Become a Patron!

Looking for suggestions for next rda purchase

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My girlfriend is looking for a new rda. She is using an airek right now.. But she is not completely satisfied. She's used a mutation v2 and liked it aside from the limited build space. She likes my fish bone but is afraid she will snap the glass.

I suggested she try a Kennedy v2. Is there anything else we should look into. She's more into flavor than anything. But she's had to up the wire size to get what she wants out of it.

If you all need any further info, let me know and, just really wanna keep the old lady happy and away from cigarettes.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I showed her the sapor. She's a little worried about the airflow. Have you personally used one? Anything you can compare it to. Like a REM, maybe?

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Phenotype L its a 2 post. Gigantic holes and very wide open airflow

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I showed her the sapor. She's a little worried about the airflow. Have you personally used one? Anything you can compare it to. Like a REM, maybe?
Out of 57 RDAs, the Sapor is one of them. However, I don't have a REM. Similar to the Airek would be the IGO-M V2. If you're looking for a build deck, that's easy to build on, the Velocity (original, or Tobeco) would be a good choice. Besides the unique two post design, the airflow provides many options. Therefore, it depends on your build, and how you adjust the airflow, how much flavor you can get.
If you need a larger build deck, you might want to look into RDAs that are specifically designed for the 26650 mech mods (28-30 mm RDAs), like the Castor RDA, Mutation XL V3, Alliance 26650, Brass Monkee, Vapewell.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Phenotype L its a 2 post. Gigantic holes and very wide open airflow

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Phenotype L looks promising. Seems like a Petri rda that had more thought put into it. Might get one for myself.

Honestly, she may be getting a Twisted Messes. I think it would be a good middle ground for build space and airflow.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Out of 57 RDAs, the Sapor is one of them. However, I don't have a REM. Similar to the Airek would be the IGO-M V2. If you're looking for a build deck, that's easy to build on, the Velocity (original, or Tobeco) would be a good choice. Besides the unique two post design, the airflow provides many options. Therefore, it depends on your build, and how you adjust the airflow, how much flavor you can get.
If you need a larger build deck, you might want to look into RDAs that are specifically designed for the 26650 mech mods (28-30 mm RDAs), like the Castor RDA, Mutation XL V3, Alliance 26650, Brass Monkee, Vapewell.

The Sapor is a definite contender. Though, the IGO-M doesn't seem like it would do her well.. She has a bad habit of over dripping. That and the only mechs I have are hybrid, which makes over dripping a little worse. She getting better about it, though.

How well does the Velocity perform? It's interesting looking to say the least.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...Honestly, she may be getting a Twisted Messes. I think it would be a good middle ground for build space and airflow...
Yes, the Twisted Messes is also a nice RDA. Large post holes for Fused Clapton coils, and other fancy coils. Another plus, you can do either a single coil, or dual coil build.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Sapor is a definite contender. Though, the IGO-M doesn't seem like it would do her well.. She has a bad habit of over dripping. That and the only mechs I have are hybrid, which makes over dripping a little worse. She getting better about it, though.

How well does the Velocity perform? It's interesting looking to say the least.
I have the Tobeco clone of the Velocity. However, it performs as good as the original. Here's a review

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, the Twisted Messes is also a nice RDA. Large post holes for Fused Clapton coils, and other fancy coils. Another plus, you can do either a single coil, or dual coil build.

I'm not one for building fancy coils.. Well anything as extravagant as Fused Claptons. I've made a handful of Claptons, but I tend to stick with Twisted 26 dual builds. Or dual 22g kanthal 8/7s. The old lady is trying to learn to build on her own. But she doesn't have the patience to practice.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Sapor is a definite contender. Though, the IGO-M doesn't seem like it would do her well.. She has a bad habit of over dripping....
If she's using the small airflow holes on the Airek, the Sapor (w/ the wide drip tip) has a better airflow than that. The advantage of getting the Sapor, it would not matter as much if she's over dripping, due to the airflow coming from top (she might get some spitt back though; that'll teach her :)).

Last edited:

SoCal_Son

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Easiest RDAs to mount and center are those with two posts. The build decks are wide enough and there is no center post to take away space from the juice well. Problem with the coils placed atop airflow holes are the leaks you inevitably get coming out from the side or bottom af holes.

SoCal Son

VU Sponsors