Become a Patron!

Low Wattage RTA/RDTA/RDA Builds

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am not sure if there is already a thread on this but here it goes. if so can someone direct me please.

I am looking for build that is designed for low wattage, like 25 watts, maybe even lower. my reason is I want a build that will lengthen my battery life, so I can run something at like 25 watts on a single 18650. not looking for clouds, just decent flavor.

Right now this is what i run on my Sigeili 213 and Wismec Presa 100W

Geekvape Avocado 24mm/ Super Tank Mini RTA 25mm- 3mm Kanthal 24G 6 wrap spaced, 3mm coil, running at 55 watts

iJoy Limitiless RDTA- 3mm Kanthal 24G/28G Clapton spaced- 75 watts

Conspiracy by Ohm Nation- 3mm Kanthal 24 10 wrap microcoil, 55-100 watts

would i do a high resistance build?
Thanks in Advance

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My advice is to keep you attys with the builds and wattage that works best for you and to keep extra batteries.

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My advice is to keep you attys with the builds and wattage that works best for you and to keep extra batteries.

I just want something that is conservative on juice and battery life for when i go out, and so i can run a smaller mod and not carry batteries,

but thank for your advice, i do have several extra sets of batteries.

dshobe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recently began trying to do the same thing OP. I got a Lavabox M and wanted my battery to last a little longer. I ditched the alien and Clapton coils and went back to simple 26g ss wraps around a 3mm bit. Works ok. I'm not going to say the flavor is just as good for everyone, but it does fine for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently began trying to do the same thing OP. I got a Lavabox M and wanted my battery to last a little longer. I ditched the alien and Clapton coils and went back to simple 26g ss wraps around a 3mm bit. Works ok. I'm not going to say the flavor is just as good for everyone, but it does fine for me.

how many wraps?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh thanks, i didn't know. i only used kanthal, never used stainless wire before. how many wraps? and what wattage do you vape it at?

Right now
I have a dual 3.0 ID
8 spaced wraps
.26 ohms
I hit at 40-55 watts
I'm using an AVOCADO RTA... Almost mtl
This is my go to set up while I'm at work...
On single coil
You will cut the wattage for sure 20-30 watts

VAPE ON

dshobe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No? I thought that meant the wraps were squeezed tight together?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Don't respond to stupid

VAPE ON
he did by responding to you mr beats and apple makes the best products lol
Ruh roh!

a microcoil (and even macro coil) means the ID is really small. back in the days we used to wrap them around a push pin or sewing needle, not sure if many people even build these anymore TBH. it was a thing for a while though
wraps close together = contact coil, wraps not close together = spaced coil.

Don't listen to EJ, just look at his post history, it's a bunch of 1 line nonsense and pretty much everything he says is wrong. He has some weird complex where he follows trends and thinks he knows way more then what he does, and is in general just a waste of time

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
he did by responding to you mr beats and apple makes the best products lol

a microcoil (and even macro coil) means the ID is really small. back in the days we used to wrap them around a push pin or sewing needle, not sure if many people even build these anymore TBH. it was a thing for a while though
wraps close together = contact coil, wraps not close together = spaced coil.

Don't listen to EJ, just look at his post history, it's a bunch of 1 line nonsense and pretty much everything he says is wrong. He has some weird complex where he follows trends and thinks he knows way more then what he does, and is in general just a waste of time
lol, that explanation for the "dont answer stupid" reminds me of my wife's favorite saying about those kind of peeps in her social club exec board. She would say, "if we didn't have assholes around we would have to important them just to distinguish the good people"
;-)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the the info @SirRichardRear. Regarding my response to EJ, just trying to diffuse the situation. I meant no insult to you. You have always been helpful and informative in your posts.

no offense taken. I don't get offended very easily lol, no situation to defuse, ej has already been proven to be ignorant by enough members here, most people already know what to expect from him

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual coils, 3mm id, 12 wrap microcoils, comes to 0.44 ohms, vaping at 55 watts.

And 12 wraps isn't really what I had in mind when I said low mass.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
And 12 wraps isn't really what I had in mind when I said low mass.
I haven't built that small in forever so it's hard to say exactly but you are going to need thin kenthal wire (28guage or less) and probably 5-6 wraps on a dual coil if i had to guess

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just trying to think back to what we did in the days of Hana 20

dshobe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, my apologies OP, not what you were asking for at all.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 3 kayfuns running 2 at .6 ohms 1 at .3... all run at 15-20 watts in VW.... 2. Are stainless 28 awg the .6 ohm 6 wrap on 2.5mm. And the .3 which is twisted 2x28 5 wrap on 2.5. The 3rd rig is 3x32 nichrome at .6ohms. The stainless coils also get run in TC but watts goes to 18 and temp around 420.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I like a good mouth to lung vape. Run a 2 ohm coil in my kayfun at a mere 16 watts. Easy on batteries, easy on juice, doesn't create irritating weather systems that hang forever when out and about and my kayfun gives better flavor than anything else I own. Maybe something to consider.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes I like a good mouth to lung vape. Run a 2 ohm coil in my kayfun at a mere 16 watts. Easy on batteries, easy on juice, doesn't create irritating weather systems that hang forever when out and about and my kayfun gives better flavor than anything else I own. Maybe something to consider.
Only thing I found that comes close to the old KFL is the chalice 3 on my squonker.

I vape at 20 watts or less. I get just under 24 hours on a 25r battery.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like a lot of posters ahead of me, you're going to wanna ditch any "fancy" wire builds. EJ's tip regarding SS is great both for battery life and flavor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors