nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did you have to create an account to browse there? :wtf: I don’t know if I want an account until I see what they’ve got. So much strangeness lately!

It's a reputable company. They are affiliated with House of Hybrids, who produced the Kabuki tank I keep talking about, been around for a long time.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whats the word on Vaporrange these days? I thought I read about someine having a negative experience. I'm looking at stuff and suspect they wont have specific colors that show in stock at their site.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Whats the word on Vaporrange these days? I thought I read about someine having a negative experience. I'm looking at stuff and suspect they wont have specific colors that show in stock at their site.

@Huckleberried was having a terrible time with them. Maybe she'll chime in.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I got bummed, too, I'd always loved Vaporrange. I kept running into stuff like, ordering, paying, finding out days later that they didn't have the items, substituting items without contacting me, sending me the wrong item, altogether, then the last time, sending me a tracking number, assuring me an item was sent and never was. It's a real bummer, they usually have great prices on stuff. For the longest time, I had no issues at all.

I also got pissed off right around Black Friday when they doubled their prices for their 50% off sale. Right after that, they reduced their prices again. Shady shady. Shady AF.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yes that Black Friday Vaporrange sale was really bad and shady to raise prices like that- other than that I have had positive dealings with Vaporrange, except when I ordered one Blue Zesthia and a Gold Zesthia - I got the blue, but they sent me a gold Voluna 2 - not happy with that substitution - they never asked either- I would have rather had another Blue Zesthia or my money back for the gold one. The Zesthia is a single coil RTA and the Voluna is a dual coil- not what I wanted.
I have been buying from them for many years- and have for the most part have had positive experiences with Vaporrange- now I make sure I write in the comments about substitutions and to email me 1st!
I had a problem with the Galatek coupon code not working on the rainbow RDA and I wanted 2, I wrote that in the notes so they threw in the extra rainbow one for free.
Vaporrange is the sister store to Asmodus, same company for both.
Vaporrange is great at answering the phone and their customer service has been pretty good when I have had to call.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I kept running into stuff like, ordering, paying, finding out days later that they didn't have the items, substituting items without contacting me, sending me the wrong item, altogether, then the last time, sending me a tracking number, assuring me an item was sent and never was.

I ordered one Blue Zesthia and a Gold Zesthia - I got the blue, but they sent me a gold Voluna 2 - not happy with that substitution -

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I'm not going to order anything from there.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I'm not going to order anything from there.

I've bought from them since then, but not as much as I would have before. I find myself being suspicious of their "deals" if I can't exactly remember the prices of things over time.

I will say, they often leave their discount codes effective far longer than they say. Last time I checked the "BYEBYESUN" code for 15% off was still working.

ETA: Actually the BYEBYESUN code does work. I just used it to get 3 Galatek RDAs for just over $12.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what i have seen, when a company starts doing things like that. they sold the company and the new owners cheap out on everything and chase the customers away. many go out of business not long after.
or perhaps a vape business is just trying to make all the money they can before May 12?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't that tank take the Prince RBA head?
No it has its own RBA. The Spirals and Spirals Plus both use the same one, single coil.

When I bought my Spirals Plus, it came with the RBA. The Spirals tank was part of a kit, and I had to buy the RBA for that one separately.
What @nadalama said ^^^^

It has it's own RBA which it did come with or I wouldn't have bought it. Even for 8 bucks. Not because it's Smok, but because I just don't use drop in coils anymore. I am a fan of the Smok RBA decks I have so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Especially that cheap. It's also 22mm and fits perfectly on my Pico Dual which is also red and black too.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What @nadalama said ^^^^

It has it's own RBA which it did come with or I wouldn't have bought it. Even for 8 bucks. Not because it's Smok, but because I just don't use drop in coils anymore. I am a fan of the Smok RBA decks I have so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Especially that cheap. It's also 22mm and fits perfectly on my Pico Dual which is also red and black too.
Ok, i thought that RBA deck fit another Smok tank. Maybe had a brain fart.
I have the RBA decks for the BBB tanks and they work better than expected.
i have some of the Prince RBA decks but don't have any tanks they will go in to at the moment.
Guess i'll have to break down and grab some Prince tanks

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess i'll have to break down and grab some Prince tanks
They came on a bunch of kits. You might be able to rustle one up used from somebody who isn't using theirs. I have a pink one I just remembered, but I doubt if you want that.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Last night while I was watching a COVID update on CNN (online, live TV), they played an LG commercial about "thermal runaway" related to 18650 batteries.

The caution was for consumers not to handle individual batteries. There was an animation about what happens when a battery (unprotected in a pocket or some such) comes in contact with other metal and goes berserk.

I cannot recall the exact terminology right now, but over and over the narrator of the commercial says something to the effect of "do not handle individual cells."

The commercial is a campaign against the marketing and sales of individual 18650 batteries to vapers and people who use them in flashlights, fans, and whatever else.

Just fyi. More crusading. Just what we need. Be sure you have good batteries.

Don't be surprised if you see this post in another thread. I plan to post it in a couple of places.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Supposedly VaporL is closing their US Warehouse. There's a lot of pretty good deals but I can never check out there from my phone. I have stuff in my cart and want to pay but just cant... Hopefully some of you can take advantage.

Swag and Nunchaku mods for under ten bucks plus a whole lot more.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered some kits from Wet Vapes as well now. Two of the older 4x18650 Smok GX350 kits and another dual 21700 Smok I-Priv kits (I already have 3 :D). They come with tanks and coils and are each $17 with the code! I got an old Kanger Drip Box 160 and an Ijoy Limitless XL RTA .

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I posted this in the ELR forums and someone there figured out why I couldn't check out. They said try check out with just one particular item but that I could get two of it or whatever. So I went back and only had the Vaporesso Swag in my cart. I changed the quantity to 2 and proceeded to the checkout. It went through just fine and only 4 something for shipping. So I ordered two Swag mods for a total of $23.23. Dont know if that'll help anyone. They also have Nunchaku mods for around the same price ($9.--).

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
LMAO at self.
First read the first line as "Sale Alert for Wet Wipes" :)
On the lookout for them for great grandbaby.
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
I have 5 grandkids- so I understand- lol!
It will be a while before I see a great grandbaby-
:vino:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I don't know how you feel about temp control, but that Avenger does a damn good job with it. If you're interested, give it a try!

Thanks- I will give Temp control a try with the Avenger. I mainly bought these as being dual 20700, might be better for the higher wattage sub tanks and coils I have, plus the price and that they each come with two 20700 batteries is a great deal. You and @debinnv have written how much you like the Avenger, I knew Wet Vapes would have a discount code eventually, so I waited until now to buy them.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks- I will give Temp control a try with the Avenger. I mainly bought these as being dual 20700, might be better for the higher wattage sub tanks and coils I have, plus the price and that they each come with two 20700 batteries is a great deal.
Ive had two of the older Ijoy Captain PD270s for a while. Both are tough and still hanging strong. I just got some OEM batteries for them since the Ijoy ones have been through many charge cycles. I always wanted a Genie and didn't even know the Avenger was also dual 20700.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ive had two of the older Ijoy Captain PD270s for a while. Both are tough and still hanging strong. I just got some OEM batteries for them since the Ijoy ones have been through many charge cycles. I always wanted a Genie and didn't even know the Avenger was also dual 20700.

I also really like their Capo 216 squonker, which is dual 20700, came with the batteries and an RDA for about $35. I know when people see "Capo" they cringe, but the 216 is a totally different animal from the 100.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also really like their Capo 216 squonker, which is dual 20700, came with the batteries and an RDA for about $35. I know when people see "Capo" they cringe, but the 216 is a totally different animal from the 100.
I remember when you got that! It was from Strikes around the time I got my Captain RTAs. So glad you posted about those. I'll keep an eye out for that squonker. I only have one with dual batteries so far but just ordered an ancient Drip Box160 today.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ijoy Limitless XL RTA
That comes with 2 RBA decks. A single and a dual. The "chip coils" it uses have the widest range I can think of. They work from maybe 70 to 200 watts. Same coil. I still have a couple of those coils somewhere. Actually maybe 4 or 5. I bought a bunch of those tanks for 4 bucks each in a clearance bin at a shop a looong while back.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Just Frank Another few things about the Ijoy Limitless XL. That was the first rebuildable atomizer I ever had and woooWEEE, what an adventure.

It lives in lower resistance, higher power land. Period. Especially with the dual deck. It wants muscular power hungry builds.

Get it right and it is a great vape. Excellent flavor and a cloud machine with that direct bottom airflow.

HOWEVER. It is not forgiving at all as far as wicking is concerned. Get it wrong, which is easy to do, and it will dump juice straight outta that bottom airflow fan thing all over your mod. Too tight, which is also easy to do when trying to stop that leaking, and it will dry hit on you.

The wick ports are triangular .They need to be totally filled out to those inner corners, but not too tight. Get it nailed and it really is a great vape.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Just Frank Another few things about the Ijoy Limitless XL. That was the first rebuildable atomizer I ever had and woooWEEE, what an adventure.

It lives in lower resistance, higher power land. Period. Especially with the dual deck. It wants muscular power hungry builds.

Get it right and it is a great vape. Excellent flavor and a cloud machine with that direct bottom airflow.

HOWEVER. It is not forgiving at all as far as wicking is concerned. Get it wrong, which is easy to do, and it will dump juice straight outta that bottom airflow fan thing all over your mod. Too tight, which is also easy to do when trying to stop that leaking, and it will dry hit on you.

The wick ports are triangular .They need to be totally filled out to those inner corners, but not too tight. Get it nailed and it really is a great vape.
It might've been here already. My WetVapes order said "Suspected Fraud". I emailed them a few times asking why that's the case. My funds were in their hands no trouble so I'm thinking it was just on their end. I'd made 2 previous orders within the last month. I did nothing suspicious as fas as amount total and items selected. I told them that I appreciated everything but wanted a refund. Just a clean break considering what's going on in the world. That same day I got tracking info.

I'm a bit glad too. I didn't expect to like the Smok GX350 mod as much as I do. I got it for vaping at home. The battery life seems insane. I go several days without charging. It's really not that huge either. It's certainly heavy with 4x18650 batteries in it. But it's not much wider than my Aegis Legend and also shorter. It's the mod I didn't know I always wanted. Well I sort of did.

One of my first trips to a vape shop (before I did any online shopping) the guy there tried to upsell me one. I'd picked the Alien kit. He had a GX350 with a Cloud Beast King on it. "Those are nice but if you want their best mod and tank, you should check these out." I thought both looked gigantic at the time. I told him maybe next time. I never went after it though until wet vapes. It's well worth $20 ($17 w/code) and they even throw in a CB tank and coils. That shop wanted $90 plus $40 for the batteries, plus $40 for a CBK, plus a 6% state tax. It was years ago but that's still really pricey.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a couple Profile Unity's today from Vaporl. I better watch some videos to get familiarized with the do's and don'ts. People say the wicking is tricky but I'll figure it out hopefully.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a couple Profile Unity's today from Vaporl. I better watch some videos to get familiarized with the do's and don'ts. People say the wicking is tricky but I'll figure it out hopefully.

oh-oh-pick-me-pick-me

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got wicking for the Unity nailed down tight. I just did it again a few days ago with handcheck on the way. I was going to write about this anyway. Hang on please.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can even do this with the 6mm Woto cotton. As with any mesh setup, it needs to be tighter than usual with the cotton touching every part of the mesh. It should take effort to pull it through, but not to where it's tearing the cotton. If it's too tight, hold on to one end and pull the length of the cotton with the fingertips of the other hand firmly enough to pull some fibers off the outside until it fits right.

Once it's in the deck under the mesh, cut the ends off pretty much at the outside of the base. Not the end of the deck.

Here's the parts that matter most. Fluff, but don't thin the ends and then bend the whole thing up and start feeding the cotton a little at a time, bottom first into the ports until they are full, but not too tight. Pretty much like any other RTA at this point.

That will leave a bunch of cotton left on top. Do NOT cut it at an angle. Pet it down until it's horizontal and cut it off straight so that it just barely extends beyond the ring of the wicking ports. Just barely. Like a half mil to a mil. There are 2 small holes in the bell cap on each side that must be covered with cotton or it will flood gurgle and spit.

That will work every single time.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Of course make sure you prime it really really well.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't expect to like the Smok GX350 mod as much as I do.
They had a silver one on the clearance table at the shop near me. I think they wanted 25 bucks for it, which of course is a good price. I liked it well enough. Seemed like a good design.

I have nothing at all against them, but I just can't get myself to buy any mods that take more than 2 batteries. It's the battery complication thing I think. Buying and trying to keep track of matched sets of 3 and 4 batteries. That's what kept me a few times from buying para-series setups too. That and then the concern about juice consumption as our caretakers began in earnest to babysit us to death.

That's a concern across the board for me. I love chucking clouds for fun and boy are those cloud beast tanks the ticket for that, but again ,they drain your juice supply lol!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
myVpro has free shipping with code "STAYHOME" Manta Resin RTAs for $17.95. In case you haven't tried one, this is a really good flavor RTA. @DrVapenstein says it gets overly hot if chain vaping at higher wattage (75W+), but I'm using mine at 55W and below and it's great.

Didn't look too much, can't spend money, but the free shipping is a good start.

Do see a Vaporesso Gen mod (gold only) for $37.95. Sure would look spiff with the Coffee color Manta Resin tank!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors