Become a Patron!

Looking for ANOTHER box... Have an ipv3

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there another box that can rival or surpass the ipv3 in quality and ability? The "dudes at the vape shop" say its the "best one out". But I plan to use this one as a beater and have another box to - well..... Just have and use (you all know what I mean lol). Another ipv3? Looking at approximately the same price range- or a little more. No Vicious Ant b/c I would be beat to death by a certain lady I know. My ipv mini just won't do it for me at work or in the car anymore. Dual batts just put it to shame.

Recommendations please?

With the way the market is going, I know there is something new almost weekly- should I wait a little?

Thanks in advance for all your help...

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have an IPV3 and a Sigelei 100+. I'm watching the IPV4 and considering heat protection with the DNA 40 Vapor Flask clones or something new in that area.

Last edited:

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
Check out the XPRO M50, M65, I have the 65 with replaceable batteries. They came out with a M65 Plus but you can't replace the battery and that is a deal breaker for me. I have been hitting the M65 hard with a Atlantis and it rocks around 25 to 35 watts. I see no reason to above this level, at least not for me. YMMV???

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
If the SG's 100's get any cheaper I may just have to order one. I don't need that type of wattage, I would buy one because they tend to be very reliable. YMMV??

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there another box that can rival or surpass the ipv3 in quality and ability? The "dudes at the vape shop" say its the "best one out". But I plan to use this one as a beater and have another box to - well..... Just have and use (you all know what I mean lol). Another ipv3? Looking at approximately the same price range- or a little more. No Vicious Ant b/c I would be beat to death by a certain lady I know. My ipv mini just won't do it for me at work or in the car anymore. Dual batts just put it to shame.

Recommendations please?

With the way the market is going, I know there is something new almost weekly- should I wait a little?

take a look at the sx mini by Yihi. really nice box mod. in fact, you can enter to win one for free here:http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-vaporjoes-50-000-000-hit-giveaway.55488/unread

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OP - what's the max amount of $ you are looking to spend?

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
200.... Has to be a dual batt....

I went from an ipv mini to an ipv3 and have an authentic Dimitri- dual batts just rock...

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks again for all your help VU

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check these out - http://www.milehighmods.com/

been hearing really good things and I'm sure @Fictitious Character can chime in about how his has been working out

Hell yeah I love talking about this mod, but I love using it even more lol.

Recommendations please?

The Mile High Mods is well above the ipv3. I have an ipv3 and while it is a good device and I like it, the MHM is different animal. imo the MHM seems like it will still be working long after many of the other mods have bit the dust. Also unlike some other higher end mods it is readily available without a pre-order or waiting a couple months to be built. You should check them out and see if they are for you. Here is a thread I started on it. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mile-high-mods-nucleus-v1-0.52992/#post-310299

Last edited:

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
MHM.. Very interesting- I'm pretty sucked in by it. Gonna do some more research! Thanks for the links !!! I may have one soon- if I can find a way to hide it lol.

One question- since it has that port... I'm assuming there are planned upgrades in the future for the firmware?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MHM.. Very interesting- I'm pretty sucked in by it. Gonna do some more research! Thanks for the links !!! I may have one soon- if I can find a way to hide it lol.

One question- since it has that port... I'm assuming there are planned upgrades in the future for the firmware?
Yes with the SX350 chip I believe it can be upgraded at some point up to 150w but as of right now I have not seen any upgrades from YIHI or any vendors that sell devices with an upgrade or upgrate as they like to say. Not sure where I saw the 150w capacity but that is what I recall. Here is the chip info http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX350-100w-283290.html

The MHM Nucleus is a solid bad ass mod imo. The owner is pretty responsive and would likely answer any and all your questions. If you pick one up let me know as it gives me another person to chat with that has one, and I would be interested in hearing your take on the mod.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fictitious... I think you've made my mind up for me lol.... Gimme a little time and we will chat about it lol...

Again - THANKS ALL!!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fictitious... I think you've made my mind up for me lol.... Gimme a little time and we will chat about it lol...

Again - THANKS ALL!!

I take full credit for your happiness ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Again - THANKS ALL!!
That would/will be awesome. I am not sure of the exact production numbers but I believe there might have only been 125- 150 or so made so far, so finding people that has one to chat with and understands how awesome they are is always cool. Matter of fact it was through my own research and discussions with other friendly owners on the forums that was the final push that lead to me picking one up.

I take full credit for your happiness ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol you got it VC credit is all yours.

Last edited:

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Sigelei 100+ last week and its all I have been using now. $85 shipped from ebay. Still not sure what I need 50+ watts for, but the dual battery is nice to have.

VU Sponsors