Become a Patron!

Low Battery alert/amp question.

Okay so after scouring the interwebs I couldn't find much help. I turned here hoping you guys and straighten this out for me.

Asmodus Minikin 2
TF-V12
T8 0.16 ohm coils

With the batteries I have, fully charged, 120w is as high as I can go without immediately getting a low battery alert.
My question is, what batteries do I need to get to push the watts up past 120?

Thanks guys!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Over 20 amps from a 15 amp rated battery from a brand that is questionable..... might be the issue..... your pulling more than the batt has to offer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Over 20 amps from a 15 amp rated battery from a brand that is questionable..... might be the issue..... your pulling more than the batt has to offer.

Ah! So it's probably a low amp problem? See no one ever told me this stuff when I got into vaping.lol So should I be looking at 30a batteries? Does that sound right?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ah! So it's probably a low amp problem? See no one ever told me this stuff when I got into vaping.lol So should I be looking at 30a batteries? Does that sound right?

Not really needed unless your really looking to cook the lungs. The discharge rating and capacity are linked the higher the discharge rate the lower the capacity generally speaking depending on the hybrid chemistry manafacturers use

I suggested VTC5a because it's slap bang in the middle 25CDR 2500mAh it's just a banging battery

Having said that plenty of awesome 20CDR 3000mAh batteries to choose from take a look at the list Ray posted above will help 30Q, VTC6 are popular choices around here as well

If you look into the 30CDR range you lose capacity normally around the 1500mAh mark not worth it in my opinion (but this is just me)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the mean time just build or use wattages that draw less than 15amp....

Steam-engine.org can help.

Not really needed unless your really looking to cook the lungs. The discharge rating and capacity are linked the higher the discharge rate the lower the capacity generally speaking depending on the hybrid chemistry manafacturers use

I suggested VTC5a because it's slap bang in the middle 25CDR 2500mAh it's just a banging battery

Having said that plenty of awesome 20CDR 3000mAh batteries to choose from take a look at the list Ray posted above will help 30Q, VTC6 are popular choices around here as well

If you look into the 30CDR range you lose capacity normally around the 1500mAh mark not worth it in my opinion (but this is just me)
Wait, so the mAh is the capacity of the battery?
Thanks man! I'm about to buy like 8 of them.lol

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
In the mean time just build or use wattages that draw less than 15amp....

Steam-engine.org can help.

no
the build does not change the amp draw on a vw mod

the amp draw is determined by
wattage setting / battery voltage / efficiency of mod (90% normally)

so at 120 watts
he is only pulling 15.87 amps
but as the battery discharges to low bat cut off the amp draw increase up to about 21 amps

but say at over 120 watts you are pulling over 16 amps from the batteries form full charge

the batteries are probably just junk and are the issue

the mod does not know how many amps are safe for the batteries you have installed or even what batteries are installed

no

so at 120 watts
but as the battery discharges to low bat cut off the amp draw increase up to about 21 amps

but say at over 120 watts you are pulling over 16 amps from the batteries form full charge

the mod does not know how many amps are safe for the batteries you have installed or even what batteries are installed
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the problem being the batteries. I'm pretty sure they're 15amp. So that 30 amps total IF the wrapper can be trusted. I guess I'm gonna get higher amp batteries and make sure they're legit.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the problem being the batteries. I'm pretty sure they're 15amp. So that 30 amps total IF the wrapper can be trusted. I guess I'm gonna get higher amp batteries and make sure they're legit.
no
its 15 amps total
your mod is in series which does not double the amp because it has 2 batteries
it doubles the voltage available
it still pulls the same amount of amps form oth batteries at the same time

no
its 15 amps total
your mod is in series which does not double the amp because it has 2 batteries
it doubles the voltage available
it still pulls the same amount of amps form oth batteries at the same time
Oh snap. I didn't know that. So to really get the most out of my coils I need higher amp batteries and a parallel mod? Is that right?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
How exactly are you charging the batteries?

An external charger or by plugging the USB into a power source?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no

so at 120 watts

That's why I said wattage.... the build is about vape quality....

Should have said....Do a build that give a good vape at a wattage that draws less than 15amp... in the mean time..

The batteries he has are safe below 15 amps draw.. so stay below that till you get better batts.

Paranoia will destroy ya.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a regulated mod to it should be good for about 25 amps output with 2 15 amp 18650 batteries.
Depending on the output voltage of course.

~60 - 70 watts or so should be no problem and can probably go a bit higher.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
At 120W you're right at the edge of what those batteries can do so if they're a bit worn out that would explain it. I would highly recommend Sony VTC5A for your application, that'll give you the best battery life. Just make sure you get them from a trusted source.

VU Sponsors