Become a Patron!

Looking for a wholesale flavoring site/Can I use LorAnn candy flavors?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for a new supplier for my DIY flavoring. I get my Nic, VG, PG and hardware from Liquid Barn, but they're really limited on the extracts they offer. I have a sales tax ID so I can buy wholesale. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Or, could I go to hobby lobby and get the LorAnn candy flavors and use them?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for a new supplier for my DIY flavoring. I get my Nic, VG, PG and hardware from Liquid Barn, but they're really limited on the extracts they offer. I have a sales tax ID so I can buy wholesale. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Or, could I go to hobby lobby and get the LorAnn candy flavors and use them?
If that's all you use, no - you'll be totally disappointed with LorAnn. Most of us use TFA, Flavor Art, Capella, Inawera!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that's all you use, no - you'll be totally disappointed with LorAnn. Most of us use TFA, Flavor Art, Capella, Inawera!
This - there are some people that use some LorAnn flavors, but be careful because some LA extracts contain oils, something you definitely want to avoid. For small scale mixers I recommend Bull City Vapor or E-Cig Express, if you're buying in bulk Nicotine River is the way to go...

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it's safe to say that they can last 2 years in plastic and even longer in glass. Talking from experience with no difference in flavor on some of the stuff sitting in plastic. There were deft some that I had to toss out

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's safe to say that they can last 2 years in plastic and even longer in glass. Talking from experience with no difference in flavor on some of the stuff sitting in plastic. There were deft some that I had to toss out
Not all. There are flavors I've had to toss out after a year. It depends on the flavoring!

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you everyone for your suggestions so far. I can't keep flavors long. I vape like a chimney lol. I also make juice for my friends and family, so most of my flavors are gone in 6mo for 15ml bottles. I'm limited on cost, so I can't do the $100-$150 min orders. I don't sell because I don't make mine in a lab or anything. Just at home. Unless shop will buy them?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh my, I'm going broke already. Put a bunch in my cart and want them really bad, lol

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to DIY :p

Don't worry, it may feel like your going broke, but by the time you've used all that flavoring you will have saved well over 10x the money you would have spent buying liquid.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One of the other things about some of those store bought flavors (besides the fact that some contain oil) is that some contain food coloring. :(

Not to derail the thread, but does anyone know the best way to extend the shelf life of the flavorings? Is it merely keep in a cool, dark place, is it keep in the fridge, or should flavors that are seldom used be put in the freezer?

I've seen some people say that flavorings shouldn't be put in freezer, or even fridge, but have heard the opposite as well.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Back to the subject of flavors - over all, my preference is Flavor Art, though TFA has some good profiles as well, and for some flavors I like TFA's version better (each has their own spin on flavors; e.g. each company's strawberry is completely different). Inawera has some flavor profiles that you won't find anything from other companies that's even remotely similar to them.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to DIY

Don't worry, it may feel like your going broke, but by the time you've used all that flavoring you will have saved well over 10x the money you would have spent buying liquid.
Yeah, i know they're around $21 per 30ml around here. I can make my concentrates last quite a while. But with all that i have in my shopping cart, I can fill all the requests for juice from people I know lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to DIY

But I've been DIYing for about a year now

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors