Become a Patron!

Lower Wattage = Better Flavor?!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's weird though I can get like hardly any flavor at 37w and then the best flavor at 39w. It's crazy how much a difference just a few watts can make!

Not really crazy but interesting in my opinion.I find many of my e-Liquids require just a watt or two more or less, to get Full Flavor and in TC Mode sometimes just 10 or 20 Degrees Fahrenheit.

Last edited:

Tahmores

Member For 1 Year
from my own experience some juices like higher wattages and some juices are better on lower wattages.fruits are better on lower and juices with Coffe or Tobacco need higher wattages.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s odd but when I first started vaping i was using drop in coil tanks under .2 ohms and watts up to the 80s.

Now I’m building my own coils I build to around.6 ohms and vape it at 30-40 watts. Even when I occasionally use a regular sub ohm tank I choose less resistance coils and lower watts. I still like my vapes warm just not as much as before.

I use tc in any mod that performs it well ie DNA, Yihi, Omni etc.. I mostly drip with RDAs and the dreaded dry hits are a thing of the past using tc.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the dreaded dry hits are a thing of the past using tc.

Yeah you are right with that because I sometimes run my tanks dry and notice right away something isn't right. Fill the tank and Vape On with the same coil for 100's of ML's. Never with wattage mode will I be so lucky because a coil doesn't last very long when it runs dry.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get the distinct impression that no one wants to hear that high wattage is better. I use a lot of big RDAs and RTAs. I get amazing flavor. I rarely vape them lower than 80 watts and up to 120 watts.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm eclectic. I have a few MTL set ups I like a lot. But it is comparing apples to oranges.

I put this rig together with low wattage in mind for work. Running an AVS quad core parallel fused clapton 30gx4/40g coming in at .31. The squid peacemaker 25mm is a good match with the OBS. 28 watts is flavor city!
287e06161263c811430f805dd65541fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors