Become a Patron!

Looking to get into dripping...

Tombat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm looking to get into dripping but all of the complexities of it (coil building, ohm testing, battery safety etc.) has been a little daunting to me. Can anybody fill me in with some basic knowledge, whether or not it's worth it, and good startup products?

My current batteries are a vision spinner mini and an isticck20w. Are either of these suitable for dripping?

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Also youtube is a great resource for info to. Tons of videos out there. Lots of people out there get really in depth with the how to's of building. I learned alot of buidling by watching rip tripper videos and just skipping through to the builds lol

Read read and read some more then just jump in lol
I was the same always hesitant to get into dripping then I thought what the hell
Got myself a smok m80 a mutation x dripper and 28 gauge kanthal some jap cotton and a mini tool kit from B&Q its great when u get into it watch YouTube vids to get the jist and make sure u read up on ohms law and amparage as if you build a 0.13 on the m8 out of 22 guage it gets mighty hot mighty fast so be careful lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

TheFog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been into building for a little over 2 mnth now. It's a lot simpler than u may think. If u have a vv/vw mod with digital read out just build a coil slap it on a RDA and fire to see what the ohms read out at....it's a decent way to avoid an ohm tester. I would have to say as far as a definite one piece of advice...unless u have one hell of a mod with some kick ass Batts make sure whatever u build is plus .2 ohms anything under that and it gets kinda ticky. Not saying it's unsafe if u have the necessary equipment just that margin for error is tighter. One last thing as far as starting out get a RDA with decent room on the deck. First couple coils are a learning curve and need the room. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BUILDING

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One piece of advice I can give is get an ohm reader/tester and check before you put on a mod and fire your checking for the ohm reading and also if you have a short.screws not tightened down properly. My sigelei 100w plus only does 0.1 or 0.2 or 0.3 so if I put a 0.47 it will say 0.5 if I put a 0.43 it will say 0.4 big difference when you go below 0.3 ohms best to check on ohm meter first.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And study ohms law so you get an idea what your battery can handle with amps draw.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors