Become a Patron!

Looking for a good strawberry custard

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have some capellas v2 custard ( or the regular if your throat can take it ) use 10 percent caps and then add your strawberry to taste, probably around 4%

Caps makes a really good sweet strawberry that might be great for that.

I'm not certain if the FA strawberry will be strong enough to get in there and balance out the custard.

The TFA strawberry tastes a bit like pez candy to me.

My two cents.... I've got no recipie for you though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
t ball summed it up pretty good , are you looking for a recipe for flavors you have now or one to look at for ideas for flavors to get that make a good strawberry custard ?

I'm looking for recommended flavors to combine. I love Sweet Strawberry, I just haven't found a good mix. I haven't tried Caps Vanilla Custard, but I have some in the mail right now. I was thinking maybe adding a bit of sweet cream to top it off.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
caps custard is what defines a good custard vape by most peoples standards that like the custards. Im the wrong guy to ask that question because if you ask me what goes good with custard Ill say anything goes with it lol.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
easy mode

7.5 % caps sweet strawberry
7.5 % caps custard

slightly modified version

2% caps sweet strawberry
2% FA strawberry
4% caps vanilla custard
1% FA vienna cream
1% FA fresh cream
2% TFA french vanilla
1% TFA marshmallow
1% FA raspberry
1% TFA malted milk

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
caps custard is what defines a good custard vape by most peoples standards that like the custards. Im the wrong guy to ask that question because if you ask me what goes good with custard Ill say anything goes with it lol.
And most " custard lovers" say the exact same thing that you just said. Lol

I turned a " custard friend" on to FA white peach and FA Fuji Apple .... Cause I thought he might get off the custard now and then.

I actually talked to him yesterday and asked how he liked the fruit vapes.

He said " yeah .. 4% of that white peach with. 10% caps is the best white peach custard I ever had. .... And oh yeah,.,, 4% of that Fuji Apple with 10% Capps was the best Fuji Apple custard I ever had. "

So, there you go. Custard people just got to
Have their custard... :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
easy mode

7.5 % caps custard

2% caps sweet strawberry
2% FA strawberry
4% caps vanilla custard
1% FA vienna cream
1% FA fresh cream
2% TFA french vanilla
1% TFA marshmallow
1% FA raspberry
1% TFA malted milk
I bet you can't guess what making tomorrow !!!

Thanks wllmc :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with caps strawberry and cream, I have tons of flavors, but only have 2 big bottles, 1 is caps custard and the other is caps strawberry and cream, I just mix the strawberry and cream by itself and is good like that for me :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol , I wish I could find my all FA pink milk recipe. I just cant remember what I named it or if I even wrote it down.
I wish you could too. I would be mixing that as well ... Lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
He said " yeah .. 4% of that white peach with. 10% caps is the best white peach custard I ever had. .... And oh yeah,.,, 4% of that Fuji Apple with 10% Capps was the best Fuji Apple custard I ever had. "

FA espresso and caps custard, FA rum and caps custard, FA dark vapor and caps custard, .... just pick something and caps custard and Ill vape it. .... maybe ill mix my crab with custard

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In my search for a mothers milk clone,I took what I had and started trying to make my own.
I made a 10ml bottle at 6mg 50/50vg pg.
10% Caps Vanilla Custard v1
5% Caps Strawberry Cream
2 drops FA Vienna cream
2 drops FA Caramel
2 drops Sweetner
It was great just shake and vape,and is getting better through the week as I vape it.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So the general consensus is CAP at 10% give or take for primary note, and play around 5% with the second note?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
And most " custard lovers" say the exact same thing that you just said. Lol

I turned a " custard friend" on to FA white peach and FA Fuji Apple .... Cause I thought he might get off the custard now and then.

I actually talked to him yesterday and asked how he liked the fruit vapes.

So, there you go. Custard people just got to
Have their custard... :)

After reading this I was jonzing for apple custard. 3% fuji and 7% caps custard. Im happy camper today

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know how all of you can vape Cap's Custard . Man there is something in that stuff that makes me so sick to my stomach. The first time I thought it was something else making me sick so I tried it a different time in a different recipe and it happened again.

Funny thing is I gave the bottle to my daughter and didn't say anything and she got an upset stomach as well.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
probably a quarter to half of the people I make juice for say the same thing. it happens to me to if I vape custard to many days in a row. it used to not but it does now. but for the custard vape lover it is the perfect flavor. when I first started real vaping. not the cig a like things. all I vaped was custard for months on end. cant so it anymore. I get a scratchy throat to.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't know how all of you can vape Cap's Custard . Man there is something in that stuff that makes me so sick to my stomach. The first time I thought it was something else making me sick so I tried it a different time in a different recipe and it happened again.

Funny thing is I gave the bottle to my daughter and didn't say anything and she got an upset stomach as well.

You and your daughter aren't the only ones. I don't even like the smell of v1. I can smell v2 without heaving, but I can't vape it, either.
Which is fine - I have plenty of tasty alternatives!

pdxjlb

Member For 4 Years
Just mixed this up... had to use TFA Strawberry Ripe, Strawberry & Cream and Barvarian Cream (LA) also Strawberry Milk (OSDIY) for the malted milk, I'll let yall know how it turns out!! 50ml 3ml 25/75 with 10% water

easy mode

7.5 % caps custard

2% caps sweet strawberry
2% FA strawberry
4% caps vanilla custard
1% FA vienna cream
1% FA fresh cream
2% TFA french vanilla
1% TFA marshmallow
1% FA raspberry
1% TFA malted milk

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Just mixed this up... had to use TFA Strawberry Ripe, Strawberry & Cream and Barvarian Cream (LA) also Strawberry Milk (OSDIY) for the malted milk, I'll let yall know how it turns out!! 50ml 3ml 25/75 with 10% water
that sounds good :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I made a 30l up at 10% last night and been vaping it all day.

I would say it's a " flavor you can count on"

Thanks for the percentage advice .

I like most the caps stuff. Its not great but not bad and like you say you can count on it to be decent lol. I like caps sub ohms and in high VG vapes

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You and your daughter aren't the only ones. I don't even like the smell of v1. I can smell v2 without heaving, but I can't vape it, either.
Which is fine - I have plenty of tasty alternatives!
I ordered some V1 and V2 (test differences) and now I am kind of afraid, since I got a few vendor liquids in the past and there were some ingredient that I never liked (it felt and tasted like puke in the back of my throat) I just hope is not this custard.... And yeah they were reputable vendors...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered some V1 and V2 (test differences) and now I am kind of afraid, since I got a few vendor liquids in the past and there were some ingredient that I never liked (it felt and tasted like puke in the back of my throat) I just hope is not this custard.... And yeah they were reputable vendors...

You'll know right away when you uncap it and smell, which group you're in. To some of us, that load of diacetyl in v1 makes it smell strongly like vomit. sorry to be so crude... Many (most?) people think it smells fabulous. I think fewer people get that nasty smell from v2. It's not the vendors' fault; it's not spoiled or anything.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'll know right away when you uncap it and smell, which group you're in. To some of us, that load of diacetyl in v1 makes it smell strongly like vomit. sorry to be so crude... Many (most?) people think it smells fabulous. I think fewer people get that nasty smell from v2. It's not the vendors' fault; it's not spoiled or anything.
Yup, I'm getting that vomit "feel" more than taste, like I've said, in the back of my throat, like if I am about to vomit, but I haven't been able to pin point what flavor is doing that to me. And I am way more sensitive to it than normal I guess, since once I tried it in a nautilus, after two puffs I took from it, gag reflex kicked in, had to throw the whole juice away, change coil, and soaked everything in alcohol for a day, after that I was still able to perceive it in the nautilus.... had to give it away to someone else.....

pdxjlb

Member For 4 Years
If you have some capellas v2 custard ( or the regular if your throat can take it ) use 10 percent caps and then add your strawberry to taste, probably around 4% Caps makes a really good sweet strawberry that might be great for that. I'm not certain if the FA strawberry will be strong enough to get in there and balance out the custard. The TFA strawberry tastes a bit like pez candy to me. My two cents.... I've got no recipie for you though... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay fellow Vapers; I have given my 50ml bottle recipe a good 6 hours of 130*-140* crock pot baths split over two days equally. Now, I did this because my recipe is a 25/75 PG/VG with 10% Distilled Water and 3mg Nic mixture (100% VG base). I do agree with Thunderball there is a "PEZ-like taste in the background" but I am very happy with this even just 3 days in. Like mentioned in my last post I did need to make a few exceptions due to not having many CAP flavors besides Vanilla Custard V2 and Vanilla Cupcake, also I didn't have a malted milk, so I used OSDIYS Strawberry Milk base (which is wonderful as a single flavor recipe). I did incorporate some Marshmallow (TPA) at 1%. Flavoring totals are just over 20% which I think is fairly normal for such a complex custard juice.

Complex Strawberry Custard

Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 5%
Strawberries & Cream (TFA) 2%
Vanilla Custard V2 (CAP) 4.5%
Bavarian Cream (LA) 1.5%
French Vanilla (TFA) 2%
Marshmallow (TFA) 1%
Raspberry Sweet (TFA) 1%
Strawberry Milk (OSDIYS) 2%
Whipped Cream (TFA) 2%
Vanilla Cupcake (CAP) 0.5%

To final mixture I added a single drop of Sweetener (TFA) or sucralose and 1 single drop Vanillin 10% (TFA)

Happy Mixing.

Neil Hart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got a bunch of Strawberries and Cream recipes that I'll post when I get home. Strawberries and Cream or Custard are my all time favorite vapes! I've never tried the Strawberry Milk by OSDIYS but it must be good. What percentage do you all use it as a stand alone flavor?

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Am I the only one who found Strawberry Milk from OSDIY disappointing? I tried it at 10% and 15% standalone and I did not like it at all.

Moolers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tried it a 10% and it was dissapointing, gets better with a steep but need something else to lift it IMO. What that something is....who knows?

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried it a 10% and it was dissapointing, gets better with a steep but need something else to lift it IMO. What that something is....who knows?
I tried making it into a Strawberry Banana Milkshake, and that was catastrophically bad. After all that I just shelved it. I usually don't bother with pre-mixed flavor bases for this exact reason -- I'm good enough to make something better out of constituent parts at this point, yknow?

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I use caps vanilla custard v1 and I only use 4%. Im also a big fan of TFA bavarian cream. It adds a certain flavor that I just cant find anywhere else, and it plays very well with the FA creams also.
My strawberry cream.
5% CAP sweet strawberry
4% CAP vanilla custard
2% TFA bavarian cream
1% FA vienna cream
1% FA cream fresh

OhioRuss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone tried Bloody Valentine by Chicago Juice Mob? That is by far the best strawberry custard I have ever run across and I haven't come close to replicating it myself... I have even tasked a hand full of shop owners and juice makers in the Columbus (OH) area to try to duplicate it, but they are all still missing something in their custard. Perhaps my palette isn't refined enough to pick it what is missing, but I will definitely try out some of these recipes and see if I can get one step closer to not having to wait for supply when I need it.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm slowly becoming a fan of the strawberry custard and maybe soon other flavors of custard. I say slowly because of the steeping time. I will someday learn not to sneak a taste before it's ready.
I found a Unicorn Milk clone somewhere in VU and made a 20 ml first test batch with flavors I had in stock. After waiting about 2 weeks I gave it a taste. It was gone in 2 days and it wasn't as good as I think it can be.
This round I dropped the Cap Custard to 7% from 8% and raised the Cap Strawberry up from 4% to 6% and some other tweaks. I made 30 ml this time. The custard part is fine, it's the strawberry that was the weakling. I'm not a fan of Cap's Sweet Strawberry so that will be another bit of tweaking to do.

I read this thread from top to bottom. Ya all got me thinking of other custard flavors to try once I make a few more shake n vapes to tide me over while I wait for the steeping to be finished.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm slowly becoming a fan of the strawberry custard and maybe soon other flavors of custard. I say slowly because of the steeping time. I will someday learn not to sneak a taste before it's ready.
I found a Unicorn Milk clone somewhere in VU and made a 20 ml first test batch with flavors I had in stock. After waiting about 2 weeks I gave it a taste. It was gone in 2 days and it wasn't as good as I think it can be.
This round I dropped the Cap Custard to 7% from 8% and raised the Cap Strawberry up from 4% to 6% and some other tweaks. I made 30 ml this time. The custard part is fine, it's the strawberry that was the weakling. I'm not a fan of Cap's Sweet Strawberry so that will be another bit of tweaking to do.

I read this thread from top to bottom. Ya all got me thinking of other custard flavors to try once I make a few more shake n vapes to tide me over while I wait for the steeping to be finished.
I'd be interested in hearing your tweaks because I'm guessing you maybe used my Unicorn Milk clone. I tried the Cap Strawberry at 6% initially but thought it completely overpowered it and found it just right at 4%. I also tried the strawberry from TFA at varying percentages but I didn't like it at all. I even tried it at 2% with 4% Caps but it was a no go. Something about the FA strawberry I just don't like but absolutely love Caps. Plus I thought it was the closest match to the strawberry in Unicorn Milk.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd be interested in hearing your tweaks
You may be right about the Cap Strawberry as I had used 2% Caps and 2% FW which did not work at all. Tasting the Cap strawberry at 6% during a cheater shake n vape, the strawberry seemed just right for me. Who knows what it will be like in a couple of weeks.
Only one other tweak was bumping the marshmallow up 1%.

Strawberry ripe 8% tfa
dragonfruit 3% tfa
cheesecake gramcrust 2% tfa
Bavarian cream 2% tfa
french vanilla 3% tfa
vanilla classic 2% fa
caramel 1.5% fa
vanilla custard 2% tfa

This is is a very good strawberry custard I have been vaping for about a week now and gets better everyday.

VU Sponsors