a simple look at the post history can tell you a few things.

For those of you that use Disqus (or a facbook / twitter account to click through for free or join for free with an email address and a user name and pass) this is from the time mentioned that this member totally had a breakdown and vanished from the forum.

Notice the screen name and the way he spoke to Grimm Green or all people over an RTA that he liked all because Grim didn't say it was the best RTA ever invented.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/vapingfuckyeah/boreas_rta_review/

Now think about the reaction you may get is you don't think your mod is the best thing ever invented.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Where are you getting the 44 days number from?
Paypal's website shows that you have 180 to file a dispute

You may have 180 days to file a dispute through eBay through the electronics section but I doubt the 45 day mark has changed from sending money to some random guy.

Besides if you even mention vaping you will automatically lose because PayPal frowns on vaping and it's against their TOS.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They kind of contradict themselves on this one:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Protection you can count on

If you you don't receive the item that you ordered, or it shows up significantly different from its description, you may qualify for Purchase Protection, and we'll reimburse you for the full purchase price plus any original shipping costs, subject to terms and limitations. If you are charged for a transaction that you didn't make, let us know within 60 days, and we've got you covered.

Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that PayPal accounts be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment.

So which is it?

How do you go about getting a refund on something that violates their TOS?

I guess you really don't need to mention what the product is and you could just say you paid for a product and never received it.
If the seller can not upload tracking proving you received it then you would win.

I wouldn't count on 180 days though since it also says you have to notify them in 60 days.

I'm just trying to help you guys get your mods or your money.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Give the guy a chance
I bought one of his piece of shit mods...the damn thing burned up twice, each after the first hit off an atty.

I sent the mod to 5150mods from eBay to have it repaired correctly.

What you receive is a mod wired like a child did the soldering, no heat shrink on anything, no countersunk 510, glue on the mod from his hands. I really couldn't believe my eyes after paying 200 bucks for a hunk of scrap metal with the chips glued to the enclosure. The freaking thing came wrapped in plastic held together with black electrical tape...!

Since this episode with makhail, I've bought two NIpwm mods from 5150mods, both are made like he had a robot do the work, absolute perfection...!

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the guy has a good understanding of electronic theory
This is incorrect. I would of said 'virtually no clue about electronics' was more accurate, however people can make good mods without deep electronics knowledge as long as they can solder, use a drill and follow a diagram. It sounds like from what @inspects has said he was unable to do those things either.

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought one of his piece of shit mods...the damn thing burned up twice, each after the first hit off an atty.

What you receive is a mod wired like a child did the soldering, no heat shrink on anything, no countersunk 510, glue on the mod from his hands. I really couldn't believe my eyes after paying 200 bucks for a hunk of scrap metal with the chips glued to the enclosure. The freaking thing came wrapped in plastic held together with black electrical tape...!

Since this episode with makhail, I've bought two NIpwm mods from 5150mods, both are made like he had a robot do the work, absolute perfection...!

Welp... guess it is time to start the refund process and start the search for a modder with some good history. Took a gamble with him, his post on reddit made it seem like he was a decent guy.

If anyone is looking for an excellent, reliable mod maker, I highly recommend Whitrose https://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMods/
You can check out his work and long list of happy customers on the ELR thread dedicated to his mods.
I just received a NLPWM GXL Lipo mod from him and it's perfect, super clean work, flush 510, highly recommended!
He also does stab wood, and pretty much anything you want, other than Big Al's boards, he won't work with Big Al.
My nickname there is benjy337, you can tell him I recommended you if you wish.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I too am waiting for a mod from Mikhail, that's how I got to this thread.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If anyone is looking for an excellent, reliable mod maker, I highly recommend Whitrose https://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMods/
You can check out his work and long list of happy customers on the ELR thread dedicated to his mods.
I just received a NLPWM GXL Lipo mod from him and it's perfect, super clean work, flush 510, highly recommended!
He also does stab wood, and pretty much anything you want, other than Big Al's boards, he won't work with Big Al.
My nickname there is benjy337, you can tell him I recommended you if you wish.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I too am waiting for a mod from Mikhail, that's how I got to this thread.
do you have pics of the mod?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Here you go.
I chose plain black but he does engraving and pretty much whatever you want.
The best place to see his all different examples of his work is the thread on ELR that I linked to.
View attachment 89034

3d0c84f5-2752-40d3-80ba-ad618e828498
View attachment 89036
Not bad at all. I've seen better, but i've also seen much worse lol

I seen one company that looked stupidly clean on the wiring. can't find them again though sadly

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Check out the ELR thread, you'll see that there are a shit load of very happy customers.
I'm having one built currently but been looking into a few for my next one. you know try out different modders and see who does the best work. Nobody has really done that

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you have a link?
SR, check out 5150Mods (Chris) on eBay, he will make anything you want...I have a NIpwn I bought a couple weeks ago, super clean very professional work. He's making another one (gtl) with a laser etched skull theme around the mod. Should have it next week.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
SR, check out 5150Mods (Chris) on eBay, he will make anything you want...I have a NIpwn I bought a couple weeks ago, super clean very professional work. He's making another one (gtl) with a laser etched skull theme around the mod. Should have it next week.
i'll check him out for sure. i was also looking at raff mods. I wish i could find the one site that had amazing looking wiring again though. i shoulda bookmarked it

Is there any way to get in touch with him outside of ebay?

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i'll check him out for sure. i was also looking at raff mods. I wish i could find the one site that had amazing looking wiring again though. i shoulda bookmarked it

Is there any way to get in touch with him outside of ebay?
Raff mods look good but think there just dual 18650 in parrell and or series

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Found it. jmodz
20700_triple_pic_inside__04412.1497956375.jpg

endgame_quad_photo__41673.1501022883.jpg

red_black_v2_flip_flop__55374.1497382710.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Raff mods look good but think there just dual 18650 in parrell and or series

kinda. they also have a OKL chip (similar to hexohm 2) option but neither are for me. they did say the could look into PWM chips if i wanted one

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wonder if 5150Mods would be able to get a super custom mod built.

I was working towards a 2 or 3 18650 box with a switch to go to passthrough powered by a laptop cord and loaded with some LEDs.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Damn Inspects this is bad mate that really sucks

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wonder if 5150Mods would be able to get a super custom mod built.

I was working towards a 2 or 3 18650 box with a switch to go to passthrough powered by a laptop cord and loaded with some LEDs.
FYI even though i can't vouch for them yet, the site i ordered from is vaporlips.com they'll build anything no limits. even if you don't see an option for it and their pricing is resonable

WasabiCannon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FYI even though i can't vouch for them yet, the site i ordered from is vaporlips.com they'll build anything no limits. even if you don't see an option for it and their pricing is resonable
Ya I saw them after a quick google search. Have not had the time to do any digging on them but I mean #1 Google hit has to mean something.

Also just noticed that you are Anthony Vapes, always end up checking your channel for honest reviews before I look into the others.

Edit: Seems like they have been around for 2 years+ and I have yet to find any bad press about them.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors