Become a Patron!

Lotus Flavorings (Watermelon) My Flavor Notes

dmagicp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. I just finished a nice long session of research and tasting with this flavor and here are my thoughts.

Don't try to get an idea of the flavor profile by sniffing from the bottle. This stuff is so concentrated that it just smells like straight fingernail polish.

I started of testing this flavor with one drop added to 3 mls of 70VG 30PG. Very slight flavor but kind of weak.
Settled at 4 drops per 3 mls. Nice full watermelon flavor. On the inhale there is a nice, round, red watermelon of medium ripeness at the beginning of the inhale. Just a bit perfumey (this may dissipate with steeping), followed by a nice sweetness coating the back of the tongue. Just after the end of the inhale, there is a bit of rind that quickly mixes with the watermelon. It is slightly bitter, not unbearable but it still must be noted. (again this may go away with steeping). I feel that the rind takes over the melon a little too much at the outset. Also the melon does not taste quite sweet enough to me and may benefit from some caps super sweet. I came up with the following starting percentage by using the dropper that comes with the bottle and weighing the amount of 4 drops and converting to the percentage.

The flavoring should be mixed at a starting percentage of 2.9 % undiluted.

Final thoughts. This is absolutely the best and most accurate watermelon that I have ever tasted.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Give TW Gold Standard Watermelon a try. It may surprise you. Took me years to find one that didn't taste like rind, or chemicals.

VU Sponsors