Become a Patron!

Looking for my first Squonk mod

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,

New to all of this and learning a lot here; absolutely love vaping and this site. On day 22 of my quit (last cig on 2/3) and enjoying the journey. Started as a MTLer, but starting to explore. Even building a few coils.

Looking for my first squonk mod and would like some suggestions. I've picked up an Ammit MTL RDA and a Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA and looking for a squonk mod (regulated) to start out, and would like some input from the experts here.

Thinking about a Pulse BF 80w, but then I saw a Topside 200w dual squonk box mod. The Pulse 80w would certainly meet my initial needs but that topside feed looks nice. All my attys are single coil so I don't need 200w (yet). But I tend to might-as-well myself up quite easily.

Being a beginner, any advice on these mods? Others I should consider? Other RDAs?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,

New to all of this and learning a lot here; absolutely love vaping and this site. On day 22 of my quit (last cig on 2/3) and enjoying the journey. Started as a MTLer, but starting to explore. Even building a few coils.

Looking for my first squonk mod and would like some suggestions. I've picked up an Ammit MTL RDA and a Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA and looking for a squonk mod (regulated) to start out, and would like some input from the experts here.

Thinking about a Pulse BF 80w, but then I saw a Topside 200w dual squonk box mod. The Pulse 80w would certainly meet my initial needs but that topside feed looks nice. All my attys are single coil so I don't need 200w (yet). But I tend to might-as-well myself up quite easily.

Being a beginner, any advice on these mods? Others I should consider? Other RDAs?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I don't have the Topside but many here seem to hold it in high regard. I do have two Pulse 80w and they are solid mods. If I didn't have the two pulses I would definitely look at the topside.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have the Topside but many here seem to hold it in high regard. I do have two Pulse 80w and they are solid mods. If I didn't have the two pulses I would definitely look at the topside.
I do like that topside and reviewers seem to also. Local B&M has the dual and it seems like overkill; if they had a single I'd jump on it. I'm sort of impatient.

Thanks,
Mike

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The local B&M has the dual, I've got cash. Ordering the single will show up on the credit card. I've been doing enough explaining lately.

Unless I'd regret the dual, I'm leaning that way.

I can understand that. I just spent over $700 (with permission) from income tax refund on new vape toys. Last night I bought 4 more batteries and another mod without permission. I'mm be explaining too.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you'll enjoy the dual. Since you are vaping mtl, your batteries should last a couple of days per charge. The mod is solid from every review I have seen and honestly if it came with an rda is get one, but I'm getting the Pulse Dual myself because even with the rda separate it is about the same price as the Topside Dual by itself. And it is a good setup too.

Congrats on you quit and welcome to VU. I'll be interested to know whatyou think of the setup you get. I hope you really enjoy squonking like so many of us here.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard nothing but good on the dual.. performance, battery life. I held one and personally did not like feel. With that said done... someone say DS..i live em.. yep i said live them.. on sale too for 75.00

Welcome to vu
b04805654839e31eccd8236851924fca.jpg
682451dd9fd1df481c54c01dd6b63aad.jpg

#staycloudy

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you'll enjoy the dual. Since you are vaping mtl, your batteries should last a couple of days per charge. The mod is solid from every review I have seen and honestly if it came with an rda is get one, but I'm getting the Pulse Dual myself because even with the rda separate it is about the same price as the Topside Dual by itself. And it is a good setup too.

Congrats on you quit and welcome to VU. I'll be interested to know whatyou think of the setup you get. I hope you really enjoy squonking like so many of us here.

Thanks midknight. I considered the Pulse dual, but none are available locally, and I'd like to touch/feel before I buy. Also, I hate to have that be the determining factor but as I mentioned above it's just easier to pick something up locally and keep it under the radar. I've been vaping for less than a month and I don't typically just dip my toe in the water if you get my drift. I've had several things show up at the door and someone I love dearly can't quite understand the need to go for total immersion :D. If the dual topside wasn't local I wouldn't just get anything available, but since it's getting great reviews and feels reasonably good in my hand (TBH I wish it was a little more "tacky" like the Ohm Boy Rage, but not that big a deal) I think I'll go with that. I have a couple bf attys so the kit is not a requirement, although the dual pulse looks like a better deal.

Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

Thanks for the input, I'll come back with comments later.

Mike

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard nothing but good on the dual.. performance, battery life. I held one and personally did not like feel. With that said done... someone say DS..i live em.. yep i said live them.. on sale too for 75.00

Welcome to vu

#staycloudy
Thanks bx. Nice collection there. I'm working on it. :cloud:

I assume by "DS" you mean the Defiant Designs DS dual squonk (I'm still learning here)? Looks like a mech mod? I'm still new enough that I want to stay with a regulated mod until I'm further down the road. Just staying cautious for now.

Thanks for the input,
Mike

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks bx. Nice collection there. I'm working on it. :cloud:

I assume by "DS" you mean the Defiant Designs DS dual squonk (I'm still learning here)? Looks like a mech mod? I'm still new enough that I want to stay with a regulated mod until I'm further down the road. Just staying cautious for now.

Thanks for the input,
Mike
Thx...i actually got confused when u said TS...duh. u meant topside. I thought u were referring to defiants mods. Eother way..good luck on deciding

#staycloudy

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
but I'm getting the Pulse Dual myself
I've read on Reddit people are having trouble with theirs. Something about a leaky 510 and liquid going to the switch. Some are auto-firing. I don't know how wide spread the issue is but some there think it's a big deal. Not trying to tell you what to buy, only what I've been reading about.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read on Reddit people are having trouble with theirs. Something about a leaky 510 and liquid going to the switch. Some are auto-firing. I don't know how wide spread the issue is but some there think it's a big deal. Not trying to tell you what to buy, only what I've been reading about.
Frank,

Just to clarify you're talking about the Pulse Dual, and not the Dovpo Topside dual, right?

Thanks,
Mike

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
I have a single battery pulse x BF and I love it! I bought a profile RDA to use with my pulse and you can't get much better than that! If the pulse X isn't your 1st choice please make it your 2nd because you will love it I promise! Also another great squonker I would recommend would be the ohm boy rage its a dual battery setup and with the right RDA you'll be set! I myself also have a voopoo drag 2 177w and would like a great RTA because I like building my own coils. If anyone can recommend a really good RTA please let me know,thanks!!

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a single battery pulse x BF and I love it! I bought a profile RDA to use with my pulse and you can't get much better than that! If the pulse X isn't your 1st choice please make it your 2nd because you will love it I promise! Also another great squonker I would recommend would be the ohm boy rage its a dual battery setup and with the right RDA you'll be set! I myself also have a voopoo drag 2 177w and would like a great RTA because I like building my own coils. If anyone can recommend a really good RTA please let me know,thanks!!
Kaees stacked....beast rta imo

#staycloudy

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to completely hijack the OP's thread, but I'm partial to the Dead Rabbit RTA. very easy to build and wick.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, my apologies to the OP. I like the dead rabbit also, have thought about getting it,thanks man.

No worries. There's a ton of good ones out there. It's really going to depend on what your looking for in the vape? Airy, restricted, clouds, flavor. The list goes on.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In light of what Just Frank was saying, I think I'm going with Rage then, but I like the Pulse v2 rda. I love the way that one is set up and it has a decent juice well. Anybody know where to get extra bottled though?

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In light of what Just Frank was saying, I think I'm going with Rage then, but I like the Pulse v2 rda. I love the way that one is set up and it has a decent juice well. Anybody know where to get extra bottled though?

For the rage? Recoil sells em..
87ec329f37928dab5747cd2af6cb4d96.jpg
c961a767608923a7e828dcf68a20cfa9.jpg

#staycloudy

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

"Peanuts! Peanuts to you!" -- Chico Marx

Some are auto-firing.

I read that about the Gloom clones. Not sure the one I got was doing auto fire but there seemed some battery trouble. Had to keep swapping batteries out. Knew I had a reasonable build on the deck. Not exactly sure why the batteries were dropping their charge so rapidly. I'm letting the mod set off to itself without a battery for a bit. Sometimes gremlins will find their way clear of something. I really like the Gloom style, it's very nice to use, although not regulate as the OP sought.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*shaking my head* "Weirdo." :) I wasn't going to tell anybody but it seems they already know I'm a dork & freak so, might as well.
Wow, my mind was nowhere near there when I made that post. That's unusual for me. Props for you on that one. LOL

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, my mind was nowhere near there when I made that post. That's unusual for me. Props for you on that one. LOL

My mind, she, seem to be a how you say, she is all over the place and she is indeed a deep, deep, well. :) Not sure why I was in the field just then. Might have been the aliens yet again, possibly it was from being a tired old man. *chuckles* I read it and well, there it was.

VU Sponsors