Become a Patron!

Lung heaviness juice question

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping on rdas for about 4 months now. I've noticed some aggravation or lung heaviness sometimes now and would like feedback from others that have had this issue. I Vape sweet juices and fruity flavors. I Vape mostly high vg juices mostly but not all. My favorites include lighthouse angels gate which is a vanilla blueberry custard, proper red label which is a strawberry shortcake with drizzle, a local shop juice which is a red velvet cupcake and beard Vape co number 5 which is a strawberry cream. The local shop juices are 80/20 and 85/15 and a 100 vg. The Angels gate a 60/40 and m not sure the beard no. 5 ratio. I'm thinking about going organic because sometimes I Vape a good bit I use around 10ml a day and use a sigelei 150 with petri atomizer for great cloud and flavor mix. I'm hearing the organic juices are easier on the lungs. I do Vape a 6mg nicotine because 3 just doesn't have enough throat hit for me. Just would like to know if organic a produce same flavor and who makes them or if it's the vg level or what. I am vaping Clapton coils usually at 100w. I like a real warm Vape. Anyways proceed with discussion. Thanks!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The heaviness you are experiencing could be the cumulative effect of vaping high VG liquids for months.

As far as "Organic"liquids are concerned, a while back I was sent a couple of bottles of "Organic" liquid to check out from a well known E-Liquid manufacturer.

I received a Berry blend, a Coffee and Bannana flavor and a Butterscotch flavor.

All of the flavors in each case were overpowered by some strange and not good base flavor.

Just saying.......................

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's possible that a different juice base and or flavoring would help. Or it could just be your body telling you that Clapton coils at 100 watts and high temperatures aren't a combination that it cares for. Everyone is different. What works for some may not be for you.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sensitive to VG, so I vape a high PG blend, plus I like the throat hit from PG. I had to tinker around with different percentages until I found what worked best for me. As it turned out, I can't go over 25% VG in a mix. I got the same heavy lung/super bad chest cold feeling in mixes over that amount.

Others are the opposite.

Another thing I can't tolerate for very long are flavors that contain diacetyl. I don't wanna get caught up in a war here about diacetyl and all that stuff, I just know how it affects me if I vape it for very long.

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not an authority by any means but from my own research that I've been doing it seems that VG due to its viscosity (thickness) has a similar effect as mucous building up in your lungs throat and sinuses however you're body has the ability to clear it up through natural processes.

Try dropping to a lower VG blend. See if all this research I'm doing is worth it haha :)

Again. Not an expert. Just what I'm reading around the web. But regardless hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm the opposite. I have to use high vg. But there are some people who have had those symptoms with the vg. Thin it out a bit with pg. The 60/40 should be ok. But keep decreasing the vg in the mixes until you find what's right.

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
True some people do have allergic reactions to PG and in that case a higher VG concentration definitely makes sense

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks yall. I also noticed a loss of wind that is pretty stout lately especially working outside . I'm gonna cut out the high vg soon and dial back to higher pg juices and see if there is a good difference

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks yall. I also noticed a loss of wind that is pretty stout lately especially working outside . I'm gonna cut out the high vg soon and dial back to higher pg juices and see if there is a good difference
Let us know how it works

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping on rdas for about 4 months now. I've noticed some aggravation or lung heaviness sometimes now and would like feedback from others that have had this issue. I Vape sweet juices and fruity flavors. I Vape mostly high vg juices mostly but not all. My favorites include lighthouse angels gate which is a vanilla blueberry custard, proper red label which is a strawberry shortcake with drizzle, a local shop juice which is a red velvet cupcake and beard Vape co number 5 which is a strawberry cream. The local shop juices are 80/20 and 85/15 and a 100 vg. The Angels gate a 60/40 and m not sure the beard no. 5 ratio. I'm thinking about going organic because sometimes I Vape a good bit I use around 10ml a day and use a sigelei 150 with petri atomizer for great cloud and flavor mix. I'm hearing the organic juices are easier on the lungs. I do Vape a 6mg nicotine because 3 just doesn't have enough throat hit for me. Just would like to know if organic a produce same flavor and who makes them or if it's the vg level or what. I am vaping Clapton coils usually at 100w. I like a real warm Vape. Anyways proceed with discussion. Thanks!
Right to the point. Go to a Doctor, like right now. Don't screw off, E.R. I was an hour from death before I made it in to see mine. Heaviness means drowning my doc told me. No coffin yet!

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right to the point. Go to a Doctor, like right now. Don't screw off, E.R. I was an hour from death before I made it in to see mine. Heaviness means drowning my doc told me. No coffin yet!
Wow that's kinda extreme. Thanks though I love vaping lungs don't hurt now but heavy and winded easily. Maybe I should also consider higher resistant coils and less watts like stated

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's kinda extreme. Thanks though I love vaping lungs don't hurt now but heavy and winded easily. Maybe I should also consider higher resistant coils and less watts like stated
All I know is you don't breathe, your F**ked. 4 minutes max. Dead, Gone, ate the Big Burrito. You have more time with heart attack, shark bite, car wreck, ect. I hope you never know! It ain't for the weak. :p

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
OMG @Saddletramp1200 some days I just don't know about you :confused:

I, like Huckleberried have a sensitivity to certain VG's. If I vape anything higher than 50%VG my chest feels heavy, tight... like an asthma attack. I would not consider what I feel to be a drowning feeling. It's an allergy... you just need to pinpoint where the allergy is coming from. It could be the VG, a particular flavoring, the sweetener, etc.

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could u guys point me to some higher pg juices 60/40 vg pg or a 50/50. I like sweets and fruits. High end juices that deliver. I can't do cheap shit

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicoticket is very popular. Wish I could try their juice.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The heaviness you are experiencing could be the cumulative effect of vaping high VG liquids for months.

As far as "Organic"liquids are concerned, a while back I was sent a couple of bottles of "Organic" liquid to check out from a well known E-Liquid manufacturer.

I received a Berry blend, a Coffee and Bannana flavor and a Butterscotch flavor.

All of the flavors in each case were overpowered by some strange and not good base flavor.

Just saying.......................
HHV by any chance?????

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Many places will customize to your preferred ratio. You'll just need to figure out what that happens to be.

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone. Once I get all this high vg gone I'm going to purchase some new lines of juice. I'll posts results for the next person. I remove my claptons and installed a 6 wrap 22 gauge kanthal dual coil. Also cut down to 80 watts

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you're taking the right approach. Really it's just experimenting until you find what works for you. Good luck!

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started out vaping on some more equal mixes but migrated to very high like 85/15 and 90/10 vg mixes because of the thickness and flavor of the vapor. A lot of them have been local shop blends and such...But it's been noted as rough on my lungs personally . I've mapped back and researched some of the original juices I liked and started looking at 50/50 and 60/40 juices

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could u guys point me to some higher pg juices 60/40 vg pg or a 50/50. I like sweets and fruits. High d juices that deliver. I can't do cheap shit

maybe try vista vapors you get to make your own with them how much u want etc try them also mfs has high pg and taste great I love the orange they have I also got lots from vape mall for my husband he can add all he wants boost etc sweet and love glass bottles

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A follow up for you guys and gals. I quit vaping the max vg liquids made by a local manufacturer of juice and the issue vanished. I spoke with some others that had been vaping it and they had the same issues.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Glad you got it figured out. Welcome to the world of higher PG. Works for me.

hye....newbie here...im having the same symptoms like icgixxer87 here but i have been vaping a low vg flavour like mr.e's jade tiger which contains 33% of vg but still no improvements towards the heavy breathing. the only flavour that could help me feel a little better is halo's midnight apple but still having a heavy lung after five days or so.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTERESTING, i think its the nicotine quality dude..... I had the same experience with the same juice only, i won't mentioned the company name, but yeah, i felt like i was gonna pass out,i was lethargic, this juice was 70/30pg, so finally i dumped that juice went yo a 90/10pg ejuice 3mg big differences...cant do too much pg i get runny nose...
BIGBOYVAPER

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All the juices you listed were heavy in custard notes. Maybe switch up to some max VG fruity juices and see if you notice the same heaviness.

thanx all for the wonderful reply....for the jade tiger i was vaping on 9mg nic but the halo i was vaping on 12mg so i figured it could not be because of the high nicotine. but maybe the quality of the nicotine, then i thought that quality of the nicotine should not be the question because both are form US. but just recently i changed to a local e juice which contains 90%vg with tobacco flavour as well and the pain also felt lesser, i still does not have a perfect conclusion to this problem. and also recently there is a post going viral on facebook which the lady is using steroids inhaler when she is smoking and after vaping she just use it for 3 months and no longer needed the steroids inhaler but i needed the inhaler after i started vaping. i ve tried smoking cigarettes and the inhaler is just no necessary anymore... hope there is an answer for my problem, i really wish to stop smoking analog now,

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I haven't had any problems since dropping the max vg. I think everyone is different. A 80/20 or 70/30 does well for me. I gathered opinions and feedback as I was one of many that had issues with max vg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
thanx all for the wonderful reply....for the jade tiger i was vaping on 9mg nic but the halo i was vaping on 12mg so i figured it could not be because of the high nicotine. but maybe the quality of the nicotine, then i thought that quality of the nicotine should not be the question because both are form US. but just recently i changed to a local e juice which contains 90%vg with tobacco flavour as well and the pain also felt lesser, i still does not have a perfect conclusion to this problem. and also recently there is a post going viral on facebook which the lady is using steroids inhaler when she is smoking and after vaping she just use it for 3 months and no longer needed the steroids inhaler but i needed the inhaler after i started vaping. i ve tried smoking cigarettes and the inhaler is just no necessary anymore... hope there is an answer for my problem, i really wish to stop smoking analog now,
You may notice significant changes 4-8 weeks after you give up analogs. Vaping or not, your body will begin repairing itself and the cilia that move the stuff out of your lungs will wake up. I'm thinking maybe some of the heaviness may come from VG not being properly expelled in your lungs current state. Not a doctor but noticed that breathing became much easier a couple months out from stopping the stinkies.

You may notice significant changes 4-8 weeks after you give up analogs. Vaping or not, your body will begin repairing itself and the cilia that move the stuff out of your lungs will wake up. I'm thinking maybe some of the heaviness may come from VG not being properly expelled in your lungs current state. Not a doctor but noticed that breathing became much easier a couple months out from stopping the stinkies.
that really makes sense, hope that it is true..thanx alot bro

I think that I almost come to a conclusion that I maybe having this problem from having flavors with custard notes which maybe contains diacetyl but I will have to find a tobacco flavor with no custard note in order to make sure it is indeed the problem but it is quite hard to find something like that here..

VU Sponsors