Logic Quits Rap to Stream on Twitch Exclusively

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Logic has signed a deal to stream exclusively on Twitch. Sir Robert Bryson Hall II, the rapper known as Logic and in some cases, Bobby Boy and Young Sinatra, has announced in an interview with The Verge that he has signed a deal with Twitch just days after announcing his retirement from rap. Logic has been streaming on Twitch for a couple of years and in that time, has amassed over 65,000 followers and more than 1.5 million views. Twitch is seemingly banking on those numbers to go up. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2018/10/26/twitch-wants-streamers-to-sing-more-to-their-audience"] "I'm blessed enough to have millions of fans and followers," he said. "So it is a great partnership. I'm going to bring new eyes to their service, they're going to bring new money to my bank account, and — I'm just kidding." Jokes aside, they are bringing new money to his bank account in the form of seven-figures he said. This deal comes just days after Logic announced his retirement from rap. You can check out the announcement below.
Officially announcing my retirement with the release of “No Pressure” executive produced by No I.D. July 24th...

It’s been a great decade. Now it’s time to be a great father. Art by @SamSpratt pic.twitter.com/stgSU6dMBt — Bobby No Pressure (@Logic301) July 16, 2020
While it's easy to perceive Logic as a celebrity jumping into one of the most popular video game streaming platforms in the world, fans of him likely already know that he's a self-proclaimed nerd. His 2016 release, Bobby Tarantino, features a song called "Super Mario World" that sounds similar to the tunes of the game of the same name. That same song features a shoutout to Naughty Dog's Uncharted 4. Logic believes Twitch to be a tool to connect fans of his music to his love of gaming. "I think it's a powerful platform that allows me to connect with my fans in the best way possible," he said. "This is the place where if you want to interact with me, you're going to do it here. I'm not going to be on Twitch, having political debates. I'm going to be on Twitch, helping people smile after they've had a day of protesting or political debates, unwind and laugh and smile." He said his music is there if you're looking for his views of the world, something seemingly off-limit on his Twitch channel. His first stream as a new partner of Twitch will happen on July 21 at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET. Logic will be premiering his new and supposed final album, No Pressure, there before it debuts elsewhere on July 24. [poilib element="accentDivider"] Wesley LeBlanc is a freelance news writer and guide maker for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @LeBlancWes.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors