Become a Patron!

Looks what is coming - Wraith box mod

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine almost didn't hold up on the second bottle fill :eek:
I partly blame it on the FDA. Companies are having to rush products to the market to beat the deadline and having to let things like this slip. Problem is,they can't improve it later,cause any improvements to an existing product makes it a new product :mad:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I partly blame it on the FDA. Companies are having to rush products to the market to beat the deadline and having to let things like this slip. Problem is,they can't improve it later,cause any improvements to an existing product makes it a new product :mad:

Yeah, I do too.

But I'm still disappointed in Council of Vapor - I can't see a reason for designing this with top springs anyway.

I'm going to contact them later and see if there is anything that can be done on their end.

If not, I'll tear it open and see how its put together to see if it can't be modded. I really don't feel like having a $75 POS laying around waiting to prematurely break.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just opened a problem ticket on the COV website and I suggest anyone who truly feels their door is going to break or has wobbling door issues should also do so right away, so they know there is a problem, and it's not just one mod.

They do not answer on weekends, so I won't get an answer before Monday, but I think all of us that shelled out the bucks and are having an issue should tell them about it right away.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just did the same and opened up a ticket. Let's see what they have to say...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Getting the first batch of new vape gear always has it's hazards - let's see how COV makes it right.

I also wish I'd of gotten my shit together and taken it out for the day as soon as I got it. But, COV does have a 90-day warranty so lets all keep our fingers crossed, because these would be decent regulated squonkers if we weren't freaking out that they're gonna bust any second, lol.

Last edited:

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been playing around with the door and may have figured out the best way to close it.I'll work with it some more in the morning when I get home from work and try and post an explanation tomorrow when I have time.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If not, I'll tear it open and see how its put together to see if it can't be modded. I really don't feel like having a $75 POS laying around waiting to prematurely break.
I hear ya'! My little Volt just stopped working! I had it sitting on my desk and didn't use it for a few weeks. I picked it up a couple of days ago, no power....recharged overnight, it doesn't even turn on! I'm getting fed up with shoddy workmanship. Please let us know what CoV has to say.

RayCray Cray

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't think of one COV item that I thought was a great product. Mediocre to terrible is their product threshold. Maybe just me though.

Charge port broke on my mini first week

My tempest never worked, and my Royal hunter burns my lips :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm a pretty big COV fan, mainly I just like their aesthetic I think. My Wraith works pretty well, it's my first squonker so I don't have anything to compare it to. The first day I got it the battery door was hard to close, but only with a battery in it so like you guys I figured it was a spring or something in the upper battery part. So I decided to take a look inside and I saw a small piece of foam that was under the contact. This foam is either too thick or too firm cause it wasn't letting the contact bend when I put a battery in. They probably added this so the battery is tight but they made it TOO tight.

I called them to ask if they could fix it or plan to do anything about it and they told me that they are aware of the door issue, and they are planning on fixing it asap, but I could send mine in if I wanted them to repair it.

I didn't want to ship it in so I tried to figure out how to pull that foam out and luckily I had a dental pick around and it worked perfect. The door works SO MUCH BETTER!! It's super smooth now, and I'm really happy with it.

My guess is that I voided their warranty but oh well, the thing works so idc. Maybe this will help some of you out before the door breaks!

IMG_1875.JPG

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found if I hold the mod upside down after removing the atty,and put my thumb on the door so I'm putting pressure on the entire door,it slides in easily. another problem with the design is there is a spring loaded pin near the hinge which is the ground.This pushes up on the hinge end of the door raising the hinge since it's a little loose and sloppy.So you need to push the whole door,especially the hinge,down to get it to lock into place.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm a pretty big COV fan, mainly I just like their aesthetic I think. My Wraith works pretty well, it's my first squonker so I don't have anything to compare it to. The first day I got it the battery door was hard to close, but only with a battery in it so like you guys I figured it was a spring or something in the upper battery part. So I decided to take a look inside and I saw a small piece of foam that was under the contact. This foam is either too thick or too firm cause it wasn't letting the contact bend when I put a battery in. They probably added this so the battery is tight but they made it TOO tight.

I called them to ask if they could fix it or plan to do anything about it and they told me that they are aware of the door issue, and they are planning on fixing it asap, but I could send mine in if I wanted them to repair it.

I didn't want to ship it in so I tried to figure out how to pull that foam out and luckily I had a dental pick around and it worked perfect. The door works SO MUCH BETTER!! It's super smooth now, and I'm really happy with it.

My guess is that I voided their warranty but oh well, the thing works so idc. Maybe this will help some of you out before the door breaks!

View attachment 58544

I just opened a ticket and will be sending mine in as it is so wobbly now that I'm afraid it will bust off.

I will remember that trick though.

It's a decent enough squonker if it wasn't for the door thing.

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was going to ask if it does TC with SS as per the OP. Everything I've seen on it says Ni and TI, no mention of SS. If the door design is that wonky it's pretty much a moot question.
Right now I'm running mine in dual SS 24 gauge, 10 wrap in TC at 450 and working great

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had mine now for about 2 weeks. The door is a PIA for sure, but as some of you already mentioned, applying even pressure across the whole door while sliding it shut makes it a lot easier and smoother. I've used it with N80 in power mode and SS in power and TC mode, and has worked fantastic in any setting that I set it at. I ran the stock RDA with a few different builds for a few days, it's ok, but not my preference. I'm currently using it with a Tsunami 24, the one with the window, and it's a phenomenal vape. One thing I have to point out, all the spring tension on that door with a full bottle and LG HG2's, there is now a small gap between the body of the mod and the door housing on mine. finish is still holding up great which was a big concern of mine.

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for all your informative posts on the Wraith. A squonker is definitely my next mod purchase. I was eyeballing this one but it sounds a bit wonky.

urbanvape87

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

I purchased my first squanker after being fed up with my tanks leaking all over the place (cheap pony starter kits I must add), when purchasing the wraith I was warned about the door, if you are careful with it and push the door closed and slide it nice and tight it's fine, I can't fault it it's brilliant great taste and vape on a single coil and this is my first rebuildable I must add. I will probably end up upgrading in the long run but for now this works fine for me.
Only con is I broke one of the refill bottles and at this moment in time they haven't made any replacements for it, this worries me as I'm now down to the last bottle and if this also splits I'll be dripping, and I really don't want the pain of doin that at work.

Hope this is helpful to anyone wanting to buy.

Also the kangertech Dropbox 160 imo is rubbish compared to the wraith, the rda is terrible continually spits the battery flap is magnetic so if you do accidentally drop it you get all manor of parts flying all over the place.
I only know this as my friend purchased one same time as I got the wraith and he's had nothing but problems and wishes he got the wraith.
Thanks jake

Hi all,

I purchased my first squanker after being fed up with my tanks leaking all over the place (cheap pony starter kits I must add), when purchasing the wraith I was warned about the door, if you are careful with it and push the door closed and slide it nice and tight it's fine, I can't fault it it's brilliant great taste and vape on a single coil and this is my first rebuildable I must add. I will probably end up upgrading in the long run but for now this works fine for me.
Only con is I broke one of the refill bottles and at this moment in time they haven't made any replacements for it, this worries me as I'm now down to the last bottle and if this also splits I'll be dripping, and I really don't want the pain of doin that at work.

Hope this is helpful to anyone wanting to buy.

Also the kangertech Dropbox 160 imo is rubbish compared to the wraith, the rda is terrible continually spits the battery flap is magnetic so if you do accidentally drop it you get all manor of parts flying all over the place.
I only know this as my friend purchased one same time as I got the wraith and he's had nothing but problems and wishes he got the wraith.
Thanks jake
I broke one of my bottles (didn't hold the bottle in place while i was changing the battery), but I found that the 10ml squeeze bottles from my local vape shop work great. They are identical in size, just a little firmer. the straw tip fits fine in the locally aquired bottles. I've also had some issues with the door, but I've found that holding mod horizontally and applying light pressure to bottle when replacing battery allows me to apply sufficient pressure to door to slide and lock it into place. Hope that helps. Side note : with the stock atty, be careful with dual coil builds or you'll burn the DT if your coils sit too high. Tsunami 24 w/ bottom feeder pin is great on this mod!

urbanvape87

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I broke one of my bottles (didn't hold the bottle in place while i was changing the battery), but I found that the 10ml squeeze bottles from my local vape shop work great. They are identical in size, just a little firmer. the straw tip fits fine in the locally aquired bottles. I've also had some issues with the door, but I've found that holding mod horizontally and applying light pressure to bottle when replacing battery allows me to apply sufficient pressure to door to slide and lock it into place. Hope that helps. Side note : with the stock atty, be careful with dual coil builds or you'll burn the DT if your coils sit too high. Tsunami 24 w/ bottom feeder pin is great on this mod!
Thanks so much I'll be looking at a few attys today.
Cheers mate

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So. I got my Wraith 48 hours ago, threw a quick single coil Clapton in it, and have been vaping it exclusively for the last 48 hours. A couple of salient points: this is my first squonker. Whoa, I love squonking. Really. I'm smitten. The door is a non issue for me. It seems to work fine using pressure, then sliding closed. The atty seems to be fine too. I was kind of warned to find a replacement asap, but I can't find anything wrong with it. Did I mention that I'm really really liking squonking?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So. I got my Wraith 48 hours ago, threw a quick single coil Clapton in it, and have been vaping it exclusively for the last 48 hours. A couple of salient points: this is my first squonker. Whoa, I love squonking. Really. I'm smitten. The door is a non issue for me. It seems to work fine using pressure, then sliding closed. The atty seems to be fine too. I was kind of warned to find a replacement asap, but I can't find anything wrong with it. Did I mention that I'm really really liking squonking?

Fantastic!

Brought mine on vaycay and am using it full time for the first time since I got it.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today.
aa7209d1ad317a8b28094533444e9963.jpg

Don't drip and drive.

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I really like the look of the white version but one reviewer over at FT said his white wraith turned yellowish within a week. Can anyone verify that?

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How is the vape in the original RDA. Mine is coming in next few days any tips on build to get flavor and save battery life will be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've never built the attie it came with - didn't look like my style at all.

Batterie longevity is about average - nothing spectacular or especially bad

The higher the ohms, the less battery you use :)

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So what do you generally build to get a better battery life

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And does it really hold 10+ ml of liquid. How is the mod..... do I still use it and like it

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So what do you generally build to get a better battery life

I don't build with battery life in mind - I build for flavor and keep extra batteries handy :)

If you need as much battery life as possible, build your coil as high as you can stand it and still enjoy the vape :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How is the vape in the original RDA. Mine is coming in next few days any tips on build to get flavor and save battery life will be much appreciated

The original atty is middle of the road flavor wise. I have a SS build in it for TC. The TC is limited to 50W max. If this is your only mod you will need to carry a spare battery as I have not been impressed with the battery life.

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a Tsunami RDA, I think I can use it as it has a Squonk pin. Has anyone tried it

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Tsunami RDA, I think I can use it as it has a Squonk pin. Has anyone tried it

What are you squonking it on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
It takes big dual higher power coils so you need a higher Wattage mod. But the pin squonks fine. I put my pin from my 24 in my 22 it is nice for a change up but not as flavorful as my hadaly.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The authentic Tsunami 24mm does come with a squonk pin - the 22mm does not. Don't know about the clones.

If you like it as a dripper, you will probably like it as a squonker

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What are you squonking it on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
It takes big dual higher power coils so you need a higher Wattage mod. But the pin squonks fine. I put my pin from my 24 in my 22 it is nice for a change up but not as flavorful as my hadaly.

You can install a single z coil down the center of the Tsunami if dual coils are not your thing - dual coils will seriously drain a battery fast

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can install a single z coil down the center of the Tsunami if dual coils are not your thing - dual coils will seriously drain a battery fast

i have been using Tsunami with Dual coil...not sure how to make the Z coil...plus wont it affect the flavor as it is a bottom Kennedy style airflow.....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You should just be able to pop it on the Wraith with the double build you already like then :)

VU Sponsors