Become a Patron!

Looking for recipes for Dulce de Leche

Margie

Member For 4 Years
Just got some new TFA flavors in and have never used Dulce de Leche in a recipe. Thought I might try mixing with CAP Vanilla Custard. The flavoring is in the 4oz size so I could really use some more recipes. Thanks in advance.

L

LadyRed69

Here is one of mine:

Creamy Nut
All TPA

5% horehound
5% sweet cream,
5% vanilla swirl
2% toasted almond
1% lime
1% dulce de leche

Remember, it only takes a bit for DDL to take over a juice, use sparingly!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Spiced Caramel Apple

4% Hangsen Apple Mix aka Apple/Cinnamon/Cranberry
1% to 1.5% TFA Dulce de Leche

Margie

Member For 4 Years
Here is one of mine:

Creamy Nut
All TPA

5% horehound
5% sweet cream,
5% vanilla swirl
2% toasted almond
1% lime
1% dulce de leche

Remember, it only takes a bit for DDL to take over a juice, use sparingly!

I have all those flavors except horehound. I remember that candy flavor from my childhood days. Is there a substitute flavor that you could recommend or should I just put horehound on my next shopping list?

L

LadyRed69

You could try absinthe, but it would not be the same.

Margie

Member For 4 Years
You could try absinthe, but it would not be the same.
Thanks, looks like I should stick to horehound. The memory of the horehound candy I had as a child is too faded, don't even remember if I liked it or not. I know I like the other ingredients and your recipe got me very curious as well as reminded me of a forgotton piece of my childhood.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Try dulce de leche in place of caramel flavors, when you don't want caramel-candy flavor.

Margie

Member For 4 Years
Try dulce de leche in place of caramel flavors, when you don't want caramel-candy flavor.

I will be mixing a 555 blend tomorrow, how do you think it would work to replace caramel?
555 (MBV) 6%
French Vanilla (TFA) 4%
Marshmellow (FW) 4%
Caramel 4%

The 1st batch I did was 5% 555, it was pretty good after a few weeks. It's been 2 months now and it is delicious and only a few drops left.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I will be mixing a 555 blend tomorrow, how do you think it would work to replace caramel?

I'm not familiar with that 555 flavor, but I wouldn't start with more than 2% Dulce de Leche. If someone who knows that tobacco replies, definitely take their advice over mine.

L

LadyRed69

If it was good at 5% last time, i'd keep it the same this time, but make a smaller batch @6% for testing.
It is easy to add to, but to take away is harder.

VU Sponsors