Become a Patron!

Looking for a new tank

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What else is new right? I'd like something in the ballpark of 60 to 80 watts. Decent juice capacity and most importantly something that has good coils (flavor, vape and coil life). What is out there that is good?

I've eyeballed the Voopoo Uforce as well as the Vaporesso Cascade. Both seem decent. I really disliked the Crown III and the Cleito 120 coils just flat out suck. Those coils constantly need to be "burped". Also, I never have liked the Smok tanks. Feel free to throw out recommendations. I'd like something that I can get from a US online source.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Fireluke Pro, Fireluke Mesh, and Arco 2 are on my radar for what you describe. Waiting to see more real life feedback on all of these, not just YouTube infomercials.

Cleito 120 was my worst vape fail ever. Never got any consistency from it.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fireluke Pro, Fireluke Mesh, and Arco 2 are on my radar for what you describe. Waiting to see more real life feedback on all of these, not just YouTube infomercials.

Cleito 120 was my worst vape fail ever. Never got any consistency from it.
The Firelukes are hard to beat. I'd suggest them.
I've been using Firelukes for a couple months now.
I'm digging the prince tank atm but he said no Smok

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What else is new right? I'd like something in the ballpark of 60 to 80 watts. Decent juice capacity and most importantly something that has good coils (flavor, vape and coil life). What is out there that is good?

I've eyeballed the Voopoo Uforce as well as the Vaporesso Cascade. Both seem decent. I really disliked the Crown III and the Cleito 120 coils just flat out suck. Those coils constantly need to be "burped". Also, I never have liked the Smok tanks. Feel free to throw out recommendations. I'd like something that I can get from a US online source.
Fireluke Mesh runs well in that wattage range. The coils perform well. Its a new style so nobody really know how long the coils last but I'm guessing long. Mines been over a week and hasn't shown signs of slowing down.

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the crown 3 and have been having coil issues with it and my Arco 2. I will say though the Arco is great so long as you don't have a bum coil. I have been hearing a lot about The Freemax Fire luke with the mesh coils. I'm a new vapor but it seems to me that really there is nothing to the tank. Instead it seems like what were taking about is what coils are the best. Still a lot of people seem to love this tank. Anybody here have one?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I love my Fireluke. Won't give the mesh a go unless they release more coil options. Know the flavor is good with the mesh tho.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the crown 3 and have been having coil issues with it and my Arco 2. I will say though the Arco is great so long as you don't have a bum coil. I have been hearing a lot about The Freemax Fire luke with the mesh coils. I'm a new vapor but it seems to me that really there is nothing to the tank. Instead it seems like what were taking about is what coils are the best. Still a lot of people seem to love this tank. Anybody here have one?
The Fireluke can't be beat. Although I got an aspire revvo today and that is one decent sub ohm tank!

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WOW! A month? I'd be thrilled with a week That tank would pay for itself in no time. I vape I'd guess between 15-25ml a day a mix of juices so maybe I would see 2-3 weeks that sounds amazing to me I'm luck to get 4 days at this point.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The Revvo went about a month for me on a single coil but it is juice dependant of course

Fireluke 2-3 weeks ish (same thing again)

It’s worth reading up on both the revvo its one of those you’ll love it or hate it, for me personally it’s the best flavoured sub ohm I’ve ever used but it’s got it’s quirks

Fireluke is the whole package sits behind the revvo in flavour but not as quirky haven’t tried the mesh variant though

There’s a few reviews of them all in the review section in terms of detailed breakdown ...worth taking a peek from multiple sources it’s always good to gain different perspectives and build a picture plus everyone has thier own favourites

Also seek input from everyone in the forum who have them they’ll let you know as well :)

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Revvo went about a month for me on a single coil but it is juice dependant of course

It’s worth reading up on both the revvo its one of those you’ll love it or hate it, for me personally it’s the best flavoured sub ohm I’ve ever used but it’s got it’s quirks

Fireluke is the whole package sits behind the revvo in flavour but not as quirky haven’t tried the mesh variant though

There’s a few reviews of them all in the review section in terms of detailed breakdown ...worth taking a peek from multiple sources it’s always good to gain different perspectives and build a picture plus everyone has thier own favourites

Also seek input from everyone in the forum who have them they’ll let you know as well :)
Thanks man good advice. I have read a little on it so far. I like that it comes with the RTA Or RDA not sure which because I want to learn about that. I'm a flavor chaser I don't care at all about clouds. I"ll look into the Revvo as well.

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Oh yeah I have a tend to switch juice a lot as I'm looking for good flavors that aren't to expensive. I have herd this is bad for coils. I don't really understand why unless its a sweeter juice that you switch to but maybe this is a lot of my problem.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man good advice. I have read a little on it so far. I like that it comes with the RTA Or RDA not sure which because I want to learn about that. I'm a flavor chaser I don't care at all about clouds. I"ll look into the Revvo as well.
I'm same I've always been a flavor chaser :) if you get the revvo just give it time to break in. I got mine this morning and the flavour only just shone at the end of the day. I put fucking 20ml through it and now I'm at 40 ml. It was one thirsty tank and don't be put off by building. There is some easy ones

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm same I've always been a flavor chaser :) if you get the revvo just give it time to break in. I got mine this morning and the flavour only just shone at the end of the day. I put fucking 20ml through it and now I'm at 40 ml. It was one thirsty tank and don't be put off by building. There is some easy ones
I hear you I just want to be safe. The Vandy VApe mesh RDA looks cool I guess you can get coils for it as well. Seems like it cols be a good one to learn on.

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What tank you using?? Smok coils don't last :(
I have a baby beast that I was pretty much sticking to the X4 coils on but I just put in a Q2 .4 three days ago did the pinhole trick and it still is working out pretty well. My Arco 2 I have used 2 T6 and 2 A6 coils. Haven't seen a big diff between the two. Crown 3 I have only used one .25 and about five of the .5 coils. People were saying the .5 would be better for flavor but so far they have been awful for me. Taste burnt right away little vapor production it just feels like its plugged and very muted flavor as well.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used premade coils in rebuildables for years. If you shop around its only like $2.50 for a ten pack or coils that will last month's cos you can just dry burn when gunky and rewick with new cotton.
But I've gave up to it. I don't actually enjoy rebuilding. I just wanna stick in a coil and vape :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a baby beast that I was pretty much sticking to the X4 coils on but I just put in a Q2 .4 three days ago did the pinhole trick and it still is working out pretty well. My Arco 2 I have used 2 T6 and 2 A6 coils. Haven't seen a big diff between the two. Crown 3 I have only used one .25 and about five of the .5 coils. People were saying the .5 would be better for flavor but so far they have been awful for me. Taste burnt right away little vapor production it just feels like its plugged and very muted flavor as well.
I actually think the 0.25 is better but it's personal preference. I prefer the Revvo I got today to all of them. You don't even have to drop liquid on the coil.
You just fill with liquid and turn upside down. But it's a weird tank cos you have to tilt it to get liquid to the coil. The coil is above the liquid not below it

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used premade coils in rebuildables for years. If you shop around its only like $2.50 for a ten pack or coils that will last month's cos you can just dry burn when gunky and rewick with new cotton.
But I've gave up to it. I don't actually enjoy rebuilding. I just wanna stick in a coil and vape :)
by pre made you me just the twisted wire right? so all you do it clam it down and add the cotton. If that is what I want. Seems much easier. Other than the hobby side of it the only reason I would do it is for Flavor. Unless I'm wrong it seems to not be much of a debate the an rba or rta is better flavor wise than a sub tank.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
by pre made you me just the twisted wire right? so all you do it clam it down and add the cotton. If that is what I want. Seems much easier. Other than the hobby side of it the only reason I would do it is for Flavor. Unless I'm wrong it seems to not be much of a debate the an rba or rta is better flavor wise than a sub tank.
You can buy premade coils yeah, rather than having to buy wire and make them yourself & that's debatable cos this Revvo honestly as RDA flavour!

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually think the 0.25 is better but it's personal preference. I prefer the Revvo I got today to all of them. You don't even have to drop liquid on the coil.
You just fill with liquid and turn upside down. But it's a weird tank cos you have to tilt it to get liquid to the coil. The coil is above the liquid not below it
Oh OK that explains the looks I have not seen any others like that yet.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's also why I like the Aspire speeder with the fire bar. I love the alien, it's just a shame the damn thing crapped out!

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's also why I like the Aspire speeder with the fire bar. I love the alien, it's just a shame the damn thing crapped out!
I understand that. I have an alien I love mine. How does that coil stay saturated once the juice level drops?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand that. I have an alien I love mine. How does that coil stay saturated once the juice level drops?
You can either flip it upside down every now and again or do what I do.
I hold my mod so the tank is always tilted

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's easier than you think. I was on the fence before I got it.
Easiest priming ever too, just fill the tank and leave it upside down for five minutes.
I love the filling mechanism, there's just a spring loaded pin you push your bottle into

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's easier than you think. I was on the fence before I got it.
Easiest priming ever too, just fill the tank and leave it upside down for five minutes.
I love the filling mechanism, there's just a spring loaded pin you push your bottle into
That fill slot does sound cool. It seems like an odd design but Obviously there is a reason or many why they did it.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well aspire take time to release products, they don't bring out shit every week like Smok do.
That's why the chip is better and does better TC if you so wish

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well aspire take time to release products, they don't bring out shit every week like Smok do.
That's why the chip is better and does better TC if you so wish
I like that Smok makes a lot of "cool" stuff but I figure many people flock to the name which is probably why it was recommended to me in the local B&M

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can just get better mods in that price range and vape shops are just after money
I agree I would like to get a nice one to use at home. I have an alien and a AL85 for work and such. Online Mods are not all that much money to me. As far as hobbies go. I'm comparing this to the 2K plus I have into my drone though lol.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree I would like to get a nice one to use at home. I have an alien and a AL85 for work and such. Online Mods are not all that much money to me. As far as hobbies go. I'm comparing this to the 2K plus I have into my drone though lol.
If you really wanna go all out and can afford it get an SX mini G class :) you can customise wallpapers and alsorts and programme it with your computer but drones are awesome. I'll post a picture to you of mine one day

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you really wanna go all out and can afford it get an SX mini G class :) you can customise wallpapers and alsorts and programme it with your computer but drones are awesome. I'll post a picture to you of mine one day
That' sounds cool. Are they really expensive? But yes I love drones. I haven't flown mine for a while. I have a Mavic Pro. I don' have the skill for a racer.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are like $200.00 but thinking of pulling the trigger myself. Have a look online, looks like a damn fine mod.

My drone is only a cheap one, if I'm gonna do something I make sure I like it first!

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are like $200.00 but thinking of pulling the trigger myself. Have a look online, looks like a damn fine mod.

My drone is only a cheap one, if I'm gonna do something I make sure I like it first!
That's a good idea drone are not cheap the bad think is the expensive ones like the DJI models are much easier to fly than cheap ones. If you are careful and aware of your surrounding they almost fly themselves. But I will check out that mod sounds cool.

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I highly recommend the Fireluke mesh. Its a small tank but I love it much better than my arco 2 or crown 3.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I highly recommend the Fireluke mesh. Its a small tank but I love it much better than my arco 2 or crown 3.

I actually picked the Mesh tank up tonight. I'm using a new juice in it but so far I'm certain it's pretty darned good. Can't wait to try own of my favorite juices in it next week.

Meanwhile it broke out the Crown 3 and all of the sudden it's pretty solid. The Mesh tank is better though. Coils are cheaper too.

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually picked the Mesh tank up tonight. I'm using a new juice in it but so far I'm certain it's pretty darned good. Can't wait to try own of my favorite juices in it next week.

Meanwhile it broke out the Crown 3 and all of the sudden it's pretty solid. The Mesh tank is better though. Coils are cheaper too.
I agree I haven't noticed them lasting as long as people claim. I would say they ae the best flavor of any coil I have found.

VU Sponsors