Become a Patron!

Looking for a Rebuildable Tank

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey yall, I've got some interest in a rebuildable tank... and just to be clear, I'd like to be able to build my own coils/wicking for the tank, instead of just buying replacement heads. Ideally, the tank would be large in capacity and hold a good amount of juice. I've done "some" looking around, but I haven't seen too much discussion on this exact topic (as far as recommendations, etc) so I'm here. So, recommendations, please! Pics would be awesome, too, if you are using the setup you're recommending.

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the kangertech subtank mini which holds 4.5mls of juice, uses either replaceable OCC coils if you want something quick and easy, but also includes an RBA base so you can build your own coils & wick your own. Also comes with a spare glass tube for the tank and another set of replacement seals. They also have the new subtank plus which is pretty much the same except it holds 7 mls of liquid.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I've used/reviewed in the past! The Original Kanger Sub-Tank, but I *Highly Recommend* the Kanger Sub-Tank Plus! The airflow is straight through, you don't have to change out the top piece like the original. You can use the drop in heads, or you can use the re-buildable deck ;) 7ml Tank Capacity, Super Thick O-Rings! **Recommended**

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Eleaf Lemo Drop. Or, better yet, Lemo 2! Easy filling, simple design and good airflow. And the flavor, oh, the flavor. The flavor is of the best in single coil tanks. Or dual for that matter.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Same as above ^ Lemo , Lemo Drop or Lemo 2 and they wont break the bank !

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have several subtank minis I use with the RBA base and I love them! Also the Infinite/Tobeco clones of the Kayfun V4 (if you like MTL)

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am a die hard Taifun lover! Only problem is that I don't think they have glass tanks. Single coil, can change wick and coil without draining, huge capacity.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I own a Goliath, Goblin, and Billow. Want to guess which one my favorite is everyone? The Billow. It's the least fussy. Easiest to build. Works better than perfect on a mech and at 75 watts on a box. Has a 5 ml juice capacity and doesn't gobble down the ejuice like the other two. It's smaller airflow but the tight draw promotes strong vacuum in the tank for speedy wicking. I NEVER leave the house without my billow, the others work great but they're just not as trusty. Maybe @Sully wants to back me up here (or make another suggestion)? I won't say it doesn't leak on its side, mine hasn't but I'm careful. If I had to buy a second of any of these tanks, it'd be a Billow. That statement stands against my Atlantis and Arctic, too.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sub Tank Mini fan here. I have two running RBAs. No leaks, great flavor.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so looking further into a subtank plus, can i direct lung hit it for long draws and chain vape on it, without issues?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, but you probably don't want the plus as it's 25mm. The subtank mini is 22mm and has the same features.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't intend to use stock coils and only rebuild there are much better options then the Subtank.
Try Goblin, Silverplay, Goliath, Lemo2.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
and for best flavor AND cloud, which one of those would you recommend as the number one contender?

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
If your looking into a kanger, I would bet a mini plus and nano plus will come out come out before before too long.

I have a billow, really like it, decently easy to wick so it doesn't leak while upright, harder to wick to not leak while on it's on it's side, but is possible. Bottom filling is a pain, I've went to top filling by unscrewing the top, I'm about 50/50 on flooding the deck and not flooding it. Unless you spend 5 minutes slowly bottom filling, you're gonna back up in the screw fill and waste juice anyhow. I don't have that patience, takes 30 seconds to top fill and may flood.

I'm not a rba expert, have a kayfun 3.1, orchid and fogger, the billow is the only one I still use.

I was really eyeing the goblin, as it looks great, hearing good things, and was getting fed up with billow side leaking and filling. Once I got the kinks worked out I'm a bit more content. What has really caught my eye is the cthulhu, it looks about the same as the goblin with some minor upgrades, but probably the most substantial is the top fill feature. It is new, so it is probably hard to find.

Probably the biggest thing is whether you want single or double coil. Seems that a lemo or subtank are the go to for single coils and billow or goblin for double coils. .... although they are newer the goliath and cthulhu look good (especially the cthulhu).

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have original. I didn't use it much because I found the issues it had made me hate it. But the flavor was great!!!! I am going for the lemo 2 and am pretty excited

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
Asking for the most flavorful cloud machine is like asking for the largest, most fuel efficient vehicle. ; ) .... if only the derringer was a tank.

I forgot the lemo 2 was out ...I prefer the warmer vape of a dual coil.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and for best flavor AND cloud, which one of those would you recommend as the number one contender?
You can't have the best of both, you have to choose either better flavor OR vapor.

Got both Goblin and Lemo, both produce nice vapor and reasonable flavor, the goblin is better then the Lemo.
Goliath is supposed the be similar to the Goblin with filling similar to the Kayfun4 and adjustable liquid flow.
To be honest, none of the tanks I own or tried come even close to the flavor of my flavor oriented RDAs: Marquis, Derringer and Veritas.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lemo 2 is propably the best bang for your buck. So far it has outperformed every other single coil tank i've tried, including the clearos.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a goblin v1.2 and a fasttech silverplay v1.2 with kayfun bell caps
BIGBOYVAPER

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got my Lemo 2 in today. It has more airflow,and the sliding top fill. It also comes with organic cotton.It didn't leak when filled it Its a good tank. Only thing wrong with it is the wide drip tip.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What's up with the drip tip?
Its too big and wide. The bore is wide, yes, but it tapers down to a regular 510 in the bottom and feels uncomfortable. Some may like it, i dont. I use the driptip from a Subtank Nano, its perfect.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Clearly what I asked was poorly interpreted by some. I'm probably just going to stick with dripping into RDAs until I can physically see some of these tanks. I wouldn't mind dual coil and definitely need top fill. Thanks for the input yall.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
OH As for another Awesome Tank *even though it's not rebuildable* is the Herakles Tank! Excellent Vapor & Superb Flavor! ;)

VU Sponsors