Become a Patron!

Loving my New Squonk Setup

FoxVapor

Just a baby in the Vape Game
VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally got a new squonk box, Pulse BF box from Vandy Vape with my Dead Rabbit RDA on top. and my new Samsung 25R 18650 batteries finally came in to go with it.

3d6173f1f77cccd103e3e3dde9d8fba3.jpg

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nice! I squonking in a Dead Rabbit too. Did you have it before getting the Pulse?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was wondering for squonkin would the Dr SQ be good. I think in all honesty I'd rather the pulse 22 over the dead rabbit but I've heard such mixed reviews. Some say the Dr has the best flavor and you can run dual and single one is not better than the other.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was wondering for squonkin would the Dr SQ be good. I think in all honesty I'd rather the pulse 22 over the dead rabbit but I've heard such mixed reviews. Some say the Dr has the best flavor and you can run dual and single one is not better than the other.

I have the DR SQ(22) and a clone of the DR 24 that both have the same single coil build in them. The 22 has better flavor for sure with the same build. I have never built the DR 24 with a dual coil build.

parting shot of the new pulse kit with the old pulse box and dr clone:

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have the DR SQ(22) and a clone of the DR 24 that both have the same single coil build in them. The 22 has better flavor for sure with the same build. I have never built the DR 24 with a dual coil build.

Have you tried it with the coil pushed closer to the edge so it's right beside an airflow slot?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no. i haven't tried that. i have a bonza built up with a single coil one one side waiting on my new mods to come in the mail. I don't think I have ever really built an offset single coil like that, at least not recently.

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The pulse 22is awesome great flavor and vapor. Never built asingle coil on my DR. 2 very different vapes. Maybe ill throw a single on my DR and tell ya

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's where I've been placing mine
d48cde9ca0a63a63f86ceeaba07a9370.jpg

What ive seen for single coil on the DR is going diagonally between posts. Feel like you may get a lot of extra air the way you have it how is it?

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What ive seen for single coil on the DR is going diagonally between posts. Feel like you may get a lot of extra air the way you have it how is it?

I have the top cap turned so only 1 air slot is open, the slot right beside the coil. You can even adjust how restrictive the draw is by the distance between the coil and the open slot.
The DR SQ doesn't have the same airflow options. With the SQ you have to leave both slots open, or use the tiny holes which were designed for MTL. I was excited about the the SQ when it was announced, but after seeing the airflow changes I decided not to buy it

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey fox I'm glad you like that. The pulse is very solid. I wish they had silver plated Copper internals. I love that door. I hate the new pulse 24 and pulse box I hate hate hate the translucent colors. There only one I like is the ultem colored one. I really like the look of the original soft, mellow shades

FoxVapor

Just a baby in the Vape Game
VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You running dual coil in your DR?

Yup always hahaha

Hey fox I'm glad you like that. The pulse is very solid. I wish they had silver plated Copper internals. I love that door. I hate the new pulse 24 and pulse box I hate hate hate the translucent colors. There only one I like is the ultem colored one. I really like the look of the original soft, mellow shades

I love it. it's my go to travel mod. I have a Atopak Dolphin but I need to coils for it

VU Sponsors