Become a Patron!

LVE ORION II - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hi there folks.

Time for another review,pod kit sent by my friends at Sourcemore for the purposes of this review.
Will get started with some pics you get a general feel of the device i will be reviewing today:

COLORSSS.jpg
contents.JPG
battery.JPG

airflow.JPG
coils.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Gotta say opening the box and looking at the way its all presented you get a high end feeling from the whole kit.
Laid neatly in the box you got everything you need to start your vaping journey except the e-liquid ;)

Holding the pod you feel its weight,much heavier than other devices with these characteristics and features.
Not a bad thing perse,does transmit a sensation of a well built and put together device,sturdy in nature that will last you a long time if you take care of it.

Apart from the mod you get a USB-C 2A cable,2 cartridges and 2 coils.
There is also a like a suction like rubbery thingy which is used to remove the panels so this pod is a bit customizable.

Time to star vaping:

To try out both coils (the RDL and the MTL) i decided to use both pods so i could try them out at the same time.
Unfortunately and due to some of my health issues my brain isn't working at its usual 100% so yeah i forgot to refill the cartridge with the MTL coil....and when i went to try it out and i got the mother of all dry hits.
So sorry but no MTL coil review this time,my bad.

My usual MO is to let the coil sit and soak that sweet nectar of the gods we call e-liquid for at least 15 minutes.

Meanwhile i fiddle around with the mod and see what menu options i got,in this case we talking about a real simple device:

1.) Power on/off: press the power button 5 times in 2 seconds.
2.) Press the power button and "+”button simultaneously to lock or unlock the power adjustment buttons.
3.) Adjust the power: press the "+”button or "-" button to adjust the power.
4.) Puff counter clear: Press the power button and "-" button simultaneously to clear the puff counts.

A couple of things to mention about the cartridge itself:

Really good capacity,for the size of the pod 4.5 ml e-liquid capacity is right on.
Filling is pretty easy but you gotta be mindful of the tiny top cap,kinda small and if you're clumsy like me you are prone to dropping it and losing it,so keep that in mind.

Pod mod itself even thou small in size has a pretty big battery,1.500 mAh Li-PO which charges itself from zero to full in about 40 minutes.

The pod itself might be small but it comes with all the protection features you might need:

1. Auto-shut off protection: the device contains an automatic shut-o feature which will disable the device if the power button is depressed for more than 10 seconds , and "Over 1Os" will show on the screen.
2. PCBA Overheat protection: the device will pause operation when the inner mainboard temperature exceeds 75°C, "too hot" will appear on the screen.
3. No-atomizer protection: the device will not operate and "Check Atomizer" will appear on the screen if the coil is not detected.
4. Short-circuit protection: In the rare event that a short-circuit is detected, the device will stop working and "Short Circuit" will show on the screen.
5. Low voltage protection: when the battery level is too low the device will cease to operate and "Low Battery" will appear on the screen.
6. Over discharge protection: In the rare event that the battery level becomes extremely low, the device will stop working.
7. Over charge protection: the device will automatically stop charging when the battery cell is fully charged.
8. USB input protection: when the USB detects an out of spec or malfunctioning charger or cable, the device will automatically stop charging.

Ok so enough of that,the coil is primed,wet and moist and it's time to give it a go.

Since i burned the MTL coil (again,my bad) i will only be trying out the RDL coil 0.4 ohm (26-32W).

When it comes to drop in coils i like to break them in so i started at a measly 18 watts,just 5 or 6 puffs then up another 2 watts and rinse and repeat until i reach my desired sweet spot.

For me that sweet spot was 25 watts with half the airflow closed and yeah this little thing delivers,nice restricted hit and making those flavors pop.
As always for review purposes i use my Shiva aroma from A&L,proportion of 70/30 and with 6mg of nic.
I tend to use the same for all reviews so i have a baseline when it comes to comparing the hit,flavor,tones,cloud production and general sensation of the vaping apparatus.

Once the coil was broken in i spent all after noon with it and yeah it was a very pleasurable experience,i did try 30 watts but it did get a bit hot for me after a couple of chain vaping sessions so i went back to my 25 watt setting.

The mod itself performed admirable,instant fire and the airflow ring even thou it has no stop but it remain in its place,it is not one of those ''loose'' rings that move with the slightest touch.

All in all a very good experience with the Orion II,shame about not being able to try out the MTL coil.
I was able to get a couple of hits with the MTL coil but at really low wattage since it was basically burned up from my blunder.
From those couple of hits i can tell that a true MTL can be achieved,flavor wise hard to tell since half of it was just plain burnt and made me cough hehe.

PROS:

-Build quality is superb,you get a high end feeling just by holding the pod mod
-Easy refill system
-Fast charge,40 minutes and you ready to go
-This pod mod gives you the option to go full MTL or RTL,more options is always a good thing
-Slight customization thanks to the fact that you can remove both of the side panels

CONS:

-Only 3 coils to choose from and 2 of them are MTL.
-Aesthetic wise you either love it,hate it or just plain don't like it
-Placing the cartridge in the slot was kinda fidgety,sometimes i couldn't get it properly in place on the first try.

Would i recommend this device:

Well this is a hard question to answer.

Performance wise this pod mod does nothing wrong,very well built and when it comes to vaping it delivers.
Gotta keep in mind you only got 3 coils to choose from and only one of them is for RDL use so there is that.
Aesthetic wise you gotta like it,i mean some of us are 50/50 when it comes to choosing vaping devices.
We gotta know it does its job and it also has to look good,gotta like what we will be using day in and day out.

If you're fine with just being able to choose 3 coils and you like the aesthetics of this pod mod then yeah the Orion II from LVE Kit is for you,i do recommend it.

Well that is it for today folks.

Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Here you have a discount code in case you decide to acquire this product:

LO2K $36.69 - LVE Orion II 2 Kit

Thanks to everyone for reading my review :)

VU Sponsors