Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/local-doctor-warns-parents-of-dangers-of-juul-e-cigarettes/548847718

Lie # 1 & 2:

"Hartman says smoking one Juul is equal to an entire pack of cigarettes, and he’s concerned because the carcinogens in the device include propylene glycol, the same chemical as anti-freeze."

A juul pod isn't equal to a pack of cigarettes.

Equal in what? Carcinogens? Carbon Monoxide?

A juul pod is equal to ZERO cigarettes

If we are talking about nicotine a juul pod is equal to a nicotine patch or 12 pieces of nicotine gum.

It's disingenuous to equate a juul pod to any smoked tobacco product.

Since when is propylene glycol a carcinogen?

Oh, that's right. it isn't.

Lie # 3:

"Dr. Lester Hartman of Westwood Mansfield Pediatrics says part of the appeal is that it looks like a flash drive for a computer, and can even be charged by USB."

No it doesn't. it looks like a fucking Pax Juul

juul4.jpg

Lie # 4

"The Juul costs $49.99 for a starter kit & can be ordered online. It appears you need only to check a box to confirm you're 18.

“Well kids lie. they just press that and bam and you go get a Visa gift card,” Hartman said. “You know you avoid your parents credit card.”

They just press that and bam?
What it instantly lands in your lap?

No it lands in your PARENTS mail box.
The one the parents are supposed to be getting the mail from while protecting their kids.

When I was 15 I couldn't get shit in the mail without my mom knowing.
When I got home from school my mail was already opened FOR ME.

It would also be safe to say that the Pax Juul site has the best of the best of third party age verification software

The fact that 95% + of juul sales are face to face transactions at gas stations must have alluded this genius because if I were going to pick a device to bitch about it would be a kit from fasttech or something not the juul.

It's almost as if Dr. Lester Hartman of Westwood Mansfield Pediatrics recycled fearmongering and propaganda bullshit from 5 years ago and didn't study the product at all.

I wonder why Dr. Lester Hartman didn't get his underage child (or use a friends underage child if he has none) to try to use a visa gift card then click "Yes, I am over 18" and then ""BAM!!!""
See what happened for himself? - 5150

Last edited:

Nate. H

Member For 4 Years
Lol PG? For real? I mean theres toxic chemicals that have water listed as an ingredient does that mean we shouldn't drink water? Ridiculous that any fucking doctor is trying to use the pg/antifreeze excuse. Hes probably a shill. I think doctors like that who lie for corporations should have their licenses taken away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's almost like, as more studies have been done, they can't find anything new to attack ecigs for. Imagine that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Wish I had a Juul when I was, say... 13 yrs old.

I know, tell me about it.
If the juul would have been around when I was a teen I wouldn't have wasted 23 years choking down Marlboros and Newports.

It's almost as if these quacks believe that cigarettes (TAX $$$) are the answer to this "vaping epidemic (NO TAX $$$)" ???

"OK kiddies, back to the Newports. Nothing to see here"

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Shouldn't a Doctor KNOW that PG is what they pump thru the ventilation systems in hospitals to prevent germs from spreading and that their patients breath it in in breathing treatments? DUH :huh::huh:

Oh I love uneducated "educated" people! :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

VU Sponsors