Become a Patron!

Looking for Squonk Recommendations!

Scorpia939

Member For 1 Year
Hey Guys and Gals!

I’m looking into getting myself a regulated squonker. So far I am leaning towards the GeekVape Gbox 200w, I like the look and from the reviews I’ve read/seen it’s a pretty good over all Mod. That being said does anyone have any intel or preference on a differ mod/this one? I am looking for something that comes with an RDA already but i am willing to buy another atty to slap on top. Thanks for ready and the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was excited for the gbox when it came out, until I help one in a local vape shop, it’s big, bulky, and feels hollow. I didn’t like the way it felt and I don’t care for the Kanger dripbox either for similar reason plus crappy performance.

Aren’t many dual battery regulated squonkers out yet, I am just going to build my own.

Scorpia939

Member For 1 Year
I was excited for the gbox when it came out, until I help one in a local vape shop, it’s big, bulky, and feels hollow. I didn’t like the way it felt and I don’t care for the Kanger dripbox either for similar reason plus crappy performance.

Aren’t many dual battery regulated squonkers out yet, I am just going to build my own.
Ok ya I knew it was big but I kind of liked the thought of having a bigger mod, but you saying it feels hollow makes me rethink that. I am far from building myself a mod as of right now haha

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've the Gbox, and I feel it's merely "hand-filling", rather than bulky or dainty, (I can hold it with finger and thumb and gearshift fine).

I've tried the Pulse-24, and it's back in the box to dispose of.. The Haku (clone) and Wasp Nano (Authentic) are the two RDA I use with it. Excellent size, buildability and flavor.

I would absolutely recommend the Gbox, if you are willing to remove the Proprietary Bottle hw and stick in a regular sqounk bottle. I also pulled the cover Torx and switched in some Neomags so I could pop off the cover as required, With a soft silicone bottle and the neomags, it's just sweet as pie. (If you want to order neomags, I can look them up - I shared the SKU with someone else who may happen along today).

Neomags or not, I'd also recommend one of the "large" bottles that thread into the 510 to fill from outside - they work great and even 30ml will let you refill several times, so usually about 3 days.

NOTE:
The "hollow-feeling" is due to the cover/shroud over the bottle-system. Magnets. Silicone. Done. ;-P

Scorpia939

Member For 1 Year
I've the Gbox, and I feel it's merely "hand-filling", rather than bulky or dainty, (I can hold it with finger and thumb and gearshift fine).

I've tried the Pulse-24, and it's back in the box to dispose of.. The Haku (clone) and Wasp Nano (Authentic) are the two RDA I use with it. Excellent size, buildability and flavor.

I would absolutely recommend the Gbox, if you are willing to remove the Proprietary Bottle hw and stick in a regular sqounk bottle. I also pulled the cover Torx and switched in some Neomags so I could pop off the cover as required, With a soft silicone bottle and the neomags, it's just sweet as pie. (If you want to order neomags, I can look them up - I shared the SKU with someone else who may happen along today).

Neomags or not, I'd also recommend one of the "large" bottles that thread into the 510 to fill from outside - they work great and even 30ml will let you refill several times, so usually about 3 days.

NOTE:
The "hollow-feeling" is due to the cover/shroud over the bottle-system. Magnets. Silicone. Done. ;-P
I am in it for the Flavor, would you sat the Atty that comes with the Gbox is any good for that? the videos ive watched all say "Great Flavor" but i always fell like they say that no matter the mod/atty. I get the impression they could be vaping out of a hollow piece of birch and say "Unreal flavor from this Birch log 510 Vape master" haha

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am in it for the Flavor, would you sat the Atty that comes with the Gbox is any good for that? the videos ive watched all say "Great Flavor" but i always fell like they say that no matter the mod/atty. I get the impression they could be vaping out of a hollow piece of birch and say "Unreal flavor from this Birch log 510 Vape master" haha
Single coil for flavor and battery life I don't have that one but if I remember correctly it's dual coil.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flavor can be had or lost in almost any attie, depends a lot on the build, coil positioning, how you draw air, etc.

I get great flavor from my goon V1.5 and most say the flavor in that attie is lackluster.
I have had some that I hated at first due to lack of flavor, but after playing with the build and coil placement, I got the flavor I was after.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I skipped their kit-rda and just bought the mod. I already had the big honking RDA that came with the Hugo Sqounk kit and I had ordered the pulse-24 to use.

I didn't like either RDA and quickly reviewed VU and ordered the Wasp Nano - and the Authentic was only $10, so I also ordered the Haku-clone as it looked similar to the Wasp. Both work extremely well.

The pulse-24 and nameless Hugo RDA's can entirely swap topcaps, (and they fit better that way), but.. Meh.. 24mm - pass. I like the single-coil dinky RDA's on the squonker.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There's a wood diy kit for dual battery on eBay. Same as this. Comes with everything. Just needs stain or whatever you want.
4b5cff45899a6631c473d3e53fd56f98.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I will look into that.
40 bucks.just put it together yourself. I put a different 510 in mine so had to modify it just a bit but I love it. I got the single 20700. But they have dual 18650 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
reason plus crappy performance.

Such as?

Mine I got in December works great, so does the original Gbox before it that I got about a year ago....

am in it for the Flavor, would you sat the Atty that comes with the Gbox is any good for that?

I've never built the one that came with mine - supposedly its okay - but most atties that come with squonkers suck - don't know why they do that

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@JuicyLucy
If I am not mistaken, you vape at a low wattage? I bought the dripbox to squonk at a higher wattage than my single battery devices were capable of, I didn’t feel it delivered quite the output it claimed.

VU Sponsors