Become a Patron!

Looking to quit cigs but so many choices and configs...

Hello, everyone. I'm trying to quit smoking cigarettes and I think buying an e-cig would help. I just wanted to ask for any of your suggestions that would somewhat meet the criteria I'm looking for.
  1. The purpose of this purchase is to help me quit cigarettes so the most important aspect is that the e-cig pulls like a cigarette (so probably an MTL). People seem to swear by the Juul. I've also heard good things about some more economical Juul-alikes (like Suorina and Phix) and the V2 brand as well.
  2. I'd simply buy the Juul but it seems it can get pretty expensive buying new cartridges for it. I'd prefer to buy my own juice and nicotine salts and manually refill a tank (or atomizer? I'm not sure of the terminology).
  3. Speaking of tanks, I'd really like it if I could easily switch between a tank with nicotine juice to another type of pre-filled tank (the ones I'm thinking of usually come in 510 thread). A detachable tank is a big plus.
  4. Lastly, I don't mind the size so the larger the battery, the better.
Thanks, all. I've been googling around for almost a week and can't seem to come to a good decision. I think I'm leaning towards a mod with E-go threading (which I think would work with tanks that have 510 threading) but don't know much about tanks and how they'd work with nicotine salts (which seems to be the best juice for former cig smokers).
I look forward to your suggestions.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Sorry about that.... edited my post to remove specific mention of it.

That 4 in 1 looks decent. The 3 in 1 is so much more expensive. Why is that?

Also, I heard nicotine salts are a little different than regular vape juice. Do I need to get a specific ohm rating on the coil or a specific tank or anything like that?

Thanks for the suggestions, man, I really appreciate it!

Edit: Ah just saw your edit. Ok thanks for specifying on those coils. Going to look into that.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I would honestly go with the cheaper one if you don't care about combustion but if you do (I would / do) care about combustion (of the other) I would go for the V2. it's basically the gold standard when it comes to 3 in 1's.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Edit: Ah just saw your edit. Ok thanks for specifying on those coils. Going to look into that.

No problem.
I don't mind helping you but we need to keep the other on the dl.
Just no specific terms. you know what I mean?

I would honestly go with the cheaper one if you don't care about combustion but if you do (I would / do) care about combustion (of the other) I would go for the V2. it's basically the gold standard when it comes to 3 in 1's.

Hmm... the usual pre-filled tanks I see don't need combustion, but I guess it'd be nice to have the option. I don't mind paying a good amount up-front if it's worth it in the long term. Reading some reviews for it, people seem to really like it.

Just no specific terms. you know what I mean?
For sure, man.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
if you are using pre filled carts and never use solid material you would be fine with the cheaper one.

The cheap one will combust solid material.

That's pretty much the only difference I see between the two.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

That 4 in 1 looks decent. The 3 in 1 is so much more expensive. Why is that?

Also, I heard nicotine salts are a little different than regular vape juice. Do I need to get a specific ohm rating on the coil or a specific tank or anything like that?

The nicotine salts are different because they allow vapers to use pen style and pod type devices at a higher nicotine level then before because nic salt has barely any throat hit at high nic levels (all the way up to 50mg/ml).

You can vape 25mg/ml nic salt in a vape pen with no problem at all.

If you tried that with 12mg/ml of regular eliquid you will get a harsh throat hit and probably choke since you are using it mtl to quit smoking.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
look,listen,in the end trust your gut...it's what we all did...over time you'll nail down what you like,and then you'll refine it to what you love. it's a big vaping world and it's always changing...don't let it intimidate you....there's a place for you in it.

VU Sponsors