Become a Patron!

Little help on cotton wicking.??

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am going to grab some cotton tomorrow and dive into the RDA world. I know regular cotton is a no no and organic is way to go however at the dollat general i saw "sterile" cotton balls. Is that ok to use?? Also, whichever it is (organic or sterile) do i still boil an dry out?

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Usually you can find organic cotton balls at your local drug store. The sterile cotton balls should be ok (with my limited knowledge and experience), but some say it can effect the taste of your liquid. I have used regular sterile cotton balls. I notice an initial funny taste until the cotton is soaked with the liquid. I have never boiled either, but again, due to my limited experience, I may be wrong. Just my input. Hope this helps!

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
You want 100% organic cotton. No bleaching, no sterilization, no chemicals at all. If it's pure white, you probably don't want it. Organic cotton is kind of dingy looking, it's an off-white color. And no, if it's organic, you shouldn't have to boil it.

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Usually you can find organic cotton balls at your local drug store. The sterile cotton balls should be ok (with my limited knowledge and experience), but some say it can effect the taste of your liquid. I have used regular sterile cotton balls. I notice an initial funny taste until the cotton is soaked with the liquid. I have never boiled either, but again, due to my limited experience, I may be wrong. Just my input. Hope this helps!
If the drug store has the organic i will just get those to squash any doubt. Browsing on line the stock of organic all say "available online only" which im gonna assune one out of the ten near me carry them. Just wanted to get any info based on experience. I wasnt sure (still not) that sterile cotton is bleached or have any pesticides etc..

Thanks for your input

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sterile is fine to use without boiling, but, as stated in an earlier post, some say it has a slight taste which goes away after 4 or 5 draws...
the sterilization process doesnt use chemicals. it uses super heated, pressurized steam, much the same as a hospitals autoclave for sterilizing instuments

VU Sponsors