Become a Patron!

Looking for help from Flavor Chasers

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I just got my mom to switch from smoking to vaping, she is wanting a good flavor tank, tight draw (mtl hit), with a "middle ground for vapor clouds." I pointed her towards the Herakles Plus for now, but if anyone has any other/better suggestions I'd like your input. I go more for clouds and use RDA's so flavor tanks are just a step or two out of my realm. (under $50.00 and preferably low maintenance no TC and definitely no RDA's) :) thank you in advance.

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, since this is a 'Mom thing' and she wants a tank, and a tight draw, you might want to roll all the way back to ye olde Aspire Nautilus. But I would only recommend that if she is not using high VG liquids. (The coils don't last long or produce much flavor with high VG liquids.) Adjustable air flow and it can be set really tight.

She might even like the fact that she can disassemble it for cleaning - only 3 parts.

There is a Nautilus 2 out now but I haven't tried it.

Last edited:

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
She does have the irritation sensitivity to PG vaping. She use primarily 70/30 mixes (vg/pg)

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do appreciate the input though. I thought about the Nautilus when I told her about the Herakles but I wasn't 100% sure about it, quality wise. I have a friend that swears by the Herakles though lol

HellbillyRJ

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A new kit would work too I was just informed. She's now looking that the vaporesso target pro 75w kit.

HellbillyRJ

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
She does have the irritation sensitivity to PG vaping. She use primarily 70/30 mixes (vg/pg)

HellbillyRJ

Not that it helps with the tank quest, but if it's "only" an irritation thing that may go away. If she's in the transition phase from smoking to vaping there's a bunch of stuff to be sorted out until/while the lungs are clearing. After 30 years of smoking I couldn't inhale vape at all when I started without going into choking fits.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not that it helps with the tank quest, but if it's "only" an irritation thing that may go away. If she's in the transition phase from smoking to vaping there's a bunch of stuff to be sorted out until/while the lungs are clearing. After 30 years of smoking I couldn't inhale vape at all when I started without going into choking fits.
Well, I'm almost positive it's not a full on allergy, but the coughing fits she goes into with the high of and 50/50 mixes do pose an issue with her asthma and copd she doesn't have the same fits with my 70/30 juices though. She first started vaping a few years ago and quit before I did the first time. She gave up on vaping because if the abundance of the high pg juices and scarcity of high vg juice. So, the vg is working for her now, I'd prefer not to try to switch it up on her lol. I gather started with my Kanger topbox kit and a few extra baby beast tanks I had laying around. But she's only been vaping again (with the new tech) for about 2 weeks or so. Last time was when eGo batteries were all that you could really.

HellbillyRJ

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I might have sold her one one lol. It's the Innokin iTaste EZ.TC Vaping System. Seems like a good (simple) set up and since it only uses the pre-built SS coils it shouldn't cause her too many problems.

Still accepting input though, and thank you @Rickajho for your input buddy.

HellbillyRJ

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think that's what she had the first time around. I think she had the eGo Twist at one point too, which was still relatively new at the time to kind of give you a time frame lol

HellbillyRJ

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
No - eGo One is a completely different animal. There's even sub ohm coils for it.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oooh I thought you were talking about the original ego pens lol sorry. I am still pretty new to the evolved world of mods and shit myself, but I am more into the high power mods and RDA's that pretty much everyone talks about already.

I will look at the ego one though too :) thanks again.

HellbillyRJ

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do appreciate the input though. I thought about the Nautilus when I told her about the Herakles but I wasn't 100% sure about it, quality wise. I have a friend that swears by the Herakles though lol

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick.

I agree with your friend, at least about the original bottom fill Herakles for the use you describe. Can use 1.8 ceramic coil for more moderate clouds and tighter draw with a little more throat hit.

Pretty similar but top fill are Tobeco Super Tank or Mini. Can use Aspire coils as well as their own. Both above ohm 1.8 coil for mtl, or sub ohm options. The Atlantis EVO is supposed to be ok too.

Any of these and their coils are easy to find and not expensive.

Finally, some of the new Smok products, like the Spirals, Brit, osub kit, etc.

DaRodent

Member For 4 Years
You might also look at the Innokin Kroma. My wife is strictly MTL and likes things simple and it gives decent flavour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors