Become a Patron!

Lost & found

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I found a very new looking Aegis Legend with a Steam Crave 30 mm RTA. I was taking laundry to the community laundromat in my apartment complex and there it was just sitting on a folding table. First thing to pop into my sinners head was "good score". Well I came to my senses pretty quickly. I picked up the mod and took it home. I made a sign on sheet of heavy paper with a sharpie that said found Vape mod. Owner may claim bye going to apartment number so and so or by telephoning at such-and-such a number with a full accurate description of the Lost item. owner may claim by going to apartment number so and so or by telephoneing at such in such a number with a full accurate description of the lost items. 30 minutes later there was a knock at my door. Standing There was a man between the ages of 65 and 70. He identified the mod accurately and went on to tell me that he just purchased it over the weekend at the same brick-and-mortar I go to. He went on to say that it was his second Vape mod and that he had been cigarette free 4 6 months because of vaping. He also said that he had been smoking those cigarettes for nearly 50 years and that he has not felt better in 30 years. He offered me a reward of $20 which I declined although I really could have used it. I try not to prejudge people but he did not appear as though he was exactly a wealthy dude. Needless to say he was extremely appreciative and also surprised that he was able to recover his misplaced Vape mod. He almost looked like he was going to cry it's simultaneously broke my heart and brought Joy do it at the same time. It feels good to do the right thing. At one time not too long ago I would have just kept it.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i think we all have had those moments where we would do the immoral thing "keep it" and moments of morality "return it" so don't beat yourself up for thinking either and i am glad to see you went the moral route to at least attempt to return it.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My first thought would’ve been to keep it. The devil that sits on my shoulder talks a lot. But in the end I would’ve returned it also.

Very good of you to have returned it! Maybe you have a new vaping friend now! :hug:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good going Bigrick
94673ea6ac5110551c5757a0baaa6a7f.gif

I found a wallet laying in the parking lot of the library. Didn't like going through his personal stuff, but had no choice. Found that he was a member of Sams Club. Went there and this is kinda of a scary thing, but maybe, they just gave me his number bcuz I had his wallet. Called him and met him there, he wanted to do the same by offering me money, I declined. Also, found a cell phone, but it had gone through a rainy day. Went home and dried it out in a sunny window for several days, It worked ! I called a number that was on it, and the guy was so surprised I found it. We met at Walmarts, and again, was offered a reward, I declined. I love it when things work out ! Plus, it doesn't hurt to put out good karma ;)

Sent from....somewhere on Tapatalk

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I found a very new looking Aegis Legend with a Steam Crave 30 mm RTA. I was taking laundry to the community laundromat in my apartment complex and there it was just sitting on a folding table. First thing to pop into my sinners head was "good score". Well I came to my senses pretty quickly. I picked up the mod and took it home. I made a sign on sheet of heavy paper with a sharpie that said found Vape mod. Owner may claim bye going to apartment number so and so or by telephoning at such-and-such a number with a full accurate description of the Lost item. owner may claim by going to apartment number so and so or by telephoneing at such in such a number with a full accurate description of the lost items. 30 minutes later there was a knock at my door. Standing There was a man between the ages of 65 and 70. He identified the mod accurately and went on to tell me that he just purchased it over the weekend at the same brick-and-mortar I go to. He went on to say that it was his second Vape mod and that he had been cigarette free 4 6 months because of vaping. He also said that he had been smoking those cigarettes for nearly 50 years and that he has not felt better in 30 years. He offered me a reward of $20 which I declined although I really could have used it. I try not to prejudge people but he did not appear as though he was exactly a wealthy dude. Needless to say he was extremely appreciative and also surprised that he was able to recover his misplaced Vape mod. He almost looked like he was going to cry it's simultaneously broke my heart and brought Joy do it at the same time. It feels good to do the right thing. At one time not too long ago I would have just kept it.
AWESOME! Just proves there are still good people in the world! My first thought would have been to keep it as well, but my conscience would have made me do the right thing, just as you did.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good going Bigrick
94673ea6ac5110551c5757a0baaa6a7f.gif

I found a wallet laying in the parking lot of the library. Didn't like going through his personal stuff, but had no choice. Found that he was a member of Sams Club. Went there and this is kinda of a scary thing, but maybe, they just gave me his number bcuz I had his wallet. Called him and met him there, he wanted to do the same by offering me money, I declined. Also, found a cell phone, but it had gone through a rainy day. Went home and dried it out in a sunny window for several days, It worked ! I called a number that was on it, and the guy was so surprised I found it. We met at Walmarts, and again, was offered a reward, I declined. I love it when things work out ! Plus, it doesn't hurt to put out good karma ;)

Sent from....somewhere on Tapatalk
Yeah that's pretty cool man. I had someone returned my wallet to me once. I lost it or dropped it in the church bathroom.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I never return the mods I find. Why? Not because I'm an asshole it's just that no one ever comes back for it so it makes no sense.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
An old couple in a parking lot returned my daughter's wallet to her once. She drove off from the bank with her wallet on top of her car, and they saw it fall in the parking lot.

She had just gotten paid and also cashed her income tax refund check. Wallet had $3,800 in it.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
An old couple in a parking lot returned my daughter's wallet to her once. She drove off from the bank with her wallet on top of her car, and they saw it fall in the parking lot.

She had just gotten paid and also cashed her income tax refund check. Wallet had $3,800 in it.
Wow that’s great!

VU Sponsors