Become a Patron!

Looking for a genesis style atty with huge airflow

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey folks,

I am looking to buy a genesis atty and am looking at the Prometheus, but I can't find the size of the air holes. Does anyone know the size of the holes? Any other recommended genesis style attys? I am looking for airflow similar to the orchid which I believe is dual 2 mm.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Most need the cap to be drilled out. The only exception is the OZ22 and I'm fairly certain you are looking to drop upwards of $400.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Will neighborhood hardware stores drill it out for you? I don't have any hardware for it or space for hardware. Seems like if you drill out the holes, the rest is mostly style and top cap size.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Will neighborhood hardware stores drill it out for you? I don't have any hardware for it or space for hardware. Seems like if you drill out the holes, the rest is mostly style and top cap size.
Pretty much. If you don't have any vape shops nearby that do drill press work....then I would probably go with a machine shop of some sort. A hardware store will most likely not take the responsibility or liability.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
iHybrid Pure is a Genesis Mod . Its super easy to drill out the top cap being light gauge metal. I got 1 2 months ago on sale for $40 but I see they are back up to $100 at Maximum Vapers. Maybe cheaper else where. I have 3 other Genesis Attys and the Pure outperforms them all

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
drilling out the cap is the most likely route fo a geni. the aga works nicely drilled out -a la mutation x style. other than that the kraken has worked well for me.its a dual coil geni with adjustable airflow. not the biggest air but still nice and clones can be gotten cheap before you dump 150$ on an authentic.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the A Kraken clone set up single coil with SS Robe and SS Mesh at .9ohm Its a good Vape I had to replaced the Bottom O Ring for the glass tank due to leaking the 1 on it was to thick. Luckily the red O Ring from my busted Aqua Clone[please don't ask] solved the leaking.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I swapped out leaking orings on my kraken. The new orings fit fine,but they werent stout enough. So when i pulled the sleeve off occasionally the glass would come with,dumping liquid everywhere.
Changed out the orings again;for something more stout this time. Only this time they were too stout. The glass went on but wouldnt come off. I wound up cracking it trying to pop it off with a micro screw driver.

Im kicking myself because i just ordered a darkhorse today and forgot to put the new kraken glass on the order

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just picked up the kraken. The good news is that it vapes pretty well with the SS mesh. Gonna have to try it out all night. The bad news is the 22ft of SS rope I got is to thick to wick with. $10 down the drain. O well. Is there a significant improvement using ss mesh over ss rope, or am I fine sticking with my mesh?

O yea. The vape store near my place doesn't drill out wholes (they are ordering the gear to) but the kraken dual air holes is enough for me.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your Fine, I just like SS Rope wrapped with mesh as it is a stiffer wick to wrap kanthal wire around. I prefer to use #400 or 500 SS Mesh

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have three kracken clones dual coil setup with stainless steel rope on both and had some with drilled out holes but the three I own now are stock and the intake is more than I can ask for. they are great from the start.

VU Sponsors